Saturday, April 11, 2015

For new readers;Natalie joins Hamerton, a large school that has a lot of things going on, most of it being illegal and terrorizing. She is agonized by the news of her friend's tragic death and she has to face up with the Hamerton's bloody governance in order to secure the President's badge that has the power to decode a bomb that could cause a large massacre. she teams up with Trevor, the ex and most renowned president of Hamerton and Class D students against Nicky and her fellow evil seniors.


Where it ended last time; Kenneth offers help to Trevor to save Hamerton. he forces Trevor to go with him to New York to convince Natalie to become President. Mr. Tommy already confirms that Nicky evil in their family. 


Continue:



Natalie woke up late that morning. She slept in because of the interruption in her sleep the night before. She arranged her bed quickly and brushed her teeth before leaving her room, to help her mom with preparing breakfast downstairs.
Unlike she had anticipated, the dinning was unoccupied and a mess. There were dirty dishes in the kitchen, of their meal the night before. Natalie frowned knowing that she was not supposed to. She went back upstairs, calling her mom.
There was no reply.
She paused at the master bedroom door and knocked. “Mom? Mommy?” there were only some groaning behind the door but, no response.
Natalie tilted the door knob and pushed it open slowly.
The bedroom revealed, spacious with white paneled walls and cream carpet. The bed itself was opposite the door and Mrs. Bradley lay on it covered with light brown blankets.
“Mom?” Natalie called walking to the bed. She felt chills when she approached it. Mom looked sick, a terrifying sight.
“Oh, honey.” Mrs. Bradley struggled.
“Are you okay? Where’s dad?”
“He had to go to the office early today. In fact, he’ll be back in two days.”
“Did he leave you like this?”
“No, no. I was fine by the time he left. I insisted that I’ll be okay. That trip of him will get us some money that could enhance your trip to Germany.”
Natalie looked down, silent.
Mom furrowed her eyebrows. “What’s wrong dear? Don’t you wanna go for it?”
Natalie looked at her. “I just had a bad dream. Caitlin was asking me not to go to Hamerton.”
“How do you feel about it?”
“I don’t want to shift. I told her that.”
“Is there anything wrong with your school honey?”
Natalie shook her head, lying.
“Okay. Then you don’t have to shift. Cummon, help me up please.”
Natalie put her hand around her mom’s back, stuffing a pillow at the head of the bed. She helped her mom sit and asked, “Can I get you anything mom?”
“No. Another thing dear, Mrs. Grey will be here around noon. She wants me to go and be with her at her place till Fredrick comes back.”
“Oh? I’ll be here alone?”
“I’m sorry dear. But, you will be fine. Remember Mrs. Grey and her belief in spirits? She thinks that she can do some cleansings on me so that I don’t lose this baby.”
Natalie laughed a little. “You believe that she can do that?”
“Not me. Fredrick.”
“Dad’s ridiculous.”
“I don’t blame him. Mrs. Grey is his great aunt. She took care of him when he was young.”
“Then I guess he’s the one who wanted you to spend time over there other than here while he’s away.” Natalie reckoned wagging her head.
“Yeap. But, I’m up for the,” she spread her hands in the air. “Spiritual adventure.”
Natalie laughed and mom joined her.
“Okay, you may help me in packing a few stuff. Take my yellow dress from the closet and the white handbag. It should be enough to accommodate whatever I’ll need.”
“Yes mom.” Natalie replied and started her rounds inside the room. She walked to the closet and picked out some of her mom’s belongings. Inwardly she imagined the two days alone in the house. Exciting? Boring? She was not sure.
While she packed, mom went for a shower. By the time mom was out, it was already 11:50am. Natalie yawned and left her mom to dress while she went back downstairs to get anything for breakfast.
The front door bell was ringing and she walked to it to receive it.
Mrs. Grey stood at the threshold, a short woman around her late fifties. She had a hard and wrinkled face that always gave Natalie the chills when she beheld her.
“Good morning Mrs. Grey. Come in please.”
“Good morning.” Mrs. Grey replied with a hoarse voice. She stomped into the house with his heavy brown boots. She was wearing a light blue dress and a grey cloak over it.
Cold. Natalie was thinking imagining just how the cloak was over-warming on the old woman. She closed the door and turned to the lady. “Mom will be down shortly. She’s dressing right now.”
“Mrs. Grey?” mom called from upstairs.
“It’s me dear.” Mrs. Grey called back.
“Okay, I’m coming.”
Natalie went to the kitchen and sighed. The room was a mess. She had to take care of that before she was going to have anything.
She begun doing the dishes and cleaned the counter. Her mom appeared in the room 10 minutes later looking neater in a yellow dress and white moccasins. She carried a white hand bag to go with while wearing few bangles on her pale arms. “Oh Natalie?”
“Mom?”
“I’ll be off with Mrs. Grey now. If any visitor comes you will call me or tell me when I get back. Take care of cleaning the house; all the bathrooms and the veranda is very dusty. Is that alright?”
“Pocket money?” Natalie asked, carelessly. She had dismissed all her mom’s orders.  
“Oh. I forgot.” Mom said and opened her bag. Natalie walked closer to receive 5 dollars from her.
She whined. “Mom…”
“Everything is in the fridge dear. Ps, I’ll be here the day after tomorrow.”
“What if anything happens? Please?”
“Natalie, you know that if I could top up this amount, I would but, I can’t now.” Mom explained and took Natalie’s hand, caressing it. “When daddy comes back we’ll get a lot of money and I will refund you.”
Natalie forced a smile. After all, it was the right thing to do.
Mom gave her a light hug, pressing Natalie lightly with her stomach.
“Good bye mom.” Natalie bid warmly.

“See you soon.” Mom said and joined Mrs. Grey who was already outside, waiting.

what happened next? stay tuned to find out... 

No comments:

Post a Comment