Monday, November 16, 2015

HAMERTON Chapter 3- episode 12

HAMERTON 2
Thank you God for this opportunity.


Hamerton. A large school offering the finest Education to the students of the state and overseas. Natalie joins this school arriving from Brooklyn and she has grief over her lost friends who were murdered in Hamerton. She teams up with Ingrid and their fellow seniors against the House of Representatives to prevent a bomb blast that could cause a large massacre.

Hallo dear viewers.





Today
With a lot of effort, Natalie’s friends managed to calm her down in her office.
She sat on her President’s chair and Ivan left to get her coffee.
Natalie sobbed and sniffed on another handkerchief that Ivan offered her. “I can’t understand Ingrid. Why did they have to do this? Why?”
“Oh Natalie, calm down. It can all be fixed.” Ingrid coaxed her friend, reaching out for Natalie’s hands on the desk.
“But, how? It’s only a few months till we have to graduate. We still don’t know when the SOHOT are going to attack.” She sighed, deeply. “Ingrid, it’s over. I let Trevor down. I let Erin down and everyone else who trusted in me.”
Ingrid shook her head trying to disagree with Natalie.
Just then the office door opened and Ivan rushed in with a plastic mug of coffee.
He placed it on Natalie’s desk. “This should calm your nerves. I have added a few herbs I found at the counter. The barman said that they are good.”
Natalie was too desperate to even notice him.
Ingrid took the mug and extended it to Natalie. “Natty, please have this so that you can feel better.”
“No!” Natalie snapped. “I can’t take anything. I just lost our only chance of saving Hamerton.” she cried.
“Natalie, we’ll find a way.” Ivan promised her, passing over the fact that she rejected his courtesy.
 Natalie turned to him. “Thank you for trying to cheer me up Ivan.” She said insincerely. “But, my last request to you is that, you write a speech for me of announcing my resignation. Afterward, I’ll relieve you of your responsibilities.”
 “Natalie?” he called before she interrupted him.
“Please get to that, Ivan.”
Ivan sighed with disappointment and left.
“Natalie. You don’t have to be hard on him. He cares for you.” Ingrid told her.
“Ingrid. Please?” Natalie growled at her.
“No. You have to listen to me. You can’t be hard on your friends whenever you feel upset.”
Natalie frowned. “What is wrong with you?” she shouted. “Don’t you all understand what just happened?”
“Natalie?” Ingrid called her, feeling appalled by Natalie’s attitude.
Natalie rose and stretched her hands in defense. “Please. Stay away from me.” She said and started stomping out.
“Where are you going?” Ingrid asked.
Natalie did not reply, leaving and banging the door behind her.



Natalie walked briskly outside the building, evading the school reporters when she met them in the lobby. She ran to the leaders’ quarters to find the cellphone that Henry left her. She remembered that Henry mentioned that, she could use it to communicate with Trevor whenever she wanted to. Now that she was in a devastated mood, Natalie needed to talk to Trevor more than ever.
She also decided to leave school so that she could see him. Trevor had told her that, he would be in London and Natalie resolved to use all her allowance to get there.
When he got to her room, she fetched the phone in her bag. She had it in her hand and checked its system of working. There was only one button on the control pad. She sighed, thinking, seriously? Does this even work?
Deciding on trying, she pressed the button and placed the phone against her ear.
The call was immediately received.
You've reached the Tommy’s residence, who am I talking with?” A lady’s voice sounded.
Natalie took in a deep breath. “Amh… I’m a friend of Trevor Tommy. Is he there? Can I speak with him?”
“Please give me your name miss.”
“Natalie. Natalie Bradley.”
The lady paused and came again. “Okay, just wait a few seconds. I’ll see if he is close and connect you to him.”
Natalie smiled with joy. She could not wait to talk to Trevor.
“Hello, Natalie?”
Natalie crossed her face at Henry’s voice. “Henry? Where is Trevor?”
“Don’t ask that loudly.” Henry replied, warning her in a whisper. “I am in Los Angeles in place of Trevor.”
“Where is he?” Natalie asked immediately.
“In London. But, Natalie you have to be careful. Trevor’s life is in danger and so is yours. They already kidnapped one of Trevor’s close friends. He asked to stay behind to find Corny’s wife and look out for you.”
Natalie rose slowly from the bed, gasping. “What? What happened?” She asked, beginning to cry.
“Just what I just told you. Natalie, be careful. SOHOT is out there and they are very ruthless.”
Natalie drew in a deep sigh. “Everything is going bad. How can I reach him? Can you give me his number?”
“This is the only that he has. I have to impersonate him, see? And his father or anyone here can’t find out or else, I could get killed.”  
Natalie sighed again. “I understand. But, I desperately want to talk to him or even see him. Can you tell me where I can find him? In London.”
“Natalie. It is too dangerous. You have to stay in Hamerton and possibly very far away from Trevor. You could get in deep trouble and Trevor would never forgive me for endangering you.”
“But, I have to see him. It is necessary that I talk to him and inform him of what’s going on.”
Henry took a moment. “Okay. Just know this, if you find Corny Howls, you will get to Trevor. Amh, I don’t have any numbers in mind but, go to the Internet, Google Howls or something. He is a very prominent police officer working for the Interpol, you know that, right?”
“I know that he is a police officer.”
“Alright. Just go to his site, contact his office and you will get to him.”
Natalie felt discouraged. “Henry, that… will it really work?”
“It will. Natalie. That is the best that I can do for you now. But, I advise that you remain in Hamerton. I assure you that Trevor is thinking of you just as you are dying to reach him right now.”
She was silent, unconvinced.
“I am sorry Natalie, I have to go. I still have to oversee their security from here. I’m behind the radio so, I can’t stay out for long.”
Natalie swallowed and exhaled, “Okay. Thank you anyway.”
“It’s alright.” He said and hang up.
Natalie sighed and remained with the phone in her hand for a while. She was not sure what step to take after all that Henry informed her. It was all a lot to digest.
Trevor’s life was in danger, Corny’s wife was kidnapped. She had to stay in Hamerton… No. she could not stay in Hamerton. Not after being demoted. Not after losing their only way to save the school.
She needed to see Trevor, whatever the consequences.
If only she could at least hear from him…  
Trevor. She thought. How can to find you? She wondered.
Just then an idea clicked in her mind.
“Of course! Your email.” She snapped with delight. She expected that wherever he was, Trevor could still access his email. After all, he did ask for Caitlin’s new email address before he left, that meant that he still used his email.

She packed the phone in her bag and left, back to the school buildings in haste.


What happened next? Stay tuned to find out!


©All rights reserved
kindly don't forget to drop your comments on the story Hamerton, wherever on the net with the hashtag #creativewritingHamerton .

Ahsante, Thank you, Merci, Tack, Dank, Obrigado, Salamat, Spasibo, Grazie, Gracias...

No comments:

Post a Comment