Wednesday, April 1, 2015

For new readers;Natalie joins Hamerton, a large school that has a lot of things going on, most of it being illegal and terrorizing. She is agonized by the news of her friend's tragic death and she has to face up with the Hamerton's bloody governance in order to secure the President's badge that has the power to decode a bomb that could cause a large massacre. she teams up with Trevor, the ex and most renowned president of Hamerton and Class D students against Nicky and her fellow evil seniors.

where it ended last time; Steven and Natalie discover a container of mercury extracted from Erin's locker. She discovers that her boyfriend is stuck with the enemy Nicky. When they find him, he has fainted

Continue:

Chapter Nine: Dissolution of the Parliament

Natalie remained crying on Trevor’s side over the weekend. The nurses looked at her pitifully. Trevor was unconscious and the doctor said that he will remain that way for the next few days.
On Monday after arriving school, Natalie came to see him. She found him still asleep or, rather between life and death. She sighed, regretting everything that she did. She should not have let him help her in the first place. She should have accepted her fate and not drag him to the situation that he was then facing.
She caressed his hand, whispering prayers of ‘get well soon’. Otherwise, she knew that she would never forgive herself if any worse happened.
She bent closer to him and kissed his forehead. She could feel his breathing-
“Corhein.”
Natalie drew back at the sound. She turned around and saw Ingrid standing there in her normal uniforms and leadership ID.
“Ingrid.” Natalie whispered breaking into a smile. She gave Ingrid a strong hug and released a tear of joy.
They parted. “What’s Corhein?” Natalie asked before it slipped her mind.
“It’s a combination of Heroine and Cocaine. Well, Corhein was my hybrid naming.”
“What does it have to do with Trevor?”
“It’s what got him there.” Ingrid replied throwing a glance at Trevor and back at her.
Natalie shook her head with disbelief. “He, he does drugs?”
“No.” Ingrid paused. “His older brother, Ken, used to administer Corhein to Trevor at fourteen. Ken wanted to ruin him. I, I talked Trevor out of it and he joined a rehabilitation program. We’ve been attached. Somehow.”
Natalie took a few seconds to imagine their situation. She was lost somewhere. “Does he get this way often?”
“No. not unless he’s subjected to extreme conditions.” Ingrid said looking at him on the bed. She looked back at Natalie. “I’m sorry that you had to endure this. I know just how much you love him.”
“I, I didn’t know the price that I had to pay to get help. I will never do it again.”
“No. You will have to. For the good of all of us. Our sacrifices are worth something. One day when you will have to sacrifice for anyone, you will do it proudly.”
Natalie sighed and looked down. She could catch a glimpse of Ingrid’s green card showing from her pocket. She raised her gaze. “How did you get it back? I’m sorry, I’ve been keeping my mind here, I forgot all about the plan.”
“Yeah, Steven and the others did the large part. I got my post back.”
“Ingrid…”
The girls turned to the bed where the voice came from. Trevor moved his eyes under his eyelids murmuring Ingrid’s name.
Ingrid smiled and rounded the bed to his head. “I’m here Trevor.” She said bending closer to him.
“You’re here.” He whispered.
Natalie stared at them for a while. She wished that she knew him as much. That, she went through adventures with him. That their love had deeper foundations.
She left silently and started her journey up to her class. She paused in the level 16 hallway where class S was. Steven stood beside the entrance of the class with Erin, discussing something.
Natalie joined them and Steven’s greeting was, “Is he awake?”
“Yes.” Natalie replied nodding.
“Thank God.” Steven prayed.
“He must have.” Erin said.
“What are you two up to?” Natalie asked.
“I was telling him that I stole that can of mercury from the seniors.” Erin said. She drew closer to Natalie and whispered. “I also run some tests. There are traces of Hydrargyrum in the water that we drink.”
Natalie’s mouth dropped open. “That is dangerous. We could all die.”
Erin drew back. “We have a few chances.”
“That’s what we were talking about.” Steve said “We can use DPCN or, dimercapol, with correct dosage of course. This can help to treat Hydrargyria.”
“That is the immediate thing that we can do before we totally stop the seniors.” Erin added looking at Natalie.
“But, how on earth will we be able to import those medications to our school?” Natalie asked automatically making herself part of the rescue mission. Ingrid’s word of sacrifices had got into her.
“I have an aunt who works for a big Chemical company.” Erin said. “He’s in London however. I can’t involve him much about what I need and for what reasons but, I think that I can get those Anti- hydrargyria drugs for us through her.”
“How much time do you need?” Natalie asked.
“A couple of days. But, if I leave again, Nicky cannot find out.” Erin replied.
Natalie nodded in understanding.
“Erin. I can give you the prescription during recess. I can sit with Robert and estimate the population of our school and the water source to know how much amounts of dimercapol we will need to treat the Mercury poisoning.” Steve offered.
“Okay.” Erin agreed.
“I’m not sure what I can help with.” Natalie said and eyed Steve. “Estimation and stuff is my field and you already have it.”
“How about you steal recent blood samples from our school patients and estimate the degree of poisoning.” Steve suggested.
Natalie smiled. “Good idea. I’ll beat you to the lab.”
“And I will take care of the power for you. Just, notify us when you’re all set.” Steve went on.
“Gladly.”
An electric bell above them on the wall rang. “Later.” Natalie bid.
“Go ahead I’ll follow.” Erin said.
Natalie resumed with her journey but, more hastily. She crossed the stairs with many students who were running to and fro at the stairwell to be in their classes in time. As she was going up she felt a strong grip of her hand and turned around.
Nick held her hand and was looking at her fiercely. There was extra something different about her that Natalie saw. She had no leadership ID.
“You won this time, Natalie Bradley.” She spoke with such hatred in her voice. “Next, don’t you think that you’ll be so lucky.”
Natalie gulped. But, she was not supposed to be terrorized by her again. “Let me go!” she half shouted and pulled her hand free. She run up to her class. She had lots of reasons to.


Please stay in touch...

No comments:

Post a Comment