Saturday, March 28, 2015


Natalie ran to the girl’s bathroom to sob there. It was wrong for her to believe that Trevor could handle everything with Mr. Gram and without having to sacrifice himself. But, why? Why were his fellow seniors so cruel?
As she cried in front of the sink mirror the bathroom door opened and Erin walked in. She halted at the door staring at Natalie with amazement.
Natalie saw Erin’s reflection on the mirror and frowned. She turned around. “What happened to Caitlin?” she asked, tears flowing from her eyes.
“What are you talking about?” Erin replied with a question.
“Don’t try to hide it. What happened to Caitlin?” she rasped.
Erin swallowed. “She died in a bomb blast.”
“That’s not the truth!” Natalie shouted.
Erin begun panting, she could not take the confrontation. She tumbled backwards and paused with her back against the door. “Did you follow up the school report? How can you accuse me? If, if what you were told is not the truth then how am I supposed to know? She died, it’s… it’s not my fault-”
“You murdered her!” Natalie shouted. Her eyes were red and glaring at Erin.
Erin was speechless, terrified.
“I overheard your conversation last night. You; Nicky and Paulina the St. Ann Marie girl. Nicky warned you not to say anything so that, what happened to Caitlin may not happen to you. You’re planning something that will destroy thousands of lives.”
Erin was mute. Her eyes enlarged with every truth that Natalie said.
“Deny that!” Natalie dared. “Am I wrong to say that you are a terrorist and that you murdered my friend? Would I be wrong to say that you are a traitor and-”
“Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!” Erin cried. “It was not my fault.”
“I am going to tell on you!” Natalie shouted.
“You have no evidence! People will say that you are crazy and you will be killed.”
“How could you plot such a thing? Caitlin was your friend too, you said so yourself.”
Erin moved from the door to a sink inside the bathroom and opened the water tap. She allowed the water to flow continuously making the sanitary room noisier.
“If I had evidence, I would have done something myself. A long time ago.” She said and looked at Natalie. “They had my family… I had no choice.”
Natalie squeezed her eyes shut for a moment. She even imagined the possibility that her friend was still alive. “Did she die?” she dared to ask, wishing that the answer would be a positive one.
“Yes.” In this case, the positive meant negative.
“How?” Natalie added. For some reason, she believed that no bomb killed her girlfriend.
“I did it.”
“Her brother?”
“Him as well.”
Natalie reopened her eyes. “Why?” she asked feeling the agony rise to the brim of her neck.
“I had no choice.”
“So, more people shall die and you still can’t save them?” Natalie cried reproachfully.
Erin was silent.
“Are you that cruel? Why didn’t you kill yourself than take the life of an innocent boy like Caitlin’s brother?”
“I regret not doing that.” Erin confessed.
Natalie turned around, imagining the pain that Ralph must have gone through before he was killed. She turned to Erin again. “When do you plan the attack? You have no choice now than to tell me everything.”
“Then you’ll be a part of us.”
“Never! I can never be a part of your evil schemes.”
“You shall not live to tell the truth if you know everything.”
“What? Are you going to kill me?”
Erin nodded.
Natalie gulped. “But why?”
“Because I have no choice.”
“But, you are an individual, a student, you came to school alone and you cannot… it’s not must for you to be a part in this.” Natalie said trying to convince Erin to stand up for herself and against Nicky and her people.
“I don’t have my life anymore by being part of this organization.”
“You do. Please? Tell me everything and don’t hide anything.”
“You shall die.” Erin insisted.
“You’re not a bad a person.”

“I don’t want to kill you.” Erin concluded and walked out.

what happened next? stay tuned to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment