Wednesday, September 16, 2015

                                  HAMERTON


For new readers; Natalie joins Hamerton, a large school that has a lot of things going on, most of it being illegal and terrorizing. She is agonized by the news of her friend's tragic death and she has to face up with the Hamerton's bloody governance in order to secure the President's badge that has the power to decode a bomb that could cause a large massacre. She teams up with Trevor, the ex and most renowned president of Hamerton and Class D students against Nicky and her fellow evil seniors.

Previously on Hamerton. Natalie is up to do something to recover Trevor's diamond watch. She walks the familiar paths to Brimstone to an apartment building and meets Mr. Pixel. She informs him of Caitlin's death and they wait as the young master of the building. 

Natalie turned around to face Ivan. He was tall with an athletic body and short blond hair. He wore a black coat over a shirt and a Grey scarf around his neck. He also had on dark trousers and black leather shoes.
“Natalie.” He called shortly.
She offered a smile. “Ivan.”
He chuckled a little. He was happy to see his old friend again. “What brings you here?” he asked, smiling.
“You.”
He nodded. “I can imagine.” He waved his hand toward the large building entrance. “Come in, please.”
“Thank you.” Natalie said and bid Mr. Pixel then joined Ivan into the building.
She looked around the large and busy vestibule it was just like the chief building’s lobby back in Hamerton.
“I see that nothing’s changed.” She said to Ivan, walking alongside with him.
“No.” he agreed. “There weren't any major reformations.”
She remained silent.
He led her to an elevator across the hall in which they boarded with a handful of staff wearing orange uniforms.
“Is there any electrical problem upstairs?” Ivan asked one of the men.
“Yes.” The man replied and checked a small notepad that he was holding. “Level 15.” He added.
Ivan nodded.
The elevator paused at the fifteenth level of the building and the electricians left Ivan and Natalie to continue their journey to the twentieth floor.
Ivan exited first, emerging into another hallway with white paneled walls and glass doors to various rooms in the floor.
The hallway was quiet and Natalie only saw one person, a staff as she assumed, carrying some files from a desk at one end of the hallway and heading to the elevator.
The staff greeted them and resumed with her journey.
“Where are your parents?” she asked when they paused at a door and he was opening it.
“Dad is in his office. Mom went to Spain for a business convection.”
He opened it.
“Oh. I miss them.”
He walked in to a large sophisticated living room. It was colored in black and white.
There were white sofa sets surrounding a glass coffee table. A black carpet was covered the floor while a crystal chandelier hanged on the roof of the room.
Ivan walked to a bar counter at one end of the room and took two glasses from a glass cupboard. “What can I serve you?”
“Maybe water.”
“Alright.” He agreed and went to a fridge beside the cupboard. He took a jug of water and his own bottle of wine.
He poured the drinks. “Maybe before you leave, you can visit my dad in his office.” He walked to her and gave her her drink.
“Thank you.” she said.
“Where are my manners? Please, have a seat Natalie.” He said realizing that she was still standing.
She thanked again and they sat opposite each other.
He sipped his drink. “I haven’t asked, how is Caitlin? I never heard from her after she left Brimstone.”
Natalie sighed and relinquished her glass on the coffee table. “Ivan, a lot has happened since Caitlin’s mother died. That’s why I am here. I need your help.”
He studied her face for a few seconds with his inquisitive gaze. “Tell me.”
She took in a deep breath to break the news. “Caitlin… She died.”
“What!” he exclaimed with unbelief.
Natalie swallowed. “Yes. About a year ago in a school that she shifted to.” She added in agony. “There was a bomb explosion and Ivan, it claimed her life.”
Ivan rose, relinquishing his glass on the carpet. “Oh my God.” He cried, rubbing his head with his hands.
Natalie could now fathom how much he loved Caitlin.
Ivan was the only boyfriend that Caitlin had in her life in Brimstone. When her mother died, she disconnected herself from him and Brimstone completely. Moving to England cut the ties utterly. Ivan felt mistreated and though he tried to understand her. He could not.
He became close friends with Natalie who went on going to Brimstone until she shifted too, to study in England.
“Caitlin…” he cried. “But, how? Why?”
Natalie could not help but release tears herself. “That’s what I asked when they told me. But, we have a problem in our school Ivan. And now, I need you to help me. Please?”
“I don’t want to accept it Natalie. I will go to England. I don’t want to accept that she’s gone.” He said, pacing in front of the couch.
She rose too. “Ivan, I do not want to accept that either.” She said and looked away. “Recently, I had a dream and I saw her.” She drooped back on the seat. “She told me that she was tortured. She warned me not to go back to Hamerton.” she paused, crying.
Ivan glanced at her and drew a deep sigh. He joined her on the love seat.
“Tell me what happened to her. Please?” He asked. “Tell me about the school. Please tell me everything.”
She sniffed once and he offered her a handkerchief. Thereafter beginning from when Ingrid informed her of Caitlin’s death, Natalie told Ivan everything about Hamerton.
He was puzzled and intrigued by the whole story. When she concluded, he had a lot of questions. “I don’t understand.” He confessed. “How could anyone plan anything as cruel as that?”
“I don’t understand either. It’s so inhumane.”
“And you believe everything that your friends told you?”
“It sounds insane but, it’s true.”
“But, if it is as you say then why don’t you tell the police or any one?” he asked.
“None of them can be trusted.”
“No. Who told you that?”                                                                                             “Well, if it were not true then, Ingrid or Trevor would have done that a long time ago.” She paused and recalled something. “I have seen so myself as our water was poisoned by mercury. We had to stop the risk of getting infected with hydrargyria ourselves.”
He was silent, digesting her story.
“Ivan you have to believe me. All I’m telling you is the truth.”
He seemed not entirely convinced but, he asked anyway. “So, how do you want me to help you?”
She smiled first then said. “I know that your father works for the police department of Brooklyn. I need you to help me get a lead on Simon.”
He furrowed his eyebrows. “Simon who?”
“My… boyfriend or, you can say ex-boyfriend because we are not seeing each other anymore.”
“It was about time.” He said with gladness.
She frowned. “Why are you happy for that?”
“Natalie, the guy is a thief and a gangster. He has a pile of files in my father’s office.”
“Oh…I realized that late enough.” She said looking down.
He took her hand trying to cheer her up. “So, why should I track down Simon Stone?”
She glanced at him. “He stole my watch. Trevor’s diamond watch which is also a key to unlock the bomb that is going to explode in our school.”
He was silent, staring bluntly at her.
She frowned. “What is the problem?”
He took away his hand that he held her. “It’s just that everything that you say seems so unreal. I mean, a bomb, in school. And y’all won’t tell anyone.”
She opened her mouth to answer him but, her phone buzzed in her coat pocket. “Excuse me.” She said and picked it up, rising.
“Hallow?” she greeted.
“Oh hi?” Erin’s voice came so charmingly.
Natalie furrowed her eyebrows. She thought that she recognized Trevor’s number before picking it up. “Erin. What’s up?”
“No dear. Let’s start with you, are you fine?”
Natalie grimaced at Erin’s tone and her question. She glanced at Ivan behind her and back to her front. “Yeah. I’m okay. I’m coming this-”
“It’s great to hear that you are fine dear.” Erin replied politely before her voice turned cynic. “Because, the owner of this phone is not.”
Natalie folded her face with confusion. “What? Where is Trevor?”
“The evil people took him.”
Now Natalie was mad. “What are you talking about Erin? What happened to him?”
Erin sighed, getting soft. “Nicole and Steve kidnapped him. He was unconscious or maybe in coma, I don’t know. I don’t know what exactly they are plotting but, if you don’t show up quickly, you might not hear from him again.”
At Erin’s last sentence, Natalie felt her heart shutter to pieces. She could not imagine what that betrayal Steven and the evil Nicole might have done to Trevor. She was so far… Trevor needed him.
She felt her legs weaken and wanted to hold on to something. Ivan sensed that and came behind her, taking her hand.
“Erin. Please, tell me what exactly is going on. Where is Trevor? Where have they taken him?”
“I don’t know Natalie!” Erin rasped. “And don’t tell Ingrid because she will freak out. I only informed you because you are his girlfriend and… you should expect what’s coming because,” she paused to add sentimentally. “Some thugs beat up Michael Morningstar. He is in the school clinic as we speak and in a very bad shape.”
Natalie gasped. Nothing looked good.
“Make haste to come here okay?” Erin said and hang up.
Natalie broke into a cry afterward making Ivan puzzled.
“What’s going on?” he asked.
“Those people. They hurt Trevor… and I can’t do anything.” She cried.
“Hey hey. Calm down.” He said trying to coax her. “Those people you were telling me about. They hurt your guy?”
She nodded vainly wiping her tears. “We have to do something Ivan. I have to get that watch.”
He sighed feeling sorry for her then, gave her another handkerchief from his coat pocket.
She thanked again and wiped her face with it. “I don’t know what to do… if he gets into coma he could die.”
“Don’t say that.” He warned then took her hands. “Listen, you take care of going back to Hamerton. I will take care of finding Simon.”
“You… you will do that for me?” she asked feeling a bit elated.
He nodded and she hugged him. “Thank you thank you Ivan. Oh thank you.” she said with gratitude.
“What are friends for?” he replied and she drew back.
“It’s a diamond watch.”
“Okay.”
“It has a circular head and roman numerals.”
“You will send me the details via email.”

She nodded, smiling and hugged him again. “I knew that I could count on you.”

What happened next? stay tuned to find out
©All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment