Sunday, September 27, 2015

Chapter 14- episode 12

              HAMERTON

Hallow new readers & Happy Sunday to you all!
This is a story about Hamerton, a large school that has a lot of things going on, most of them being illegal and terrorizing. Natalie Bradley, an intelligent and talented girl from Brooklyn joins this school after her friend Caitlin who was allegedly murdered in Hamerton. She is agonized by the news of her friend's tragic death and she has to face up with Hamerton's bloody governance in order to secure the President's badge that has the power to decode a bomb that could cause a large massacre, soon.
She teams up with Trevor Tommy, the ex and most renowned president of Hamerton, Ingrid, and other Class D students against Nicky and her fellow evil seniors.

Previously on Hamerton;
Five years back;
A middle aged man stood in front of a sick bed in a large hospital ward. He had been standing there a while watching a boy that lay on the bed. The only sound in the room was the ECG machine and a soft tune that played from a MP3 player in the man’s coat pocket. At a point, the music paused.
As he waited, a younger man walked in. He was tall with ebony hair jellied back to suit his looking. He wore a black T-shirt and black trousers that also matched with his boots. He strolled slowly to the man.
“Why did you do this?” The older man asked before the younger man even greeted. “Kenneth. Why?” he added in agony.
Kenneth smirked and continued with what brought him without minding his father’s question. Trevor was the boy laying on the sickbed, dying. “You know obviously that my own DNA does not exactly match with Trevor’s. We have different mothers.” He informed. “But, there’s a girl I know. I did my investigations. Somehow, her kidney is apt for transplant to Trevor.”
Father turned to him with a queer look on his face. “How is that possible? I have no other child than you three.”
“I can’t explain myself. But, the doctor also said that, it can be possible. She can donate the kidney to Trevor if, she wanted to. We cannot guarantee her willingness.”
Mr. Tommy looked away and back at his son. “What if we offer her money?”
“No. Her family is very rich. Father, I’m sorry that I’m mentioning this but, if you want your son back. I don’t. You,”
“You don’t have to remind me that.” He interrupted him. “Tell me what I have to do. I can’t lose my Trevor.”
“No. You can’t. Anyway, my ways may be brutal but, it’s your best chance of recovering your son.”
Mr. Tommy raised an eyebrow. “What? Are you suggesting… that? Kenneth?”
Kenneth sighed with impatience. “Yes, I’m suggesting a way to bankrupt her family and so they get into the need of money and allow their girl to give up her kidney for Trevor.”
“Does it have to come to that? What if we beg them? Despite that, everyone has a price. Even me. Who are they anyway? The family.”
“Oh, trust me, you don wanna know.”
“I do. Spit it out, now.”
“Trevor’s mom’s rivals. Stewart.”
“Dairy Stewart? The chairman of EC party?”
“Exactly.”
“That’s right. They will never help us, even if we gave them all the money in the world. My Monica can’t help either, since she’s lost her mind. She has a kind speech if she was mentally well she could have talked them into donating their girl’s kidney to our son.”
“What a pity.” Kenneth contributed sarcastically.
Dad frowned. “You caused all these. Doesn't your conscious disturb you? What did Trevor ever do to you?”
“You should be thankful that I got him an organ donor.” Kenneth replied.
Father turned back to the bed. He was grieving inside for the cruelty of his first son that got his second son there. He did not understand why, he did not understand where he failed as a father. He turned back to Kenneth. “Kenneth, once your brother is all alright, can you please forgive whatever he did to you? Can you mend your relationship with him and… even if you don’t love him as a brother, just don’t mistreat him.” He paused. “I can give you anything, anything that you want. Go anywhere. You can live in whatever country you like, you can go on a world tour. I want peace. I want the good of Trevor.”
Kenneth chuckled grinning devilishly. “Just tell me if we can take care of that family.”
Father sighed. He knew that he did not get into him. He could never get into him. “Let me take care of that. I don’t trust you that much.”
“Trevor’s gonna die.”
“Not yet. He can settle with weekly dialysis for a few months while I, specifically I, find a way to engage with the Stewarts to be part of our family.”
“Not gonna happen.”
“Why not?”
“First of all, the boy doesn't have a few months, secondly, how will you be able to talk to that family?”
“I’ll just try to be more like Monica.”
Kenneth laughed.
“I am going to do it.” Father added.
“And Trevor’s life expectancy? What are you going to do about that?”
“He can do with dialysis, I have already talked to the doctor.”
“Whatever you say I guess.”
Father took some time in silence. He was quickly arranging his plans in his mind. He realized that he also needed confirmation on his target. “The Stewarts? You’re sure.”
“You can double check if you think I’m lying.”
“Just tell me how you found out.”
“That’s my secret pops.”
“Then, why did you go looking for a donor in the first place? You don’t want Trevor to die?”
“I do but then, you could disown me or something. I can’t afford that.”
“For all you did, kidnapping Monica, turning her crazy, you deserve to go to jail.”
“Pops, you need me. One way or another. Okay, maybe I was a little harsh with your second wife, Monica but, you tell me that, if I did not kidnap her, would you have escaped the corruption charges that were against you?”
At the bed, Trevor squeezed his hand into a fist. He heard his brother’s voice, the first sound after waking from an induced sleep.
Mr. Tommy did not reply and Kenneth pat his shoulder. “By getting Monica out of the way, I did us both a favor. You became a senator and now I can conduct my business smoothly across the borders. It’s only Trevor who is so far at a loss. But, when he grows up, he might understand.”
Mr. Tommy sighed deeply.
“Cheer up pops. I’m leaving the family in your hand. The steward of our home in London just called. I told him that you’re busy and so you are.”
“Is everything okay there?”
“There was a robbery or something.”
“Anything stolen?”
“Pops, that’s the definition of robbery, stealing.”
“Okay, what was stolen?”
“I want to go there personally to find out.”
Mr. Tommy stretched his palms. “Just make sure that you spend a week there or months, or even a lifetime.”
Kenneth laughed. “You will miss me.”
Trevor heard footsteps and the door was opened. Kenneth must have left. He smiled.
Mr. Tommy glanced at the bed. How much Trevor is afraid of his brother, he is gone and Trevor is smiling now. He thought.
Trevor was happy but, from another reason. His own deal to kidnap his mom was a success. He made sure to keep her wherever his brother and dad will not reach her.


Present day;
“What now?” Natalie asked as they came out of the building through the fire exit and emerged into the school back yard. “Did you get the gate-passes?”
“No.” Ingrid said, walking ahead of Natalie to a shortcut path to the girl’s dormitory.
“What? Then how are we supposed to wake Trevor?”
“We?” Ingrid called as the distance between them expanded.
Natalie had to run to her. “I don’t understand you.”
“He is already awake.”
Natalie frowned. “But, how? He needs to hear my voice or maybe if I kiss him or something. That is how he is supposed to wake up.” She paused, wondering. “Am I right?”
“Maybe that would have worked but, it’s not what me and Steven discussed.”
Now Natalie was more confused. “I don’t get it. Ingrid, he is a bad guy!” 
 “I know Natalie but, he is helping now.”
They approached the building and entered the hallway of the dorm house. It was quiet and lonely. All other students were in the school campus for questioning over the murders.
“How do you know that Trevor is up and that Steven hasn't lied to you again and killed him? Ingrid? Open your eyes. Steven is a bad person, we have to see Trevor to confirm that he is really awake and doing fine.”
Ingrid rounded her eyes and spanned around to face her. “Okay. I will tell you what happened.”
Natalie nodded. “Great because, I don’t understand.”
They talked inside an elevator that lifted them to the 13th floor of the building.
“Beginning with Trevor, Steven suggested that we should move him to London.”
“London?” Natalie repeated.
“Yes.”
“Why?”
“Because, his mom, Monica is there and, he would be okay with her.”
“Ingrid. You accepted to drag Trevor’s sick mom to the problems that your Steven created? How do you expect that the lady will take it seeing her son lay like a vegetable in front of her?”
“He is already awake, Natalie. Don’t you get it?” Ingrid snapped.
“How?” Natalie inquired, irritatingly.
“Well… he has a song he likes. Steven had his uncle play it for Trevor. That woke him.”
Natalie furrowed her eyebrows. “I didn't know of that.” She said feeling down about it. “So, have you talked to him to make sure that he is fine?”
“He can’t talk. But, he makes movements.”
“What makes you so sure?”
“I trust Steven.”
Natalie was angry. “Why?”
Because he has never lied to me. Ingrid thought of saying but, she did not.
“Ingrid. I don’t know how much your cousin means to you but, he, he is the love of my life and I will not be contented with what you’re telling me.”
Ingrid opened her mouth to retort but, she refrained. She spoke calmly instead. “Natalie. I have to trust Steven. You and I have no choice but, to do so.” The elevator opened but, neither of them walked out. “We can’t leave the school campus without gate-passes and Erin left an encrypted message that we have to retrieve.”
“Message?” Natalie asked.
Ingrid walked out first and she followed.
“What message did Erin leave?” Natalie asked.
“One concerning what we are currently holding. The President’s badge.”
Natalie folded her face with astonishment. “I don’t understand. Did she also ask that you recover the badge after she would be gone? Did she know that she was going to die?”
Ingrid emerged to her room that she shared with Erin. She halted at the doorway in front of Natalie and looked around. “Great. The police haven’t shown up here, yet.”
Natalie glanced inside the room as well. There was one bunk bed opposite the entrance with the lower bed roughly arranged. Some clothes hanged on one full-length mirror on one side of the room and the closet beside it was widely opened.
“I see your point.” Natalie agreed.
Ingrid walked further into the room and stopped at the lower bunk bed, raising the mattress.
Ingrid took out a crumpled sheet of paper below the mattress and turned to Natalie, holding it.
“What is that?” Natalie asked.
“Her message.” Ingrid said and unfolded the paper quickly.
Natalie dashed behind her to get a glimpse of three large figures that were hand written on the large piece of paper.


1                                2                                       3



"What does that mean?" Natalie asked with puzzlement. 

stay tuned to find out.....
©All rights reserved
kindly don't forget to drop your comments on the story Hamerton, wherever on the net with the hashtag #creativewritingHamerton . 
Ahsante, Thank you, Merci, Tack, Dank, ....

No comments:

Post a Comment