Sunday, November 8, 2015

HAMERTON Chapter 3-episode 10

HAMERTON 2
Thank you God for this opportunity.




Hamerton. A large school offering the finest Education to the students of the state and overseas. Natalie joins this school arriving from Brooklyn and she has grief over her lost friends who were murdered in Hamerton. She teams up with Ingrid and their fellow seniors against the House of Representatives to prevent a bomb blast that could cause a large massacre.

Hallo dear viewers.

Previously on Hamerton;Natalie is discharged from the clinic and shows her concern about Paula's health. The doctor tells her and St. Ann Marie girls who came to visit, that Paula is out of danger and that she will be transfered to a hospital in London. Cheryl convinces Natalie to address the Hamerton students about what happened between her and Paula.

Continue;

 Today

Natalie stood nervously at the door of Madam Sue’s office. The director called Natalie soon after she went on air with HTV, unfolding the events that happened in the conference hall with SOHOR and in the bathroom with Paula Moure.
Natalie took in a deep breath and knocked.
“Come in.” Madam sounded from inside the office and Natalie opened the door to enter.
She beheld the lady’s extravagant office, fancily furnished with mahogany. The floor was covered by a brown carpet, and there were expensive paintings on the wall
Madam Sue herself sat behind a desk, wearing a brown suit. She held a pen in her hand and fixed her gaze upon Natalie when she walked in. “How are you Natalie?”
“Doing better ma’am. Good morning?”
“Good morning. Please, have a seat.” The lady replied, waving to a pair of chairs in front of her desk.
Natalie walked forward and occupied one of the seats and then waited to hear what the madam had to say.
“Can you tell me what happened?” Madam Sue began the conversation with a question.
Natalie took in a deep breath and begun. “I was in the bathroom when Paula came to attack me. She had a pipe in her hand. She hit me twice with it. She was going to hit me again if I hadn’t defended myself.” She paused, to add with tears of regret tingling her eyes. “I had no intention of injuring her. I was hardly aware that she knocked herself to a sink. Ma’am, I didn't do anything on purpose. She was going to attack me.”
Madam Sue nodded, showing to accept her statement.
Natalie sighed with relief. “Thank you madam, thank you for believing me.”
“I do Natalie. When I first saw you, I liked you because, you reminded me of my younger self.” She said and suddenly sighed. “I could support you in the discipline meeting to keep you from expulsion but,” she paused.
Natalie furrowed her eyebrows. “But what ma’am?”
“You have to lose your seat.” The lady announced.
Natalie’s mouth dropped open with shock, gasping. “You mean… I,” she swallowed, “I can’t be President?”
Madam Sue nodded.
“But, why?” Natalie asked, frowning. “I didn't do anything. Paula hit me, she was going to kill me. Was I supposed to die?”
“Calm down Natalie.”
Natalie sighed. “I am sorry. I just, I just don’t understand why I have to lose my seat. I can be President. I have to be President.” She cried.
“Natalie it’s the French girls’ statement against yours and all of Hamerton knows that you were unsatisfied with the judgment that the SOHOR gave Paula. It is in the school paper.”
Natalie was silent. She now recalled her speech in the private meeting with the SOHOR. Sylvester. The name came to her mind. She believed that he was the one who leaked their agenda to the press to taint her governance. He was so upset when she broke the allegiance.
Madam Sue shook her head in dismay. “So, it is true.” She concluded.
“No ma’am. I can explain. I broke off with SOHOR for the better of Hamerton.”
“Natalie, that allegiance is 23 years old. Hamerton has benefited so much from it. Whatever your reasons, you had no right to break the engagement.”
“Madam Sue, you don’t understand.” She cried. “I didn't have any selfish reasons when I broke off with SOHOR.” She said, assuming that by ‘reasons’, the lady referred to Paula. “I know how well the allegiance has served Hamerton and how the school’s name has grown because of it. But, I thought that, Hamerton needs a new allegiance, which our school can be supreme leader. I already planned to make communications with schools in America,” she paused, trying to come up with convincing arguments. “New York!” She exclaimed. “Yes, everybody dreams of going to New York.”
“Natalie, didn't you think of adding your ‘New York’ schools to our mother allegiance?”
“No. I want that to be in a separate or rather new allegiance.”
Madam Sue shook her head, seemingly unconvinced. “Even so, Natalie. CCTV cameras caught you and another guy, kissing in the leaders’ quarters.”
Natalie frowned. “I haven’t been kissing anyone in the leaders’ quarters.”
“Trevor, perhaps?”
Natalie was silent, recalling the time when Trevor came to see her in the leaders’ quarters.
“Natalie. You are the top leader of Hamerton. You ought to know better than to give a bad example. You know the rules. The leaders’ quarters are the first place to be honored in all of Hamerton. I mean, you are not allowed to kiss anywhere but, since we can’t control students, at least, we want you to respect those quarters.”
Natalie looked down, feeling embarrassed.
“Natalie. I can’t fight for you any longer. Perhaps, you can run for President in the next elections. If the students still accept you, then, you can have your seat back.”
Natalie looked at her. “Madam, please?” she begged. She did not want to lose the badge. It was the only thing that could save Hamerton.
“No, Natalie. I am sorry.”
Natalie sighed, releasing tears.
“Give me your green card. You will give up your badge to Mr. Archibald in front of all Hamerton students when you to tell them why you are resigning.”
“Please?” Natalie asked again.
Madam Sue extended her hand in response.
Reluctantly, Natalie felt her coat pocket for her President’s mandate card. She gave it to the lady, sighing.
“I am so sorry Natalie.” The lady said sincerely. “But, take it from me that, if you resign, the students will find you accountable. They could elect you again as the next President.”
Natalie was silent.
“Thank you. You may leave now.” The lady said.
Natalie rose. “Thanks’ ma’am. You have done a lot for me.”
“I believe in you.”
Natalie smiled and walked out.
Outside the lady’s office, Natalie met Ivan and Ingrid anxiously waiting for her.
She broke into a cry and immediately fell in Ingrid’s arms. “It’s over Ingrid, we lost.” She sobbed.
Ingrid rubbed her friend’s back, widening her eyes in terror. She could not believe what Natalie just told her.


What happened next? Stay tuned to find out!


©All rights reserved
kindly don't forget to drop your comments on the story Hamerton, wherever on the net with the hashtag #creativewritingHamerton .

Ahsante, Thank you, Merci, Tack, Dank, Obrigado, Salamat, Spasibo, Grazie, Gracias...

No comments:

Post a Comment