Friday, November 20, 2015

HAMERTON 2 Chapter 3- Final episode

HAMERTON 2
Thank you God for this opportunity.


Hamerton. A large school offering the finest Education to the students of the state and overseas. Natalie joins this school arriving from Brooklyn and she has grief over her lost friends who were murdered in Hamerton. She teams up with Ingrid and their fellow seniors against the House of Representatives to prevent a bomb blast that could cause a large massacre.
 
Happy weekend viewers!

Previously on Hamerton; Ivan finds Ingrid alone in Natalie's office, looking for the President's badge. They both have to find Natalie, to get the badge before she gives it up to Archibald, at the emergency assembly at nine. 
Natalie bumps into Archibald who openly shows his hate toward her and humiliates her in front of the press. She has to follow him into the theater where all students are gathering to watch her resign. 

Continue into the final episode of this Chapter of Hamerton


Ivan and Ingrid searched for Natalie in vain. As the time went, Ivan realized that he did not have the opportunity to announce the emergency assembly. Thanks to HAD TV, everyone knew where to gather even before it struck 9 ‘O’ clock.
At that time, Natalie found herself standing behind the decibel without her written speech. She did not have the time to meet up with Ivan and collect the speech. She regretted to have left her office in the first place. Maybe, together, they would have come up with a plan to combat the situation.
Now, facing an audience who highly anticipated her downfall, Natalie was cornered.
She shut her eyes for some seconds, searching for words that could at least, hide her shame. Not for something that she did but, for all the things that bad people spread about her.
She remembered her mom’s words about praying and being strong and all the good things. She just hoped that they would work at that time. She then took in a deep breath and opened her eyes.
She greeted but, as she expected, there was no response.
She sighed. The spectators were so discouraging. And to think that, it was this people that elected her.
Yes! ‘People who elected her’. That would be her pick up line!
She smiled a little and took in a deep breath, bracing herself to address the students. “Early this year on February 17th, I, Natalie Bradley, monitor of the student class of the Democratic Party that is, Class D was elected by majority vote of the Hamerton students, to become the 15th President of Hamerton School in Hamerton, succeeding the 14th President, Trevor Tommy, former monitor of the Senior class of the Solidarity party that is Class S. The elections that took place at the same time, marked the first transition of the student government of Hamerton from the two decade rule of the Solidarity Party of the senior students to the Democratic party that was supported by many students of Hamerton.” she paused and there were many blunt expressions given by the audience. “I will not be bragging if I say that, these elections were the most truthful and fare. There were many celebrations in Hamerton after the Democratic Party won. Many students were tired of the almost endless regime of the Solidarity party that, was filled with class division, improper use of power and regretfully, loss of our fellow Hamerton students.”
There were nods.
“In my time, I struggled to reconcile the two major classes; the Solidarity and the Democratic. I managed to achieve this by forming a coalition government where, I chose the Vice President from the Solidarity Party, Mr. Sylvester Fish and picked Ministers from the same party as well as from other subclasses such us the Republic class, class R and Transformation class, class T. These, along with the Democratic class formed the Hamerton government that ruled in equity and peace throughout my time. And as we may have noticed,” she paused to add a little bit informally, “Nowadays, we have couples coming from different classes and Mr. and Ms. Hamerton title this year went to Brendan Bryson and Anitha Jordan, both alumni of class S and class R students of Hamerton.” she paused and there were more nods and chuckles.
She smiled a little, feeling encouraged. “Apart from that, the new government managed to bring Development to our school by authorizing formation of private institutions such as the M ‘n’ E Paper which was an idea of Miss Ingrid S Tommy, founded and supported by all the class D and S members, in memory of our students; Michael Morningstar and Erin Shawn. M ‘n’ E provides weekly news to the Hamerton community.
“We also have Hamerton All Day TV and the Junior Bakery which run smoothly as part of Hamerton institutions.
“Students of Hamerton. As you may have been well informed, the relationship between me and the Head girl of one of Hamerton’s partner schools, Paula Moure was not working perfectly. I would like to explain the event that happened yesterday night but, to do that, I first have to narrate to you correctly,” she emphasized, “how everything happened.”
The audience was silent, attentive.
“Paula Moure and I met for the first time, here in Hamerton, when I was an MP. She came as a member of the House of Representative group to be a part of the planning of the international debate competitions that later took place in Berlin, Germany.” She paused, recalling. “I was recommended to be among the speakers who represented Hamerton in the competitions in Berlin and when I arrived there, it was evident that, I was going to lead Hamerton to the finals and perhaps, win the cup for our school.” She paused and there were nods of assertions. “St. Ann Marie was our only challenge or at least, we were their biggest challenge. I believe that, Miss Moure realized that and for whatever her reasons, plotted to harm me.
“I will not get into too much details but, the efforts of Paula to take my life, caused the end of my friend and member of the House of Representatives, Ashleigh Smith.” She said as her eyes filled with tears. “Ashleigh died awfully and Paula Moure was arrested for it. After returning back home in New York, I was called to the hearing of Paula’s case in France but, I did not go. I did not want to repay Paula for the harm that, she did to me and to my friend, Ashleigh. I believe that, due to insufficient evidence, Paula Moure and her accomplice, Lucie, were released and obviously, resumed their duties as students and members of the HOR.” She paused to check the audience expressions. Most of them were frowning.
“Yesterday, we hosted the HOR in our school and had a private meeting where I did revoke the allegiance of Hamerton with SOHOR, basing on the negligence of the action of Paula to another member of the HOR and other reasons that are a matter of School security.” She said and there were gasps and murmurs. She neglected that and went on. “Yesterday night while I was in the bathroom, Paula came to attack me. She had a pipe in her hand that she was going to hit me with, claiming that, she came to finish the business that she started.
“I tried to calm her but, she was more than willing to end my life. She hit me on the stomach and on the back with the pipe and lying on the ground, the only way that I could keep myself from being killed was to kick her foot.” She sighed. “Paula fell on her back and hit the sink. As I learned later, she injured her head pretty badly.
“Students of Hamerton. I would like to make it clear that, I had no intention of getting back at Paula for the murder of my friend. If I did, then, I would have done that by appearing at the hearing of her case in France and perhaps, ensure her life sentence. If at all you were misled to believe that, I took advantage of our privacy and the absence of secret cameras in the bathrooms, to hit Paula against the sink, then,  I would like to clarify to you today that, I did no such thing. If you follow the case you will find out that, Paula had only one injury on the head while I, broke some ribs and am actually leaning on one side to reach anywhere. That means that, if, I was determined to harm her then, I would have purposely inflict as many injuries as possible on her body, something which, she was doing to me. The wound on Paula, which I regret to have been forcefully caused to cause, was an absolute accident.” She said and sighed deeply while the audience supported her statement with many nods and yes’s.
She took in a deep breath searching for her friends in the crowd. There was Ingrid at the theater entrance, crying. Ivan held her for support.
Natalie looked at the board of directors at the high table and met her gaze with Madam Sue’s. The lady seemed equally sorry.
Natalie sighed and felt her pocket where the original golden-inscribed President’s badge, was.
Yes. She was giving it up. She was reclining from the mission to save Hamerton.
Giving the speech, she already decided to go to London to see Trevor before returning to New York for good.
She took of the badge off, releasing a tear. “I will not deny that, I am a victim of circumstances. I would have loved to keep on governing Hamerton and realize my dreams for this school, Trevor’s dreams.” She said emotionally, thinking about him. “But, to clear my image and to show my integrity and absolute sincerity that I have never meant to harm anyone,” she shut her eyes exhaling. “I, Natalie Bradley the 15th President of Hamerton school in Hamerton, hereby resign from being President and step down from power with the rest of my government, to pave way for the upcoming elections for leaders, who will be true, just, kind, honest and have all the good intentions for the Hamerton Community.” She said, accompanied by many sorrowful sighs. “I am so sorry Hamerton if I ever let you down. Please, don’t hesitate to consult me about anything that you think can raise our school to the next levels. I promise that, for as long as I am here, my ever sincere aid will never fail, to you.” she concluded, releasing tears of sadness.
By this time, Archibald had already proudly walked to the platform to collect the badge. “Cut the crap Miss Bradley. We all know who you really are.” He told her.
She shook her head. “No, sir you don’t. I never meant to hurt Hamerton.”
“Just give me the badge and go already.” He urged her.
She handed him the President’s badge and stepped down the stage, walking down the aisle across the theater.
All the students rose, applauding and calling;

PRESIDENT! PRESIDENT! PRESIDENT!

Natalie was not at all comforted by their praise. She already decided never to run again.

Archibald took the mic. “Okay, okay. Stop the commotion.” He said, sparsely calming the crowd. “From now on, the government will be acted by the Discipline committee. All monitors however, are still holding their duties. You will be notified when you will have the next General election.  


What happened next? Stay tuned to find out!


©All rights reserved

kindly don't forget to drop your comments on the story Hamerton, wherever on the net with the hashtag #creativewritingHamerton .IG: @mult_talented_p

Ahsante, Thank you, Merci, Tack, Dank, Obrigado, Salamat, Spasibo, Grazie, Gracias...

No comments:

Post a Comment