Sunday, March 29, 2015


Trevor leaned on the balcony of their dormitory building. Few weeks past, he decided to live there other than the leaders’ quarters. Now, he reviewed the day while gazing at the school campus beyond. He thought about Natalie and what he was about to do for her. He thought about Ingrid. She just lost her job…
He sighed. He wished that there was something that he could do to save both of them, his cousin, the only person he knew that understood him among his family and…Natalie.
His thoughts paused at Natalie. Truly, she was a different girl. Did he admire her for her intelligence and capabilities or, did he like her?
Natalie. Beautiful, intelligent, initiative, innovative and kindhearted. She had all that Trevor must have sought in a woman. Moreover, they had grown to be good friends.
He drew back from the balcony and rubbed his face.
He felt a hand on top of his shoulder and turned around.
“Hey man?” Steven greeted.
“I’m sorry for Ingrid.” Trevor replied.
“Me too.”
“But, you guys shouldn’t have come there. I could have taken care of everything.”
“We can’t afford to loose you. I feel sorry that I couldn’t do anything myself.”
Trevor looked down and Steve pat his shoulder again. “Hey, Trevor. We need you. Besides, Jacob has been looking for you to open the discotheque.”
“I almost forgot. Sure, lets go right?”
“No, you go ahead. I have a running stomach that could embarrass me out there.”
“Ha ha ha. Talking to a babe?”
“No. You haven’t met my girlfriend? She’s in this school. I’m seriously sick Trevor.”
“I’m sorry then.”
“Thank you.” Steven replied smiling.
Trevor walked out and left Steven on his own.

The block 5 cafeteria now transformed into a dance hall. The students jammed the hall in various home clothes. Most girls, especially those belonging to Hamerton wore mini-skirts and tight tops which also left a large part of their bodies open. When Trevor walked in the hall he was dazzled like more other boys were. He realized that most of his own friends who were dating in school had no dance partners. The ladies of Hamerton betrayed their boys for the visitors.
“Trevor!”
He heard a call and turned around. Robert approached him holding a martini glass.
“They give away those here?” Trevor asked immediately after glancing at Robert’s glass.
“There’s everything man. I can’t wait to see the look on Mr. Gram’s face when he finds out.”
“How can he? But, seriously, Jacob and I did not organize to have liquor in the school disco.”
“Don’t mind. Where have you been? I thought that you were opening the disco?”
“I can see that they didn’t need me. There are only girls here…Why?”
Another boy, yellow hair with a short fringe joined them.
“Jacob. Did you allow liquor to be served in this disco?” Trevor asked first.
Jacob stretched his palms in the air. “No. Trevor, things are getting out of hands.”
“Sure, everybody’s drunk.” Trevor explained.
“No. Where are all the boys? The girls are too many but, you can’t even get a dance partner.” Jacob said
“I came with Sarah, she left me for a St. Ann Marie boy.” Robert added.
“Steven is sick.” Trevor said.
“But, many seniors are here.” Robert added looking around the throng of colorful dancers.
“Oh. There’s a game today. That must have been the Hamerton boys hide out.” Another boy joined them and informed. He wore a black T-shirt like Trevor and grey trousers. Trevor had the t-shirt and blue GUCCI™ jeans trousers.
“Who’s playing Brendan?” Trevor asked.
“I think Man U and Chelsea.” He replied.
Robert left quietly.
Trevor, Brendan and Jacob were all seniors. They remained alone.
“So, we heard that you were about to resign.” Brendan said.
“From?” Trevor asked.
“It’s in all the papers; Hamerton Friday, Hamerton weekly, H This Morning and HTV.” Jacob replied.
“Nothing escapes the press.” Brendan added. “But, if it was all happening in Mr. Gram’s office, how then could the info leak?”
“It’s over anyway. I had to save a friend.”
“Yeah. Class D, again.” Jacob said. “I’m sure that she had no problem. Nicky and her friends are not the best company. They have always been targeting to spoil your image.”
“Like, they tell everyone that you’re gay.” Brendan said.
Trevor furrowed his eyebrows. He felt like a bag of sand had been dropped on top of his head. What?
“I laughed when I heard that. I mean, Trevor, I know you.” Brendan added.
“If those rumors reach Mr. Gram’s office, you will be done for. That’s the aim of Nicky, Irene Stewart or whatever she calls herself.” Jacob said.
“I don’t believe it.” Was all that Trevor could say, shaking his head with disappointment.
“Take it easy man.” Brendan coaxed. “I hate this damn office. I can’t wait for August to finish my term.” He added more to himself than to his friends and walked away.
“Just be careful Trevor.” Jacob bid and left too.
Trevor paused where he was standing for a while. As if what he had been through in the whole day was not enough, he had to face that also?
In Mr. Gram’s office, even heterosexual relationships were not welcomed, if a leader, like Trevor Tommy would be found engaging in homosexual relationships, he would not only be demoted but, expelled.
Trevor sighed and walked to a counter a few meters from where he was standing. The counter was lonely except for Leo who stood behind it drying the short martini glasses.
“Give me a shot.” Trevor ordered.
“Are you sure?” Leo asked.
“Yeah.” He replied shortly.
Leo served him a glass and Trevor held it for a while without sipping from it. I miss my mom.
From the opposite entrance a familiar figure appeared. Trevor narrowed his eyes.
She first paused looking around probably for her date or, for her fellow girlfriends since the hall flooded with women. Then, she glanced at him and his gaze met hers.
She smiled and Trevor smiled back. She waved but, Trevor motioned to her to follow him.
As Natalie drew close, Trevor beheld her beauty. The feminine side of her. She was averagely tall. Probably inches below Ingrid. Her body was slim with gentle curves but, with a bigger booty than boobs. Her thighs were flawless as much as her arms and the exposed part of her chest.
The makeup that she wore, dark eye brows, long eyelashes and dark lipstick matched the blouse and the high heels shoes that she had on.
Trevor glanced at his glass before Natalie halted in front of him. He wanted to make sure that it was not the drink that drove him crazy. He never even sipped it.
“Hi.” Natalie greeted.
Trevor replaced his glass on the counter and faced her. “You look gorgeous.”
“Thank you.” she replied occupying a seat facing him. She swerved her head around and his eyes traveled along her long and beautiful neck. Damn…
She turned to him. “This place is live.”
“I agree.”
“But, there are a few boys.”
He nodded.
“So, why are you alone? There are so many dolls out here. Trevor Tommy can’t tell me that he couldn’t get a dance partner.”
“Trust me, I got a lot of things.”
“Something’s wrong am I right?”
He nodded and rose. “But, I’m sure that it can be fixed.”
“If, you’re gonna put your job in the line again, I’m not supporting you.”
He shrugged. He was not sure of the worse that could meet him. “Can I have a dance with you Natalie?”
She rose too.
The speakers switched to slow songs.
“Hero?” she asked. “I wasn’t informed that it would be a ball dance.”
He took her hand, slightly vigorously like she was wasting time.
He drew her to the dance floor were most couples were already wet with sweat. He put his arm around her waist and with the other, held her hand. She in turn placed her palm over his shoulder.
He was close to him again, she felt the heat of his body and, the perfume that she admired so much, showered her with love.
“Thank you for what you did earlier today.” She said after short steps, turns and swirls.
“I care for you.” he replied.
She smiled. Cute. He thought. “Ingrid told me that you’re fine.”
“She gave up her card for me. I’m truly grateful.” He paused. “Where is she? Is she coming to this disco?”
Natalie shook her head. “She doesn’t want to but, she urged me to come.”
Trevor looked away once and gazed back at her. “Tell me about yourself.”
She chuckled. “Well, I’m Natalie… I love a few things and, just simple. Like that.”
He laughed. “Okay. What is it that you love?”
“I love my family. Anyway, it’s only mom dad and me. They are all that I have. I also love my friends. I love my studies-”
“And God?” he interrupted.
“Okay. I love God first then, everything else.”
He chuckled.
“I’m funny ain’t I?”
“Just a little.”
“What about you? What do you love?”
“Like you, I love God first. And I’m sure that I love my family.”
“How many are you in your family.”
“Dad, my mom. Randolph, the little one. I have a big brother.”
“I thought that you are the only kid.”
“Nah. Trevor’s the second boy.”
“Ingrid?”
“She’s my cousin. My dad’s sister’s daughter. My parents don’t know that we go to the same school. They hate us together.”
“Why?”
“We used to go out.”
Natalie was silent.
“But, it was nothing… we were both lonely. Some years back. Now, we’re just pretty good friends with the extra blood tie.”
“I knew Ingrid before coming to Hamerton-”
“Brimstone? She told me.”
“Did she also mention Caitlin?”
“Caitlin Brooks? I knew Caitlin Brooks before she came to study in Hamerton. She was my friend. Her father and my dad were business partners. That’s how we met.”
“She died.” Natalie reckoned.
“Sadly, yes. This school is awful. We’ve lost many students tragically here.”
Natalie sighed.
The speakers played another song, a fast one. Trevor released her. “Do you know that I can do break dancing?”
She was blushing. 
“Okay, chill.” He begun swaggering to the middle of the dance floor, making professional choreographic moves.
The arena cleared for him and a few boys that joined him. They all wore black t-shirts but, different pants.
Natalie cheered with more other girls around her. She loved the display that the boys made.

When the music subsided, the hall broke into cheers and claps. Trevor returned to Natalie sweating. She was giving her large smile but, before she could say anything he grabbed her hand “Let’s go. I want to show you something.” He said and maneuvered her out of the hall.

where did he take her? stay tuned to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment