Wednesday, November 25, 2015

HAMERTON 2 Chapter 4- episode 2

HAMERTON 2
Thank you God for this opportunity.


Hamerton. A large school offering the finest Education to the students of the state and overseas. Natalie joins this school arriving from Brooklyn and she has grief over her lost friends who were murdered in Hamerton. She teams up with Ingrid and their fellow seniors against the House of Representatives to prevent a bomb blast that could cause a large massacre.
Hallow viewers!


previously on Hamerton; Corny receives a call from an anonymous person who tells him that they have Maggie. 
Mr. Bradley returns to New York from Tanzania, and breaks news to her wife that he is home for good. 
Natalie and Ingrid chat with Caitlin through her new email and Natalie shares with her about Hamerton and their plans.

Please Continue;

***

Corny hovered around the empty apartment that used to belong to his wife. He tapped the phone in his hand, anxiously waiting for Trevor, to tell him about the call with the bad guys.
He was pacing in front of the apartment door and paused only when he heard Trevor’s voice at the end of the corridor.
“Howls?” Trevor called, running to him from the stair landing.
Corny Howls greeted him with a worried expression.
“Howls. Tell me, what’s the urgency and why are we meeting here?” Trevor asked, halting a few steps from Corny.
“Trevor. We have a very huge problem in our hands. We have to get you back home. This all idea of having you here is a bad one.”
Trevor frowned at that. “What are you talking about? I have already made my decision. I am staying in England till we have found Maggie.”
Corny sighed deeply at that, shaking his head with despair.
Trevor queered his friend’s exceeding worry. “What’s going on Howls? Tell me what’s happening.” He asked in panic.
“Trevor. There’s no need of finding Maggie anymore, see?” he said, as he struggled with a lump of tears in his throat. “They have her. And they want you in exchange for her.”
Trevor’s mouth parted, remaining silent. “What?” he gasped.
Corny evaded the question, turning around and giving Trevor his back. He rested his hands on his waist, a thing he did when he was very depressed.
“Howls. Who said that? Did they call you?” Trevor asked in desperation.
“Howls!”
Trevor turned to the end of the corridor where Millies approached, hurrying toward them.
“Millies.” Trevor reckoned, before Corny faced them.
“Hello Trevor.” Millies greeted him and turned to Corny. “Howls. I have to talk to you. This is a very crucial matter.”
Corny sighed. “Alright. Where can we talk?”
“At the van, maybe. Or here if Trevor…” she turned to Trevor. “Will you please excuse us?”
“He is more involved now, Millies.” Corny informed her.
Millies furrowed her eyebrows. “What? How?” she asked quickly and then added before either of them had the chance to reply. “Anyway, that can wait. Howls. Please?”
Corny nodded. “Maybe we can talk inside.” He suggested,
“Yes.” She agreed and he opened the apartment door, leading the way in.

She shut the door behind themselves and turned to Howls who was standing behind a sofa in the living room of the apartment.
He looked around, clutching a fist. “This is, this is where I last saw her. I promised her that, I would be back to take her away.” He said and paused, breaking into a cry.
“Oh Howls.” Millies begun, walking to him and took his hands. “Please you have to be strong.”
“I can’t Millies.” He confessed, wretchedly. “Maggie is my life. She is everything to me.”
Millies remained silent, looking at him with worry.
With his intelligence knowledge, Corny immediately realized that she was keeping something from him, especially when she suddenly released him and joined her hands, rubbing them together anxiously.
Corny wiped his face with his hands. “Tell me, Millies. What is that crucial matter that you had to tell me?”
“Ah.” Millies hesitated, scratching her head.
“C’mon Millies. You can trust me with anything.”
 Millies grimaced at him, wondering if that was true.
“Millies?” he called her.
She took in a deep breath, steeling herself to tell him. “I've come from the Unit where they kept some of Maggie’s stuff for collecting evidence. That’s where I met something that, you... you might have missed when you came around to search the apartment.”
He narrowed his eyes, staring at him. “What is that?”
“A pregnancy test device. It was in the bathroom, on a sink that, your wife used.” She said and looked at him pitifully. “The test device showed, positive. That means that, your wife found out that she was pregnant before she was kidnapped.”
Corny froze. He also thought that he skipped a heartbeat. He felt like somebody stabbed his chest with a very sharp knife.
Millies sighed. “Howls?” she called, trying to get his attention.
Feeling his legs weaken, Corny groped for the seat behind him and leaned on it.
“What?” Was the only thing he could say. He did not want to believe what he just heard.
Just then, he recalled his last encounter with Maggie.
When he arrived, she wanted to tell him something. Before he left she also wanted to tell him something. But, Corny said that, he was going to return. He did not take her. He did not wait for her to finish her bath and help her pack. He put Trevor’s life before his wife’s and now… his baby’s.
“I have to find her.” Corny said, drawing from the sofa and aiming at the exit.
Millies held him back. “Howls, how? We still don’t know where she is.”
“Let me alone, Millies. I have to find my wife.” He insisted with determination.
“Howls. I can’t let you go anywhere like this.” Millies said, struggling to retain him in the room.
“Let me go!” he shouted, pulling his strong arms free.
He dashed to the front door while Millies went after him.
“Howls? Howls?” she called but, he did not reply.

Outside the apartment, the two met Trevor who was waiting anxiously for them.
Corny walked to him.
Before he said anything, Trevor announced. “I am going to give myself up to SOHOT. Maggie’s life is in danger and it’s all my fault.”
“What?” Millies asked, baffled by his statement. “What are you talking about? Do you guys know where the kidnappers are?”
Corny was silent, contemplating the right decision to make. He went to Trevor to surrender himself to SOHOT so that he could save Maggie but, now that Trevor said it, Corny did not want to be so cruel to him.
Trevor turned to Millies. “They called Howls and told him that he should turn me over or else, they could do something bad to Maggie.”
Millies turned to Corny. “They called you?” she asked, reproachfully. “Why didn't you tell me?”
Corny disregarded her question and glanced at Trevor. “Trevor. You don’t have to do that. They believe that you are in Los Angeles. I told them that.”
“Howls!” Millies snapped at him.
“Millies, please? It happened so fast. The first one that I could reach was Trevor. I wanted to warn him that he should go back to USA.” Corny defended himself.
Millies frowned at him. “Where is your phone? Give me your phone.” She ordered.
Unable to raise an argument, Corny slid his hand in his coat pocket and took out his phone. Millies snatched it from him and walked to an opposite end of the corridor to check it.

“I am not going back to USA Howls. And if I must, I will surrender myself to SOHOT.” Trevor said and swallowed. “I cannot let anything bad happen to Maggie. Not to her. She is a very sweet and lovely woman. And you. You have ever been so good to me.”
“Trevor… I know how much you care for me and my for family but, I want to fix this, I am sure that, there will be a way to do that without including you, giving yourself up.”
“Howls. You are not only my friend. You’re my family. You are like a brother to me. We have been through a lot together. I can never and I would never want to put myself first before you or Maggie. Howls. You have to understand that, I am willing to do anything, to keep you safe.”
“No, Trevor. That is my job.” Corny disagreed, loudly. “I could never put your life at risk. Not only because, of your father’s trust in me but also because, I care for you too.”
“But, Maggie-”
“I’ll find a way.” Corny interrupted him. “Besides that, you don’t even know what the SOHOT wants with you.”
“Maybe I don’t but, if it will return Maggie back to you, I will do anything.”
Corny sighed, shaking his head. He never thought that it could come to that. Choosing between his wife, his unborn child and Trevor.
Millies came back. “I already sent the numbers to the Unit. They will be able to locate the caller.”
“Thank you.” Corny said.
Millies nodded and turned to Trevor. “You also have to leave this country. Get in touch with your bodyguard and tell him that you are going back.”
“I am not going anywhere Millies.” Trevor said to her and turned to Corny. “Please find me when you guys find anything. I’ll get in touch with my brother.”
Corny nodded. “Alright.”
Trevor pat Corny’s shoulder before leaving, "We'll find Maggie." He promised.


***


Meanwhile Maggreth Howls woke up from an induced coma. She opened her eyes and immediately shut them after meeting very bright light coming from above her head.
When her eyelids adapted to the light, she lifted them again. Just then, she realized that her hands and feet were tied. 
She was seated in a wooden chair. She knew that when, she heard a creak when she tried to move.
“Hallo?” she called but, only a full minute after being conscious.
Within the sixty seconds, she recalled what happened to her. She remembered meeting Howls and him telling her that, there were bad people coming after her and Trevor.
She also recalled that she found out that she was pregnant.
She chose not to panic. She knew and hoped that her husband will figure out a way to rescue her. She trusted him with her life.

“Anyone there?” she called again, in a lower voice like the first time.
Maggie was not looking for her assailants, she was looking for any crew member behind the radios in the University.
She knew that, it was almost vain to hope that, the security crew that guarded Trevor in the University had not left. Of course Howls would have stayed behind to look for her but, he would not have the crew’s equipment.
“Please somebody, help me?” she whispered when a ting sounded.
There were voices over the receiver implanted in her ear.
Maggie sighed with relief. Henry… she reckoned inwardly with hope.
“No father, I just… am not feeling well, that is why.” Henry came again, closer this time.
Where is he? Maggie thought.
“But, Trevor my son, you have been avoiding me ever since you returned here.”
It was Mr. Tommy’s voice.
Maggreth furrowed her eyebrows. Father? How?
“Trevor. C’mon, tell me, what is the problem?” Mr. Tommy asked.
Just then, Maggreth heard footsteps into the room that she was in. Feeling scared, she begun panting.
Her breaths were probably audible in Trevor’s or Henry’s room because a second later, Mr. Tommy came, “Why is it that you keep the radio on son? You are already home and that is all that matters.”
“Oh. It automatically turns on when there is a human voice. So, I guess that, it turned on when we came in. I’ll switch it off now.”
Maggreth wanted to shout in disapprove, just before the receiver in her ear went dead.

“Maggreth Holws.” A lady’s voice sounded only a few steps from where Maggie was, drawing attention from her.
Maggie gasped. She was on her own then. She could not avoid panicking. “Who are you? What do you want from me?”
“Sh sh. You don’t have to shout.” The woman sounded aggravatingly. “With you, not so much.”
Maggie begun to cry. “Please? Let me go.” She begged.
“Not yet. First, we want you tell us about Trevor.”
We? Maggie thought. Her and?
“Silence, hah?” the lady came again. “Just what I like. Bucket, one.” The lady said before Maggreth felt a lot of water poured over her body.
She cried, feeling her robe soak and water dribbling over her face and hair. Oh my God what are they going to do to me? She wondered, silently.
“Mrs. Howls, do you feel the cords tying you to the chair?” the lady asked. But, without waiting for Maggie’s reply, she went on. “Well, they are uninsulated live wires, transmitting at least 500 volts of electricity. With just one shock, you could get liquefied. Now, tell me about Trevor.”
Maggie popped her eyes out with terror.  She did not want to die. Not now when she was going to have Howls’ baby.
“Please don’t kill me.” She cried. “Please. Please?” she begged.
“Are you willing to tell us about Trevor?”
“Anything, anything I swear.” She cried.
There was a short pause. “Good. All we need is your answer for one simple question. Is Trevor Tommy in England?”
Maggreth froze.
She expected to have to eulogize Trevor and not to answer a direct question.
“One?” the lady called.
“Wait!” Maggreth cried. “I don’t know. I swear. What I know is that… we were going to leave England. But, I was captured before that, I don’t know if he stayed or left. I swear to you.”
“Is that so?” the lady asked.
“It’s all I know. I promise.” Maggreth cried.
“Why did you hesitate, then?”
Maggreth gulped.
She hesitated because, she realized that, Henry took Trevor’s place in LA and perhaps, Trevor stayed behind to assist Howls in finding her.
There was a door that sounded to be opened and a voice followed. “Let her be and maybe dress her up.”
Two? Maggie thought in her head.
It was a man’s voice. “Hannah sent a message, the boy’s in London. We’ll need the woman safe and fit for the exchange.”
Exchange? Maggie thought. “You’re going to exchange my life for Trevor's?” she dared to ask.
“More than that, Mrs. Howls. But, it’s not for you to know. Release her, one and get the guys to clean her up.”


It was then that signals begun transmitting in the receiver but, unlucky for Maggie, she felt dizzy and fainted. 


What happened next? Stay tuned to find out!


©All rights reserved

kindly don't forget to drop your comments on the story Hamerton, wherever on the net with the hashtag #creativewritingHamerton .IG: @mult_talented_p

Ahsante, Thank you, Merci, Tack, Dank, Obrigado, Salamat, Spasibo, Grazie, Gracias...

No comments:

Post a Comment