Sunday, November 22, 2015

HAMERTON 2 Chapter 4- Hannah Pared

HAMERTON 2
Thank you God for this opportunity.


Hamerton. A large school offering the finest Education to the students of the state and overseas. Natalie joins this school arriving from Brooklyn and she has grief over her lost friends who were murdered in Hamerton. She teams up with Ingrid and their fellow seniors against the House of Representatives to prevent a bomb blast that could cause a large massacre.
Happy Sunday viewers!




Continue;


Chapter 4: Hannah Pared
“Corny Howls?” A heavy voice sounded over Corny’s cellphone when he received it.
“Yes. Who’s this?” Corny asked.
“We have your wife.”


***


Mrs. Bradley sat on the couch of the living room of her house, reading a women’s magazine.
A few days had gone by since she gave her statement at the police station, concerning Simon’s case. She was not called to the station again and individually, decided not to keep track of what happened to Simon’s murderer.
“Mmh. This seems interesting.” She said to herself as she came to a clause on the magazine. “How to quickly loose the excess belly skin after giving_” she read right before the front door sounded knocking.
“Oh.” She said, twisting her head to face the house entrance. “That must be Grey. He has been out with Junior since morning and he did not even care to mention where he was taking him.”
She got on her feet and slid her feet into her indoor slippers.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

The door sounded again.
“Coming!” she called, shuffling her way to the door. She unfastened the locks. “Grey, where did you guys go?” she asked, right before she opened it.
Her mouth dropped open when she beheld her husband, Nathan, standing behind the door in a traditional suit, holding their child. Greyson stood behind them, leaning on some luggage.
“Surprise!” Greyson said, when Mrs. Bradley became speechless with gladness.
As Mr. Bradley watched, his wife broke into a laughter and tears of joy.
Mr. Bradley smiled back. “C’mon honey? Aren't you going to let us in?”
“Nathan.” She reckoned, hugging him and the baby.
“I missed you too Diana.” Mr. Bradley replied.
She released tears of joy and drew back only to give him a long passionate kiss.
Greyson took the liberty to open the door wide and walk in with one suitcase. “I’ll leave you lovebirds alone.” He said, taking the luggage to another room.
The couple drew apart, laughing at each other.
“You almost hurt the baby.” He teased her.
“No, he was fine, I’m sure.”
He just smiled.
She took her hand, leading him inside the house. “What’s up with the attire and why didn't you tell me that you were coming?” she asked, also receiving the baby from him.
“Oh. This,” he touched his orange colored shirt, embroidered by black and yellow flowers. “It’s called Khanga.”
“I know that.”
“Yeah. So, it’s a souvenir.”
“Well, it looks great on you.”
“Thank you. I got you a pair as well. It’s in one of the suitcases. Khanga is the main dress code in Tanzania.”
“Thank you honey for remembering me.” She said, and gave him another kiss. “So, tell me why you didn't let me know that you were arriving today.”
He laughed a little. “I just wanted to give my darling wife a surprise.”
She beamed at him. “Aaw you are so sweet.”
Greyson returned to the room, scurrying to the door to get the other suitcases.
“Greyson?” Mrs. Bradley called him after she and Mr. Bradley, sat on one of the long sofas of the living room.
“Yes Mrs. Bradley?” Greyson replied, halting at the doorway.
“When you’re done with that, please come join us with some drinks from the fridge.”
“Thank you Mrs. Bradley.” Grey said, smiling.
The lady turned back to her husband. “So, how was your trip and everything? Will you tell us, Nathan Junior and me?”
Mr. Bradley sighed first with exhaustion. “Well, it was great. I will give you details later, you tell me first how you and the baby have been faring.”
She smiled. “We are okay.”
“Really? That’s great to hear then.” he said and peeped into the baby’s blanket. “Have I missed baby’s first steps?”
She laughed. “Nathan! No. He is hardly six months old.”
“Oh. That is good. So, Junior, you are going to have your daddy to teach you how to walk.” He said to the baby.
Mrs. Bradley furrowed her eyebrows, queering her husband’s statement.
He noticed the expression on his wife’s face and smiled at her. “Yes Diana. I am home for good.”


***


Natalie sat behind a monitor of one of the desktop computers in the computer lab of the Chief building of Hamerton.
After resigning from being President, a lot of students showed dissatisfaction with her decision. Many of them called her President, making commotion in the hallways and in the cafeteria, when she went for her meals with the local students.
Some of the teachers also told her that she should run for the position again. But, Natalie did not want to. She had her own plans.
“The students love you.” Ingrid said, occupying a chair beside Natalie behind the computer desk.
Natalie sighed. “We have been through this Ingrid. Whatever you, Ivan or anyone else say, I am not going back to being President.”
“But, why? You said in your speech that you love to govern Hamerton.”
“No doubt about that. I love following Trevor’s footsteps. But, I just want to be normal.”
“Normal, Natalie? Who says that, it ain't normal to be President?”
Natalie remained silent, waiting to log in to her email account.
Ingrid sighed. “Natalie? Think about it.”
Natalie shook her head a little. “No. I am not and I won’t.”
“Okay. So, what about saving Hamerton?”
Natalie twisted her head to face her. “Even you can do that. Just run for President.”
“Natalie, I am not as accepted as you are.”
“Of course you are. You are bright, smart, honest… a President material.” She said and turned back to the screen.
“That is not all that it takes. Hey, do you really think that of me?” Ingrid said and added before Natalie had the chance to consent or deny. “Well, I don’t know if I can stand in front of a big crowd and give a speech like you did yesterday.”
“Wait.”
“Wait what?”
I've got a reply from Caitlin.” Natalie announced with excitement.
Ingrid raised her eyebrows, turning to the screen.
She noticed Caitlin’s name along with her new email address, on top of other Facebook mails of Natalie. “Open it. Quickly!”
“It’s loading.”
“Oh, wow. She remembered us.”
“See, I told you that she used this new email.” Natalie said before the email opened.


Hallo Natalie. I am so sorry for not contacting you all this time but, be sure that, I was thinking about you.
My dad warned me not to communicate with you for the good of my security since, as you may have already know that, I was the target of bad people in your school.
I still can’t talk freely but, I miss you so much.
Tell me how you are faring as soon as you get this message.
Yours truly,
Caitlin.


“Reply Natalie, come on.” Ingrid urged her.
“Okay, okay. Amh… poor her that, she had to go through what she went through.” Natalie said, typing. “But, she is missing us.”
“Tell her that you are with me.”
“Sure.” Natalie agreed, typing;


Hey Caitlin.
I miss you very much as well. We, actually. I am with Ingrid right now. You must remember her from Brimstone.
We thought that, you were dead. I am so sorry for what happened to you.my dear friend Caitlin.
How did you escape?


“Natalie? Why did you ask her that? We already know how she run away.” Ingrid reproached Natalie as soon as she sent the message.
“Well, I just want to know more details. Coming from her, you understand.”
Ingrid turned to the screen, satisfied with Natalie’s reasons. “Okay. She must be a fast typist. There’s another message from her.”


Erin set me free and working with Mr. Dickson, I was able to contact my father. He sent me a ticket to Canada. He said that, my brother should remain behind and finish school. Since then, I have been living here, in Canada.


“Strange for her not to mention the year that she was in depression or something.” Ingrid commented after reading the email.
“Ingrid? Perhaps she wants to forget that part of her life.”
“If you say so.”
Natalie wrote;


I am very sorry but, the most important thing is that, you are alive.


Caitlin replied;


Truly. I thank God. Tell me. How did you find out about that sect in Hamerton?


Natalie said;


Erin told me. But, don’t worry. We have a badge that could crash their plans. The President’s badge.
According to Trevor, it can decode the bombs that the sect are planning to use to destroy Hamerton.


Caitlin said;


Oh. Erin, may her soul rest in peace. So, you have the President’s badge to help you save the school? How does it work? Who invented it, Trevor Tommy?


Natalie paused, typing at that message. “How does she know that Erin died?” she wondered loudly.
“Yeah. I admit that, that’s strange. Ask her how she does?” Ingrid suggested.
Natalie did.


How do you know that Erin died?


There was no reply.
Natalie asked again.


I learnt from Ralph.


“That explains everything.” Ingrid said, having read Caitlin’s response email.
There was another message from Caitlin.


Trevor is a hero. It was great of him to create a counter attack plan. Like that badge. I imagine that it was his idea, right?


Natalie wrote;


Yes. Have you also spoken to him? I gave him your email.


Caitlin replied;


No. Not yet. Where is he anyway? Did he graduate? Is he back in USA?


Natalie said;


No. Last I heard was that, he is in London.


Caitlin asked;


Oh really? He said that to you? That must be a good thing for you dear. Ralph told me that you two were going out.


Natalie smiled reading the text.


You are making blush. Yeah we are going out. But, no. He did not personally tell me that he is in London. But, hey, there are a lot of things we have to catch up; with you and well me and Trevor…. You know J


Caitlin also sent Natalie stickers.


Yes dear. Well, I still don’t have a boyfriend but, I am okay.
And Ingrid? Is she seeing anyone?


Natalie giggled, writing on Ingrid’s behalf.


She was dating this traitor guy, Steven. But, they are over now. Ingrid doesn't have long lasting relationships.


Ingrid beat Natalie at this. “Natalie!” she snapped at her. “Steven was not a traitor and it is not true that, I don’t have long lasting relationships.”
“Of course it is true.”
Ingrid shook her head. “And hey, how do you know that Trevor is in England? I know I don’t. Were you told?”
“Yeah. By Henry. Trevor is in England.” Natalie replied proudly, typing a response message to Caitlin.
“Okay… but, how is that supposed to be special? Hasn't he always been in England?”
“Well, yeah but, this time, his father wanted to send him back to California so he asked Henry to take his place.”
“Oh. That is typical for Trevor. He never liked to stay with his father.”
“Can you imagine? Henry also added that Corny’s wife was kidnapped and that Trevor’s life and mine are in danger.”
Ingrid was shocked. “What? Maggie was kidnapped?”
“Is that the name of Corny’s wife?”
Ingrid sighed and remained silent, digesting the news.
“Ingrid. What do you think? Trevor’s life could be in a very big danger?”
“Because he has Henry and his other duplicates to back him up, not that much. The one that I am worried about is Maggie. She is married to a police officer and she is strong but, she may not have the courage to withstand torture or whatever her kidnappers could give her.”
Natalie paused typing. “Oh. What are we going to do now?” she asked, already getting worried.
Ingrid was silent, thinking.
Natalie decided to send the message to Caitlin.


Hey Caitlin. Sorry but, I have to go. We have a lot of things in our hands right now.
Okay, catch you later.


After waiting for a few seconds, Caitlin’s message came.


Alright. Bye.


“Maybe, we should just stay indoors.” Ingrid suggested.
“That’s strange.” Natalie commented.
“Strange what?” Ingrid asked, glancing at the computer screen.
“Caitlin always uses farewell when we parted.”
Ingrid chuckled. “C’mon Natalie, bye is the fastest bidding. Maybe it was the closest word to her mind at that moment. Besides that, three years have already gone by, maybe she already forgot your ‘farewell’.”
Natalie nodded and begun to sign out of her email dress. “C’mon, let’s go to discuss that issue outside of here.”
“Alright.” Ingrid agreed and they left together.



 What happened next? Stay tuned to find out!


©All rights reserved

kindly don't forget to drop your comments on the story Hamerton, wherever on the net with the hashtag #creativewritingHamerton .IG: @mult_talented_p
Ahsante, Thank you, Merci, Tack, Dank, Obrigado, Salamat, Spasibo, Grazie, Gracias...

No comments:

Post a Comment