Wednesday, April 15, 2015

For new readers;Natalie joins Hamerton, a large school that has a lot of things going on, most of it being illegal and terrorizing. She is agonized by the news of her friend's tragic death and she has to face up with the Hamerton's bloody governance in order to secure the President's badge that has the power to decode a bomb that could cause a large massacre. she teams up with Trevor, the ex and most renowned president of Hamerton and Class D students against Nicky and her fellow evil seniors.


Where it ended last time. Simon and his friends attack Natalie and take Trevor's watch. Simon also reveals Steven's treachery to the rest of Class D members. Natalie manages to escape Simon's claws but, she is close to getting Knocked.


Continue;



A loud scree filled the atmosphere when the driver braked at an inch in front of Natalie. She let out a shriek in response, tottering back a few steps. When she felt the ground below her, she released her face. She was alive.
I am alive!
Just then the driver’s and the passenger’s doors of the car opened and two men rushed to her.
“Oh my God are you okay?” the first asked.
Natalie met his gaze. Even in the dark, she could still recognize it. “Trevor?”
Before he replied, the other guy and driver of the car drew closer. “I’m terribly sorry. I’m a terrible driver. And what’s up with all that running?”
“Natalie.” Trevor reckoned.
Natalie broke into a large smile and hugged him tightly. He hugged her back and Kenneth, the other guy, stared at them with amazement.
Trevor felt Natalie’s heartbeat running first. She was also sweating and wetting his shirt. He drew back. “Were you chased?”
She did not even give him a chance to reply, she held him tight and initiated a kiss that also took Trevor off guard. It was more strange than passionate. But, wanting to make up for the time that they were apart, he kissed her back with somewhat equal exuberance.
“Okay… Show’s over. Guys? Please?” Kenneth said with impatience. Unless Trevor knew that girl, it was love at first sight or kiss or… something.
The couple drew apart but, Trevor still had his attention on Natalie. “What happened to you?”
“I almost got raped…” she begun, crying. “Those people, they held me down to the ground… someone got shot. I was so scared.”
“Calm down Natalie, you’re fine now.” Trevor coaxed holding her hands.
“Which direction did they run to? I think that I can catch them.” Kenneth said immediately.
“No!” Natalie cried. “They are armed… it is too dangerous.”
Kenneth dug his hand into his jacket pocket taking out his own gun.
“Kenneth-” Trevor begun.
“What? It’s licensed.”
“No. It’s the work of the police. Can we get Natalie home first? She may be tired.”
Kenneth sighed.
Trevor turned back to Natalie. “Is it alright to take you home?”
She nodded.
“Where’s your place?” Kenneth asked.
“Just a few blocks away.” Trevor replied for her.
“Wait…” Natalie said. She just realized that, they were not supposed to be there. “Why are you in Brooklyn?”
“We came for you.” Trevor said. “I needed to say that I’m sorry.” The President issues could come later…
“You are?” she asked. She was impressed by the fact that Trevor went through all the trouble to apologize to her.
“Yes. I didn't tell you many stuff about me. It’s not that I didn't trust you but, I was just afraid of how you may react.”
Natalie paused for a moment and glanced at Kenneth queerly.
“Amh, Kenneth, my brother.” Trevor helped.
“Okay, let’s get out of here.” Kenneth said replacing his gun in his jacket pocket.
They walked to the drive. Natalie was quite amused with its sleekness and lofty but, recalling just how rich the Hamerton students were, the Bugatti was not such a new thing.
She got in the back seats with Trevor and laid her head on his shoulder for the following five minutes until Kenneth paused the car in front of Natalie’s gate.
“We’re here.” Kenneth announced.
Natalie drew from Trevor’s shoulder and looked out of the window. It was her place alright but, she did not remember giving them directions.
“How did you guys find my house?” she asked.
“Ingrid helped.” Trevor replied.
“Where is she?”
“Chicago, I guess. She never came with us.” Trevor said.
Natalie walked out of the car and Trevor followed. She strolled into their front yard and straight to the pavement. Just then, she sighed. Until that while she had not realized that she left her bag in the alley.
Keys.
“Looks like there’s nobody at home.” Kenneth said staring up the dark flat.
“Are they asleep? Can’t you knock?” Trevor asked standing on the pavement below where Natalie stood. He was trying to help.
“No.” she replied. “I’m alone. My dad traveled and my mom went to Massachusetts with his great aunt.”
“Oh.” Kenneth said.
“You can’t sleep here alone after what happened to you tonight.” Trevor said.
“I guess not. I left my keys in my bag, my phone the rest of my allowance...” She paused sighing.  “I don’t even know what I’ll do.”
“You can come with us to a hotel.” Trevor suggested. “And we can be there till your family gets back.”
Natalie was silent, thinking.
“It’s a good suggestion bro but, if you look at the time, it’s nearing midnight. The streets aren't safe and we don’t even know a hotel close to here. If it were only the two of us, we could get through the hustle but, Natalie is tired and has been through a lot already. If we’re able to get her to her familiar environment, she might get better.”
“So, what are you thinking?” Trevor asked, open for opinions.
Kenneth turned to Natalie. “Isn't there any other way into your house?”
“No. I locked all the doors and windows.”
“Okay. Can I break in? You can explain that to your parents, right?”
She chuckled and nodded.
He drew closer to where she was standing and she paved a way for him.
Kenneth inspected the door and looked around for a stone. “I wonder why we have glass windows and doors. It’s easy for robbers to break in and steal.”
“Well, it’s also easy to escape in case of fire.” Trevor replied him.
Pa!
Kenneth hit the door and the glass shuttered down. He slipped his hand through the hole made and felt the door lock from the inside.
“Trevor our house uses bullet proof glass for all the doors and windows.” Kenneth went on, trying to unlock the door.
“Well, perhaps, our life is also different.”
Kenneth drew out his hand and opened the door from outside. It pushed open and he led the way in.
“Thank you.” Natalie said.
“Piece of cake. I just hoped that it doesn't cost much.” Kenneth said to her.
She found a switch to light up the living room that they walked into. Trevor closed the door behind them.
“Please, have a seat and make yourselves at home.” She said.
“Thank you.” Kenneth said first, standing close to a sofa but, he did not sit.
Trevor walked from the door and stood close to her. He stared at her, grinning.
“What can I get you?” she asked trying to be hospital.
“We have come a long way but, you go have a rest or something. I’m pretty sure if you showed Trevor to your refrigerator, he might get me anything to suit my liking.” Kenneth said.
Natalie smiled. Kenneth’ personality was quite charming and responsible unlike the way Trevor expressed. He was probably a good brother.
“Yeah. Show me your freezer.” Trevor said. “I’m parched with thirst.”
“This way.” She said and entered the kitchen in the opposite doorway. She light up the room, thanking herself for tidying it before she left.
She walked to the fridge and opened it. There were some egg trays, frozen chicken and some green vegetables. The top freezer had a big bottle of water, some Pepsi™ cans and lemonade juice.
“Where’s all the beer?” Trevor asked, carelessly.
“We don’t have beer. We have all these.”
“Red bull? Malta? Any energy drink?”
“My mom is pregnant, we put away those.”
“Kenneth is never going to take Pepsi. Give me water then.”
She took out the bottle and carried it to a table within the room. She fetched a glass from a cupboard and filled it with water.
“What about you?” she asked eventually.
Trevor already got his own Pepsi can from the refrigerator. “I guess this will do.”
He took Kenneth’ glass and left the kitchen to the living room. He found Kenneth seated, taking off his socks.
“What’s that?” Kenneth asked, grimacing.
“Water.” Trevor replied and offered it to him. “No beer or anything to suit your liking.”
Kenneth shook his head and received the water. He took a long puff. “At least it’s cold.”
“There’s chicken.” Trevor said.
“Water and chicken… nah, I’ll pass.”
“You can try Pepsi.”
“I’m alright Trevor. Thank you.” he assured and waved his head to the kitchen’s direction. “Go be with your girlfriend. I’ll stay up guarding in case the robbers come back.”
“We can take turns.”
“No. You need rest.”
Trevor smiled. “Thank you.”
Kenneth just shrugged.
Trevor returned back to the kitchen and found Natalie checking the back door to their house garage.
“Yeah.” She said, hearing him walk in. “I never locked this.” She opened it a little and closed it again.
“Is it alright? Everything intact?”
She turned to him and nodded.

“So, where’s your room?”

what happened next? stay tuned to find out...
©All rights reserved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment