Saturday, October 24, 2015

HAMERTON 2 Chapter 2- episode 2

HAMERTON 2
Thank you God for this opportunity.

Hamerton. A large school offering the finest Education to the students of the state and overseas. Natalie joins this school arriving from Brooklyn and she has grief over her lost friends who were murdered in Hamerton. She teams up with Ingrid and their fellow seniors against the House of Representatives to prevent a bomb blast that could cause a large massacre.

Previously on Hamerton; Caitlin and her brother arrive from a country in Africa where they also scarcely met Mr. Bradley (Natalie's father). Mr. Brooks is concerned about his daughter's welfare after what happened in their life. 
Natalie and Ingrid see Randolph Michael who after a lot of a opposition agrees to have taken the President's badge. He directs them to one Ralph Brooks who Natalie is sure to be Caitlin's brother. 

Ingrid reveals to Natalie her relationship with Trevor. 


Continue;



Natalie shut herself in her room that night, crying. She was very sensitive over Caitlin’s issue. She could not get over the news of Caitlin’s death before and now that there was a trace of seeing her again, Natalie was confused. She did not know what to think. 
The hope of Caitlin being alive, revived in her heart. She saw Caitlin…. Caitlin came to Natalie's house a year past to warn her not to return to Hamerton.
Or was it a dream? She wondered.
She hardly thought of Ingrid’s confession about her relationship with Trevor. When she did, she shut her eyes trying to avoid gruesome thoughts. Trevor loved her and that’s the only thing that Natalie wanted to focus on at that moment.

She woke late the next morning and though it was a school day, she dragged herself to the bathroom. She returned to her room later and found it empty. Her roommate was gone.
She walked to the closet and dressed into her white shirt and black skirt. She stood in front of the mirror, tying her hair into a ponytail. She groomed it with her hands, thinking about Caitlin. The two used to play hair dress when they were kids and in few occasions, either of them went to school with their natural hair.
Now, glancing at the brown soft strands of hair on her head, Natalie missed Caitlin.
She shut her eyes, thinking that she could have her back again.
“I just wished that you didn't die.” She murmured.
A voice of a person clearing his throat at the doorway, interrupted her solace and she opened her eyes, spanning around quickly.  
She froze, widening her eyes in surprise.  
Trevor stood there, the real Trevor, in a silver hood sweater and black trousers, burying his hands in his pockets as he watched her with his tantalizing gaze. “Amh… sorry for interrupting your privacy.” He excused himself when she remained silent.
Without a word, she ran to him and threw her hands around him, almost bringing him down to the floor with her weight.
“Trevor.” She cried.
“Yes, yes. It’s me.” He struggled. “I’m gonna fall now.”
She drew back, holding his face and connected their lips, kissing him like nothing else mattered.
He kissed her back with equal passion, expressing how he wanted her so much.
When they parted, she had bit her lower lip and he was laughing.
“I don’t believe it.” She said. “It is you.”
He nodded. “That’s right. I promised that we will see each other again, didn't I?”
“I didn't expect that it would be this soon.” She said and smiled. “But, it’s great to have you back Trevor. I really missed you.”
“I missed you too.”
She caressed his face just to make sure that she was not dreaming and that he was really there then, she laughed a little.
“What?” He asked.
“I just don’t believe that you are here.”
He took her palm, drawing it from his cheek. “I am Natalie. But, I don’t have much time.”
She nodded in understanding. “That’s right. No school. I want to spend the day with you.”
“Natalie, no.” he disagreed.
She frowned. “Why?”
“I will see you later at two and we will visit Ralph Brooks’ house to see what happened to him and Caitlin.”
“Trevor. C’mon? I really miss you and I want us to catch up.”
“So do I but, I’ll need you here for the time being. If the SOHOT suspect that I’m back in Hamerton,” he begun before she interrupted him.
“But, they won’t.” she said.
“They will if you are out of campus for a whole day.”
She sighed. “When is this going to end?”
“Soon.” He said and took both of her hands. “Natalie, I want you to be strong for me. Please don’t lose faith.”
She looked down for a moment, showing hesitation then raised her glance to him, smiling a little. “Alright.” She said and asked. “Who told you about Caitlin’s brother?”
“Ingrid.” He replied. “She told me that and that she spoke to you about us. She also mentioned that, you are feeling down and asked me to come and see you.”
Natalie was silent.
“Natalie, I am sorry that I never told you what existed between me and Ingrid. It was a crazy thing. We both agreed to part ways. I with you and her with Steven.”
She took a moment digesting the irritating facts then asked. “No more secrets?”
He shook his head. “No more secrets.”
She grinned and hugged him again. “How did you get up here? This is the leaders’ quarters.”
“I still have my contacts.” He explained as she drew back.
“Will you wait for me so that we can both leave? At least, I see you off.”
“Okay. What do you need?” he asked looking around the room.
She left him to a coat hanger beside the mirror and took her coat. “This and my,” she walked to the only bunk-bed in the room and stretched herself to the upper bed to take her bag. “Bag and books.”
“Shoes?” he asked when she dropped her stuff on the lower bed.
“Yes.” She agreed and knelt on the floor, bending her back to reach her shoes from under the bed.
He walked to her at the bed and took her bag, packing her books as she wore her shoes.
“Why is there a feud between your brother and Ingrid?” she asked, tying her shoe laces.
“Oh. Of course, you met Randolph. Well, he has a feud with everyone.”
“But, he seemed like a nice boy.”
“Until he notices that you are going out with me.”
“He loves you that much to get jealous?”
“Love? Randolph? No. But, jealousy, I wouldn't say for sure. He is spoilt because he is the youngest and the only one with a mother in our dad’s house.”
“But, you have a mom.”
He paused packing her books. “She is sick. In a mental hospital.”
“I am aware of that. She is going to be fine someday, Trevor.”
He zipped her bag. “I pray so every day.”
She took her bag from him. “Thank you.”
“Are you ready?” He asked.
“Yes.”
“Let’s go.” He asked and took her hand, walking out with her.
“So, where do we meet later?” She asked.
“I’ll pick you up the school gate. We’ll follow Ralph’s bus to where it drops him.”

“Okay.” She agreed and took in a deep breath thinking. I hope that I see you again Caitlin. 




What will follow next? Stay tuned to find.

©All rights reserved

kindly don't forget to drop your comments on the story Hamerton, wherever on the net with the hashtag #creativewritingHamerton . 

Ahsante, Thank you, Merci, Tack, Dank, Obrigado, Salamat, Spasibo, Grazie...

No comments:

Post a Comment