Thursday, September 10, 2015

Chapter 13


                                     HAMERTON


For new readers; Natalie joins Hamerton, a large school that has a lot of things going on, most of it being illegal and terrorizing. She is agonized by the news of her friend's tragic death and she has to face up with the Hamerton's bloody governance in order to secure the President's badge that has the power to decode a bomb that could cause a large massacre. She teams up with Trevor, the ex and most renowned president of Hamerton and Class D students against Nicky and her fellow evil seniors.

Previously on Hamerton;

2 Years Back.
Caitlin slowly lifted her eyelids. She could only see dimly at first. She closed them again hoping to see better images but then she felt her head aching badly. She squinted her eyes, groaning with pain. As time progressed she recalled what had happened. Some students were about to board the bus and then there was a large noise. Like that of an explosion. And she hit her head badly.
She reopened her eyes. She could see better but with a lot of difficulty. She was in a large room with more other students who were wounded from the attack. A few nurses strolled from one bed to another to check up on the awake patients. She noticed a TV screen high on the wall a few meters from where she laying. It was on at a low volume and Cheryl was reporting; “Only five students were killed in the bombing including; Arnold Fredric, Bradford James, Cameron Lid, Raymond Big and Michael Reece…”
Caitlin closed her eyes, the pain now progressed to the rest parts of her body. She felt warmth on her shoulder and opened her eyes. “Erin?” she whispered.
“Shh.” Erin hushed her. She bent forward toward Caitlin and said. “They are looking for you.”
“What?” Caitlin asked with a struggle.
“You ruined the deal.” Erin said.
“What are you talking about?” Caitlin inquired with tears of agony rolling down her cheeks.
“Caitlin, you have to run. You and your brother.”
“What are you saying Erin?” she swallowed, tasting blood in her mouth. She must have also had an internal bleeding. “Are you okay?” she added staring lazily at her.
“Listen to me. The mission was to drop the bomb on the stairs, not the bus.” She paused, Caitlin’s eyes were widening with every word that came out of Erin’s mouth. Erin went on, “it was to kill the hundreds of students, as well as stuff that were using the stairs at that time. But, you picked it up.”
“The, the Calculator?”
“When you picked it up, some guys took it. I know those boys. Or… at least I knew them. Ray Big and Michael Reece, they were the school bullies. They were not involved in the deal but, they saved a lot of lives sacrificing their own without knowing. That bomb could have brought down the whole Chief Building.” She paused, stretched her hand and grasped Caitlin’s palm. Caitlin hesitated for a moment and then gave in. Erin helped her sit up stuffing the pillows behind Caitlin’s back.
“I’m scared Erin. I want to go home.”
“You have to.” Erin agreed. “Now. Your life is in danger.” She turned around and Caitlin watched her pull a wheelchair that she came with.
“Why don’t you tell the teachers?” Caitlin asked.
“No. I can’t. I could get killed.”
“You can just pretend that you’re taking books and slip a note to our principle Mr. Archibald.”
“This is a very big organization Caitlin. They are all terrorists. Even Mr. Archibald. He was the one who organized all this. We can’t say anything right now. We can only save your life.” Erin said keeping her voice stiff. She held Caitlin to help her on the wheelchair.
“What about my young brother?”
“Let’s worry about you first.”
“He is my brother, Erin.”
The room doorknob tilted and the principal walked in. Erin lowered her head.
He walked straight to them as they were the only ones close to the entrance. “Where are you taking the patient?” he greeted but, calmly.
“To the washroom sir.” Erin replied still looking down.
“Okay.” He said and passed to another bed.
Erin pushed Caitlin out of the room and they emerged into a corridor. The school hospital wing was in the first floor of the building and that made it easy for them to get outside. They left the wheelchair at the entrance and Erin helped Caitlin down the stairs to the yard below them. They walked behind the oaks in fear of the night shift guards.
“My brother Erin.” Caitlin cried.
Erin searched for something in her dress pocket. When she revealed it, was a calculator. “Don’t worry, it’s not a bomb.” She assured pressing some buttons.
Suddenly all the school lights went out. Caitlin looked around, perplexed.
Erin retrieved the calculator in her pocket and took out a handset. She pressed some buttons and dialed. “I have the boy. Bring the girl.” A voice called first. Erin hang up and turned to Caitlin. “We have only 60 seconds to get out of the school before the lights come back.”
“My brother.” Caitlin repeated.
“He’s safe outside.”
She helped Caitlin through the open field, hiding from some guards who were complaining about the blackout that had subsided for a while already.
Outside, Caitlin saw her brother in a car and Mr. Dickson behind the wheels.
“Sister!” Ralph cried. Caitlin joined him in the back seat and painfully hugged him.
Erin closed the door for them and Caitlin turned to her. “You?”
“I have to remain behind. Bye!”
“What about you?” Caitlin cried hands on the window.
Erin drew far from the car. She waved at Mr. Dickson who waved back and accelerated the car away.


Present Day.
“Dr. Harrison?” The clinic officer called Kenneth when he became too silent.
Kenneth turned to him. They were still in the insane man’s ward and Kenneth had crouched behind him.
He rose. “Can I be alone with the patient, doctor?”
The officer raised his eyebrows. “I don’t think that, that is a good idea doctor. Although the Jane-Doe has not shown any symptoms of being hostile, he still cannot be trusted.”
“It is necessary Dr. Maccelester. So that I can deduce my diagnosis, I will need…” he paused, searching for the words. “Yes, to approach his subconscious in serenity.”
The officer grimaced but, agreed in the end.
After Kenneth was alone with the man, he crouched again behind him. “What happened?”
“6 am.” The man replied.
Kenneth rounded his eyes. “Don’t give me that, Dickson Fill. I know about SOHOT.”
The man was scraping the sponge walls. He paused.
“Remember me? Kenneth Tommy. I brought my little brother at your school five years ago.” He introduced. “Well, if we also met in different circumstances, I will be your boss in the TRIPLE S. but, I’m retired and, I want to help.”
The man was still still. He only gulped with his Adam’s apple rising and falling.
“So, how are you involved with the SOHOT and what are they planning against Hamerton?”
“6 am.” The man, preferably Mr. Dickson, replied.
“I’m on your side man.” Kenneth complained. “You don’t have to pretend.”
Mr. Dickson kept silence.
Kenneth frowned. He slid his arm inside his coat pocket and took out a gun. “You want me to use the hard way, right?”
Mr. Dickson turned to him popping out his eyes in terror.
“I will not hurt you unless you tell me what is your connection with SOHOT and what they are planning against Hamerton.
Mr. Dickson pulled a frown. “You can’t.” he said.
Kenneth narrowed his eyes. “So, you can talk.”
“You can’t harm me here! No one can!” Mr. Dickson claimed, dis-minding Kenneth’ realization.
“You’ll be a fool if you think that I can’t. I have my connections and trust me, I will not be charged for anything.”
Mr. Dickson gulped.
“I want to help.” Kenneth said. “If you have anything that you can tell me about SOHOT you better do.”
Mr. Dickson turned away. “I can’t trust you.”
Kenneth frowned. “Why not?”
“You just told me yourself that you’re an x from the TRIPLE S.”
“So?”
“There are no Ex’es.”
“Whatever. My two brothers are in Hamerton and I want to save them.”
Mr. Dickson was silent.
Kenneth sighed, expressing the rarest side of himself, need. “Mr. Dickson, I need you to help me rescue Hamerton. If you care for it in the least, you will cooperate.”
Mr. Dickson spanned around to him. “I can’t!”
“Why not? Many people will die.”
“It’s not that I won’t do it, it’s just that… it is impossible.”
Kenneth furrowed his eyebrows. “Why?”
“No one can help Hamerton. No one!” he cried with grief. “They are very bad people. They are planning a very large blast that will kill everyone in Hamerton.” he cried. “Not only the school but, also the neighboring regions.”

Kenneth’ mouth dropped open with the revelation. He was not aware of that.


what happened next? stay tuned to know... #Hamerton
©All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment