Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The next day Caitlin was narrating to Erin all that had happened the previous night.
“Caitlin, I told you to keep off those people and place.” There was a mixture of fury and disappointment on her face.
“What was I supposed to do? Besides, if I had not followed her, my brother would have been in trouble.”
At that time they were seated at a table in the school canteen having juice and samosas.
“Anyway, I just warned you as a friend. You can choose whether to take or not take my advice.”
“I don’t understand you. What is wrong with the school parliament? They are our leaders.”
“It’s not as you think.”
“I was a leader in my school. An environment prefect.”
Eric sipped her juice and remained silent.
“Let’s get to another topic.” Caitlin said, “Assist me with your notebook of Biology after break, there’re a few things I need to check.”
Erin nodded.
“Hey, are the teachers also members of the Parliament?”
“We closed that topic.” Erin reminded.
“Please tell me.” She begged.
“No. But they work with the President.”
“Nice. Are elementary students also part of the Parliament?”
“No. They have their own prefects and Head Prefect.”
“Do you conduct elections?”
“It’s us now?” She looked up at her.
“Do… we?”
“Yes, we do.”
“Every year?”
“No. After every three years.”
“So long, why?”
“So that each government can wright something for the benefit of the school.”
“Good. So when are we having the next elections?”
“The coming September.”
“Nice.”
The electric bell sounded through the speakers at the walls of the canteen to signify class time.


………………………………………………………………………..


 what are the secrets of THE PARLIAMENT? stay tuned to find out

No comments:

Post a Comment