Friday, November 27, 2015

HAMERTON Chapter 4 Special episode

HAMERTON 2
Thank you God for this opportunity.


Hamerton. A large school offering the finest Education to the students of the state and overseas. Natalie joins this school arriving from Brooklyn and she has grief over her lost friends who were murdered in Hamerton. She teams up with Ingrid and their fellow seniors against the House of Representatives to prevent a bomb blast that could cause a large massacre.
Hallow viewers!




 Many years back
Mr. Tommy walked into the girls’ room unnoticed.
The girls were busy doing their homework, seated behind a desk at the end of the room, opposite a pink canopy bed.
An older boy helped them, guiding the eldest of the two girls, to draw a circle with a protractor.
Mr. Tommy watched them and smiled. The three got along together like true siblings. He wished that, his own children would engage like them.
At the thought of that, Trevor sounded calling in the lobby. “Mommy, mommy, Kenneth doesn't want to give back my tie.”

Just then, the boy in the room turned to the door. “Mr. Tommy.” He reckoned, rising.
Mr. Tommy raised his hand. “It’s okay, Corny. Sit down.”
“Good evening sir?” the girl beside Corny Howls greeted.
“Good evening Nicole.”
“Good evening Mr. Tommy?” The last girl at the desk greeted.
“Good evening, Ingrid.” Mr. Tommy replied and walked into the room, pushing the door closed behind himself.
“Welcome, sir. How can we help you?” Corny said, trying to be of service.
“Thank you, Corny. It is nice of you that you are already helping your sisters with their work.” He said and paused to change the subject. “But, I will need your help with one thing.”
“Sure sir.” Nicole agreed on behalf of all.
Corny rose and gave up his seat to Mr. Tommy, then fetched his own stool from one end of the bedroom.
“Yes sir?” he asked after sitting.
Mr. Tommy took a moment. He seemed uneasy. It was as if there was a heavy burden he was carrying in his shoulders.
“The training that you guys are taking, do you know what it's for?” Mr. Tommy asked, opening a conversation.
“Self-defense?” Ingrid suggested, wondering if that was the right explanation.
“Security.” Nicole said.
“Protecting you, sir?” Corny asked.
Mr. Tommy smiled at him. “You’re almost right Corny. And I like you for your sharp mind.” He turned to the rest. “The training you’re having is for protecting somebody. But, not me, Corny,” he said glancing at Corny Howls. “My youngest son, Trevor.”
The girls looked at each other. Corny was silent, thinking.
“I want you three, as lifelong guards and protectors of Trevor.” Mr. Tommy added. “As the training goes on, you will receive instructions which you have to follow. You will realize then that, each of you will take different paths but, always around my son. I want you to make sure that, my son is safe in my presence or absence just as I had protected you when your parents were killed.”
Nicole sighed deeply and nodded.
Corny nodded as well.
Ingrid asked. “I don’t understand sir. Please don’t mind me asking but, why Trevor?”
Mr. Tommy looked at her. “Him because of his brother and more importantly because of his descent.” He paused to check their expressions and they were all seemingly lost. He went on. “I was not always rich until, I met a woman who had a streak for politics. Trevor’s mother. Her family was always against our marriage, especially because, I already had Kenneth with my first wife, Eloise.
“When me and Monica married, we moved in to this house.” He said, looking around the room. “Of course back then, it was not as big.” He added when, he noticed that they were exaggerating. “Monica motivated me to start the Tommy enterprises. I supported her in her campaigns and she supported me in my businesses. As we grew richer, we also grew enemies.
“However, real trouble begun when Trevor was born. As it is to the knowledge of few, my son Trevor is the sole heir of an authority that is currently led by my wife, Monica. The authority entitles him to a very large amount of wealth.” He paused and the girls’ eyes widened with shock. Corny was cool. 
“Now, Monica’s family is battling to harm Trevor. They threatened before and they will be a threat for the rest of my son’s life. I think that, my son’s life is more important than the whole world put together.” Mr. Tommy said and Corny nodded. “So, it is your job from now on, to keep my son safe. I know that, they will hunt him everywhere, in school, at home, wherever. But, for as long as you are alive, I want you to protect him.”
The girls took in deep breaths and nodded.
“Mr. Tommy, thank you first for trusting us.” Corny said on behalf of all. “I swear to make sure that, nothing bad happens to Trevor. Not only because, you asked and you have been so good to us, but, also because, Trevor has taken a big part in my heart.” he said earnestly and chuckled, adding. “He’s like a spoiled little brother.”
Mr. Tommy agreed. “You are right. My son is a bit spoiled.” He sighed. “I just wish that, one day, he will take after you and not be like his rude brother.”
“I love Trevor too.” Nicole confessed. “Like a brother, I mean.”
Ingrid grinned at her. She turned to Mr. Tommy. “Well, sir. Like Howls, I will do whatever it takes to keep Trevor safe.”
“Thank you, Ingrid.”
“Me too, sir.” Nicole said.
“Thank you, Nicole.” Mr. Tommy said and turning to the rest, rose saying. “You will receive instructions on what you must do. Since, we don’t want anyone to know your part in my son’s life, you will find yourselves taking paths you never expected. But, don’t worry. In time, you will find out that there are more of you. And they will join you in your tasks. For my son’s sake, I have agreed to do anything.”
They girls nodded and replied altogether. “Yes sir.”
“Yes sir.” Corny Howls agreed afterward.
Mr. Tommy thanked them again and left.

Outside he met with his twelve year old son, Trevor. “Dad, my tie. I told my mom but, she wouldn't do anything.”
“Trevor, why do you always refer to ‘your mom’? Monica is a parent to both you and your brother.” Mr. Tommy reproved him.
 “Well. She is my mom.” Trevor retorted and peeped at the loosely closed door behind his father. “Is Nicky there? I want to see her.”
Mr. Tommy paused for a few seconds. Suddenly, he smiled to himself and nodded. “Yes, she is, son. But, first, let us get you a new tie.”
“But, I like that one that my mom bought for me.”
“Indeed but, whatever that, your brother has got it from you and he won’t return to you. You can’t go to the family celebration of the workers of TE without dressing properly.”
Trevor wagged his head and nodded.
That same night, Monica, Trevor’s mother, got an accident that, took her sanity. Consequently, Mr. Tommy made the truth of her condition and whereabouts, anonymous to the public, for the rest of their lives.


Steven walked into the Parliament office, a small cozy room with some chairs and desks, facing a high seat.
He found Nicky passing through a checklist of incomers to the office.
“Found anything?” he asked.
“No.” she replied, turning to him with dismay on her face.
“I just came from Archibald’s office. He warned me that, there would be something.”
“He must have referred to Morningstar and Erin’s murder.” Nicky said and folded her face, getting upset. “If only I could find out who came to this office between yesterday night and today morning. Maybe, we could find the real killer.”
“Do you think that, he or she would have been dumb enough to sign that, he was taking a weapon from this room?”
“Everyone knows that, you can’t get through without signing at the door.”
“Is the office keeper in? Maybe he took it.”
Nicky sighed. “The office keeper was Morningstar.”
Steven was silent, realizing the context of Nicky’s answer.
“I had you wound Morningstar. Maybe, maybe I shouldn't have.”
“You didn't know that it would come to this.”
“Now, everybody will think that, Trevor did it. He is the only one who, after the dissolution of the Parliament, still has access to this office. He is not around and they will think that, he killed them.”
“Tell me, whose idea was it, to keep a gun in this office?”
Do you remember how Michael Reece died?” she replied with a question.
“In the blast that took Caitlin’s life?” Steven replied with uncertainty.
“No. The blast was used to cover up for his murder. In fact, the blast was not even intended to kill Caitlin. Michael was attacked in this very office and he could not defend himself.”
“God.” Steven whispered. “Who killed him and why?”
“We don’t know that. I joined the sect to find out or at least, to know if the person could also be a threat to Trevor.”
“How was Michael Reece related to Trevor before he died… I mean… killed?”
“He was his friend.”
Steven was silent.
I've spent the whole two years searching and nothing. If this thing has risen up again, I don’t know then what will happen.” Nicky said, worriedly.
“Well. It is a good thing that, Trevor is recuperating in the referral Hospital in London.”
Nicky furrowed her eyebrows. “Didn't you say that, you took him to your uncle’s low standard clinic?”
“I immediately got on the phone with Howls. He coordinated Trevor’s transfer to the hospital in London. Trevor spent hardly an hour in my uncle’s clinic.”
Nicky nodded. “I trust that this is under wraps.” she reckoned.
“Yes. Though, we haven’t brought it up yet, it will be known to many that, I had Trevor admitted to my uncle’s clinic.”
Nicky nodded and sighed deeply.
Steven slipped his hand in his pocket and took out a gun.
Nicky crossed her face in shock. She swallowed. “You killed, Michael and Erin?”
Steven chuckled. “No. How can you think that?” He said drawing out her fears. “This hasn't killed anyone yet but, it is supposed to kill you.”
She furrowed her eyebrows. “What?”
“Yes. Once Trevor is cleared of charges, they are going to come after you. I want Ingrid to use this on you in front of Natalie but, only in self-defense.”
She still seemed distressed. “I don’t understand. You are going to make Ingrid kill me?”
“No. All we want is for Natalie to see it and to cover the murder of Michael and Erin so that, no one will come after you.”
She took a moment, digesting his words. “Wait. That, thing…” she pointed at the gun. “Is it real?”
“Very real.”
She sighed deeply. “She will kill me.”
“No. She is a professional. Just as you are and the rest of us. I promise that, we will be in the rooms, waiting at the right moment to save your life.”
She frowned. “What? Steven, I don’t want to go through with this.” She said, waving her hands in the air and absent mindedly, walked to a desk at one point of the room.
“Nicky. You have to if you are ever going to stay alive.”
She shook her head, sighing. “Oh Steven. I am afraid. What if I really die? What if you guys are late to come and I lose my life? I want to live.”
Steven walked to her and took her hands. “Nicky. Please? Trusting me is your only option right now. Me and the rest of the crew.”
She looked at him for strength but, could not find any. “I can’t Steven. I can’t.”
“Nicky. I promise you. If anything, anything at all happens to you, I swear to you that, I will take my own life. We will rescue you. I swear to you.”
She was silent, wondering if she could trust him. “This is insane.” She said and asked. “Why is it so important for Natalie to see Ingrid…” she sighed again at the very thought. “shooting me?”
“We need a witness.”
She grimaced at him and withdrew her hands from his clutch, walking out on him. “You’re crazy.”
“Nicky. Natalie is the only person who could not tell on Ingrid.”
“What if I just disappear? There will be no need of Ingrid acting to kill me.”
“If you disappear, everyone will know that you are responsible for the deaths in Hamerton.”
She paused for a few seconds. “But, Ingrid. If she… kills me, they will believe that she killed Michael and Erin.”
“Not if the witness doesn't tell.”
Nicky was silent. She had no choice but, to agree with his reasoning.
“If you are, ‘dead’, whoever killed you will be the real murderer to the public. That culprit won’t be you or Ingrid.”
“If Natalie tells?”
“If that happens, she will have no evidence.”
She glanced at the gun in his hand. “And that?”
“Ingrid will take care of it.”
Nicky was silent.
Steven walked to her again. “You will be okay. I promise you.”
“Where will she have to shoot me?”
“On your arm.”
Nicky took in a deep breath and nodded. “At least, I have known Ingrid back in training to have a good aim.”
“I know that, this is hard for you but, it is necessary.”
“Let me guess, these are Mr. Tommy’s instructions.”
“Well. He is aware but, Bill is coordinating everything.”
“And Howls. Does he know?”
Steven nodded.
“So, the postmortem and stuff. How will they do that with me still alive?”
“The Unit will take care of that.”
“Oh. Of course.”
He looked around the room and asked. “So, are you ready?”
She took in a deep breath and nodded. “Okay. What do I have to do now?”
“There’s a blue print of the President’s badge that Erin left in her favorite bathroom in your dorm house. That is what Ingrid and Natalie will go after. I want you to run ahead of them. Break the bathroom sink and just be around till they show up. Do what you must but, give Ingrid a real reason to shoot you.”
“If anything goes wrong?”
“Good luck.” He said, unable to provide anymore hope.
Nicky sighed and thanked him.
She left the room.


Present day


What happened next? Stay tuned to find out!


©All rights reserved

kindly don't forget to drop your comments on the story Hamerton, wherever on the net with the hashtag #creativewritingHamerton .IG: @mult_talented_p

Ahsante, Thank you, Merci, Tack, Dank, Obrigado, Salamat, Spasibo, Grazie, Gracias...

No comments:

Post a Comment