Tuesday, April 14, 2015

For new readers;Natalie joins Hamerton, a large school that has a lot of things going on, most of it being illegal and terrorizing. She is agonized by the news of her friend's tragic death and she has to face up with the Hamerton's bloody governance in order to secure the President's badge that has the power to decode a bomb that could cause a large massacre. she teams up with Trevor, the ex and most renowned president of Hamerton and Class D students against Nicky and her fellow evil seniors.


Where it ended last time; Natalie goes out for supper and meets with an old friend, Simon. he blames her for ditching him after joining Hamerton. He also sees Trevor's diamond watch that Natalie is wearing and that makes Natalie worried. 


Continue;


Just after Natalie finished her supper, Mrs. Charity joined her. She distracted Natalie with stories from old times.
“I will really miss that girl.” Mrs. Charity concluded after an hour had gone by.
“I do so every day. She was my bestfriend.” Natalie added.
Mrs. Charity looked at her pitifully.
A waiter came to their table. “Can we have the keys to the store room ma’am.”
Mrs. Charity checked her apron pockets and when she could not find them she sighed. “Oh. I left them…” she rose. “Let me get them for you.”
“Let me also leave Mrs. Charity. I fear that it’s getting late.” Natalie said, collecting her shoulder bag.
“Okay. Good night dear. Take care and greet your mom for me.” Mrs. Charity bid and gave Natalie an air-kiss.
Natalie left the diner and realized just how warm it was back inside. The temperatures lowered largely as the night ascended. She hugged herself while walking in the quieter and darker roads.
What time is it? She wondered. Surely, it cannot have been 10pm already.
When Natalie came back home, she was informed of the ongoing robbery in their streets. That made their council put a curfew of 10pm for all people living in Brooklyn.
She took a deep breath when she felt her heartbeat running fast. If it was already ten then, who knows what may happen to her.
Her fear rose further up when she visualized silhouettes of some boys coming from opposite direction. She could not count them quickly, she had no time to. She tried her best to make unsuspecting steps to an alley close by. It was darker but, she had no choice but, to hide herself there.
She panted, crouching behind a dustbin that she spotted in the alley. As she waited she heard footsteps drawing closer.
“Oh. God.” She whispered, sighing.
“I know that you’re out there!” a voice called. “I can feel your breathing.”
Natalie swallowed. Of course, these were the robbers who were destructing peace of their town. Simon. And it was all about the diamond watch.
Simon drew closer to the spot that Natalie was. He had noticed the dustbin vibrating with the help of a torchlight that he carried.
But, why? Natalie thought. If Simon robbed her, he knows obviously that she could tell on him. She knows him, why would he take the risk?
“What a silly place to hide!” Simon called and kicked the dustbin away making Natalie fall back with light abrasion on her bare hand.
“Please don’t hurt me.” She cried covering her face to keep away from Simon’s torch light.
Simon bent to her and pulled her up, harshly. He pushed her against a wall making her cry with agony. She squeezed her eyes, with pain and fear. When she opened them, she greeted Simon’s ugly face and he forced a kiss on her.
She struggled, but, his body was heavy against hers, she could hardly move a muscle. He only drew back when she bit his tongue and angrily, he slapped her, sending her back to the ground.
The other guys Simon was with, were laughing behind them and Natalie cursed that there was no damn night patrol to help her.
She raised her head to Simon and looked at a gun that he held pointing at her.
“Give me the diamond watch!” he bawled.
“It’s not mine.” She cried. She hardly knew the value of diamonds but, she knew the value of Trevor. “Please, don’t hurt me Simon, I beg you.”
“You’re so stupid!” he shouted and commanded one of his crew members to take the watch off her hand.
“No! Please don’t!” Natalie cried when the evil guy had his heavy hands on her, un-clutching Trevor’s watch from her hand. When he was done, Simon grabbed her again.
“Why are you doing this Simon?” she cried. “I’m supposed to be your girlfriend, I love you.”
“You love me? You love me? If you ever did you would never have forgotten about me when you went to that rich people’s school.”
“I didn't forget you. I told you so that, we were too busy. I lost the phone you gave me… I’m sorry, please?”
“Shut up! Shut up!” he shouted with obvious pain in his chest. “You lost the only gift that I had for you and now, you’re ready to die first before someone should take the silly watch that your boyfriend gave you!”
“It’s Caitlin’s.” she lied, cutting him short.
“Don’t think that I’m so stupid Natalie. I know what has been happening in that school.” He said with such assurance that made Natalie speechless. “I know that you’re seeing a guy called Trevor. He is your school President.”
“How did you… we broke up … it was nothing I swear.”
“Nothing ey? And you spent time with him at the hospital when he was sick?”
Natalie gulped, she was lost.
“I really thank your friend for telling me… your friend wants us to be together but, you don’t!”
Natalie could not miss something from Simon’s claims. She had to address it quickly before he went on, further confusing her. “Simon, please? Okay, this friend, I did tell her a little about us because, I love you and I talk about you a lot but, the stuff about Trevor, she must have been making up. Amh, please give me her name.”
“It’s not her babe, it’s him and as it appears, you have had many boyfriends in Hamerton.”
“Him?” Natalie repeated with disgust. She never recalled to talk to anyone in Hamerton about her life in New York, especially to a boy.
“Yes. Steven Dairy or, tell me that you don’t know him.”
Natalie furrowed her eyebrows. Steven? HOW? WHY? LIKE SERIOUSLY? She pondered inwardly. But, he’s on our side. Me, Trevor, Erin… for Christ’s sake he’s dating Ingrid, Trevor’s cousin and the apple of his eye. Why would Steve want to ruin me and Trevor’s relationship?
“Silent ha?” Simon went on, irritating Natalie. She did not like him, she never liked him. She was only with him because she was bored with the boys of her own class.
“Simon, I know you, I know where you stay and most of your friends, why on earth did you decide to attack me and steal my watch from me without even a mask if you know that, I can obviously report you.”
“Can you guess why?”
She narrowed her eyes. The answer came to mind and she gulped. “Simon, Simon please… you can’t kill me. My mom, I’m all that she has. Please?” she begged.
“Oh but, she’s gonna have another baby.” He reckoned, irritatingly. He drew her from the wall and pushed her on the floor.
Natalie shrieked but, Simon still had his gun pointed at her. In that narrow opportunity, Natalie noticed something, only her old boyfriend was armed. His friends just roamed about, hands free. If only she could access that riffle or kick it away from him…
“Shut up or, I’ll kill you now.” He said coming low. “Hold her boys!” he commanded.
Natalie’s eyes enlarged, she was not prepared for this.
She tried to cry but, one of the gang already came down covering her mouth. The other held her hands while, Simon knelt down unzipping his trouser.
Natalie struggled, trying to shake herself free. She could not believe what was actually following.
Simon laughed at her wretchedness like a hyena and put his gun away.
This is my chance. Natalie, it’s either now or never… she thought and with her free legs, gave a kick at Simon’s balls.
While the others were still estranged, she raised her head up hardly and hit one of the boys who was also holding her hand. Now, only the other hand was held down but, the rest of her limbs were free.
She pulled some strength to punch the other guy and jumped on her feet. Simon already fetched his gun, rising. But, with his torchlight misplaced, Natalie bet that he could miss an aim.
He fired his gun, but, Natalie was shielded by one of Simon’s boys who wanted to hit her.
Natalie gasped once, seeing the boy slithering against her body to the ground. She did not catch a glance at Simon but, she heard the other boys panicking when their fellow member dropped down.
No time. Natalie thought, engaging her escape out of the alley. She was running where her legs could take her and she heard the gang coming behind her.
Please. Please. Please. God? She cried, praying that any of the bullets that flew in the air could not get her.
Suddenly, a great light appeared from a corner in the road. Natalie was stranded at first, then realized later that, it was actually a car.
“GOD!” she cried, the car was coming too first and she had no hope to evade it within the few feet that they were apart.
Some yards from her, Simon and his friends turned around, cursing.

Natalie shut her eyes covering her face awaiting the probable fatal impact. It was over, the car would hit her and she would die.

what happened next? stay tuned to find out...
© All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment