Saturday, September 5, 2015

Chapter 13

                   HAMERTON

 For new readers; Natalie joins Hamerton, a large school that has a lot of things going on, most of it being illegal and terrorizing. She is agonized by the news of her friend's tragic death and she has to face up with the Hamerton's bloody governance in order to secure the President's badge that has the power to decode a bomb that could cause a large massacre. she teams up with Trevor, the ex and most renowned president of Hamerton and Class D students against Nicky and her fellow evil seniors.

Where it ended last time, Trevor, Ingrid and Erin discuss the fate of Hamerton with Natalie's absence in school. Madam Sue, the school director shows up and turns out to be on their side. 

Continue;



The school theater slowly became filled with students, teachers and staff members. They took their positions on the audience seats. It was a day on which the candidates were interviewed and they had to declare their policies before the first debate to take place the following week.
The candidates were questioned by a media personnel (Cheryl) and three representative students including the former president of Hamerton, (Trevor Tommy).
Michael, an Irish and Welsh descendant, tucked his coat sitting opposite Cheryl and the questioners. Tobias, a black English person sat next to Morningstar, fidgeting. He was persuaded by his friends to take the form to run for President, he was not prepared for whatever the quest entailed.
Cheryl begun the interview, turning to the audience. She had a small microphone like the rest of other guests, tied to her shirt and when she greeted, her voice was audible in the whole theater. “Thank you all for coming. Today, we will be launching the first interview bringing together our candidates who have taken forms to become President of Hamerton.” she begun and paused, offering a bright smile. “I am your host, Cheryl Seven. And our guests tonight are Michael Morningstar and Tobias Martin. They are the candidates. We also have Ingrid Neilands and Erin Ford, the former MPs of Hamerton and our very own, Trevor Tommy.” The crowd broke into applaud at Trevor’s name. Cheryl paused, waiting for them to quiet down then turned to the candidates.

 Far from the crowd and at the entrance of the theater, Nicole stood together with Steven.
“I don’t get it.” Nicky broke silence after Cheryl’s introduction. “What are they doing there? Did you have them there?”
“No. no.” Steven denied. “I don’t get it either.”
“They will ruin our candidate. I don’t trust Trevor.”
“And I think that I should leave you. If Trevor or the others see us together, they will not trust me again.”
“No.” she objected grasping his hand. “I want you to stay by my side.”
He grimaced feeling amazed at her. “Nicky, what is your intention?”
“I hate Ingrid.” She said not taking her gaze off her at the stage.
After asking Morningstar a question, Ingrid glanced at the audience. She was looking for Steven and by chance she saw Nicky with him.
Their gaze met.
“I think that all you have is jealousy.” Steven said pulling his hand free from Nicky’s clutch.
Back at the stage, Ingrid glanced away.
“I am not jealous of her!” Nicky growled at him.
“Of course you are. You are jealous of everyone who has come closer to Trevor than yourself.” He claimed.
Nicky frowned, wrinkling her face with temper. “You have no idea of what you are talking about.”
“I know.” He said and stretched his palms in the air. “And stay away from me.” He said and walked out on her.
“Aargh!” Nicky gritted her teeth and stomped out.


“My question is for Morningstar.” Erin said once she was given the floor.
Morningstar smiled knowing that she would go easy on him. After all, they did serve the organization together.
“What makes you think that you will be better than our last president? And what new thinking will you bring to the government?”
Michael cleared his throat, preparing to answer the question. He found it very hard but, he had to try. “Thank you Erin for the question. Amh, well, I must say that for the short time that you served as my deputy minister  you were great and ah…well… if I become President, you will get a promotion-” He begun before Erin cut him short. “Answer the question, Michael.”
“Of course.” He agreed and wiped off dribbles of sweat that already begun showering his forehead. “Amh. I, I believe that I am better than the former president because I’m more… well, I care for the students and I am more intelligent.”
“Let me get this straight.” Erin said, feeling misunderstood. “With your care and ‘more intelligence’ what will you do different from the former President, Trevor Tommy.”
Michael was cornered. He knew that Trevor was the best. He spared no effort to help the Hamertonians. Trevor did everything by example, Michael had nothing extra.
“Michael!” Erin snapped.
“We… well. I shall make sure that the students are calmed since, I have a greater influence on them.” He replied.
“I believe that, you know the nature of Hamerton students.” Trevor intervened. “They are very demanding and troublesome-”
“My oh my Trevor Tommy.” Michael said taking advantage of a loose end. “You are insulting our people.”
With that, he rose and begun walking majestically on the stage, facing the students.
The girls looked at Trevor reproachfully and he only said that it was true.
“Hamertonians, are you demanding?” Michael asked waving his hands in the air.
“NOOOO!” The theater echoed.
Michael smirked. “Are you troublesome?”
“NOOOO!” They roared.
Michael laughed, nodding. “But, Trevor thinks that you are. And you know what I think?”
“YEEEEES?” They asked.
“I think that the former government was not able to meet your demands which I guarantee you will enjoy in my reign.”
The audience broke into a loud applaud and Trevor looked down feeling defeated.
They were done for.

what happened next? stay tuned to find out #Hamerton
©All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment