Thursday, October 15, 2015

HAMERTON 2- Chapter 1- episode 5

HAMERTON 2
Thank you God for this opportunity.

Hamerton. A large school offering the finest Education to the students of the state and overseas. Natalie joins this school arriving from Brooklyn and she has grief over her lost friends who were murdered in Hamerton. She teams up with Ingrid and their fellow seniors against the House of Representatives to prevent a bomb blast that could cause a large massacre.

Previously on Hamerton, Kehlan questions Trevor's involvement with Maggie. Maggie manages to convince Corny to cover up for Trevor as he goes to warn Natalie about the sect. Simon shows up after a while and wants to talk to Mrs. Bradley about her daughter. 


Continue;


The next day Natalie sat in her office. She was on recess and she preferred to be there other than the grounds or the café or the theater, where others spent their break.
She scanned a document on her table. She was still on Cheryl’s questionnaire. She chewed a pencil’s rubber, trying to come up with the best answer for the questions;

Qn #5: How do you explain your relationship with Trevor Tommy and how do you feel now that he is gone?

Qn #6: Do you think that you have been able, fully or in part, to realize the dreams of equality and team work through pursuing the same goal of education which, Trevor had for Hamerton?

She sighed when she could not come up with anything. Or at least, what she could tell the media and express to the rest of Hamerton.
“I miss Trevor!” she wanted to shout. “I don’t feel okay without him. Even if nothing is going wrong in school, it is and always will; be empty without him.”
Right then, a knock sounded on the door, interrupting her lamentations.
She turned to the door which also opened softly. Ivan walked in. “Miss President, you have a visitor.”
“Let her in. It’s Ingrid, right?”
“No. He is a boy actually.”
“Okay.” She agreed.
Ivan left and later, a young man walked in. Natalie immediately recognized him as a primary student, basing on his red uniforms.
“Good morning.” He greeted.
“Good morning.” Natalie replied compellingly and waved her hand to the seats in front of her desk. “Please, help yourself on a chair.”
“Thank you.” He said and sat.
“So tell me. How may I help you?”
“My name is Randolph Michael. I am Trevor’s brother.”
Natalie was a bit lost. She just kept her eyebrows raised.
“Trevor. Trevor Tommy? The former President of Hamerton.” the boy tried to explain.
Natalie’s face lit up. “Oo oh. Wow. Welcome. Sorry, I forgot that Trevor also had a little brother. Tell me dear.”
“Oh I’m not little.” He retorted. “But, Trevor sent me to you.”
Natalie smiled. Her heart beat run fast. Trevor! Trevor was back and he remembered her. But, she felt sad about the news. Why now after all this time?
“I don’t have much time.” He said and slipped his hand in his trouser pocket to take out a note that he also handed to her.
Natalie received it, taking a deep breath. She did not even notice when Ralph rose, looking around the room.
She read the note and folded it again gently, turning to Ralph only to realize that he was gone.
She rose from her seat and strode out to her secretary’s desk. “Ivan. Can you get me Ingrid ASAP?”
He nodded. “Alright. Amh, why didn't you use the telephone?”
“I don’t know.” She said, panting and seemingly restless. “I am very anxious right now.”
“Okay.” He said, nodding. “Take a breath and sit by the waiting couch. I’ll get Ingrid for you.”
She did not reply other than walked to the sofa in front the secretary’s desk and sat.
Her blood boiled. She could not comprehend what she read. She needed Ingrid, she needed her, fast.




Mrs. Bradley pushed her baby’s trolley into the diner of her friend. She looked around as she walked in and searched for familiar faces like Mrs. Charity’s. But, another guy was behind the counter, serving food for the waiters who took them around.
She sought for other faces and met Simon’s at a corner. He waved to her and she offered a smile, then approached him.
Outside, Greyson sat behind the wheels of her car. Mrs. Bradley asked him to tag along. For some reason, she did not trust Simon.
“Mrs. Bradley.” Simon reckoned, rising to greet the lady. He was wearing a black shirt and black jeans plus a black beany over his head.
She offered a smile nonetheless. “Hallow Simon. It has been a while.”
He nodded. “And congratulations for your boy.”
She thanked him and sat.
“Shall I get you anything?” He asked.
“No thank you. I’m alright.”
“Are you sure?”
She tried not to be too defensive. “Perhaps later I will order anything.”
“Okay.”
She peeped in the crib, checking out on her child and tuned back to Simon. “So tell me. What did you have to say about my daughter?”
“A lot of things Mrs. Bradley and you will be surprised by who she is.”
She made a stern face. “Begin with one.”
He took a short moment before starting, probably finding a good pick up line. “Okay. First, your daughter has been seeing this guy called Trevor.”
She raised her eyebrows. “That’s not possible. Natalie doesn't have a boyfriend else, she would have told me.”
He laughed cynically. “Oh. Mrs. Bradley, Natalie doesn't tell you a lot of things.”
She narrowed her eyes. “Who is this guy?”
“Trevor Tommy? He is the rich son of one multi-millionaire business owner of Los Angeles. Michael Tommy, if you have heard of him. You should also recall the Minister of Health who went missing many years ago when Natalie and I were just kids. She was Tommy’s wife.”
Mrs. Bradley’s mouth parted slowly at the revelation. She was not puzzled at her daughter’s connections but rather, at her silence about it.
“That is just introduction. Some months ago when you went on a trip and Mr. Bradley was also abroad, your daughter’s boyfriend came to visit her.” He paused, drawing a sincere look. “I tried to talk to her and to prevent the him from taking advantage of her but, the guy got back at me and shot my friend.”
Mrs. Bradley’s eyes widened at that. “Someone tried to take advantage of my Natalie?” she asked in prevailing rage. “Oh my God. How? Natalie is too young.”
“Maybe that’s not what she thinks. After all, you and Mr. Bradley have got the baby and probably a lot in your hands. Trevor came up as a lifetime opportunity for Natalie and she decided to fend for herself.”
Mrs. Bradley frowned. “Nathan and I have been struggling a lot to keep our family okay. He has done everything to satisfy her. Perhaps she hasn't had the life like the other kids in her school but, she has had enough to be contented.” She said with tears tingling her eyes.
He touched his chest. “I can understand you Mrs. Bradley and I for one, wish that I had devoted parents like you but, I was abandoned and I had to live a foster care life.”
She sighed. “I don’t believe this. Natalie… how could she… Natalie my God!”
“I don’t mean to upset you Mrs. Bradley but, I didn't want to keep you in the dark about your beloved daughter.”
Mrs. Bradley was looking away, she glanced back at him with reddened eyes. “Why are you telling me these?”
He took some time to answer. “Well. Amh… I care for your daughter and I want you to correct her because I want the best for her.”
She gave him an unconvinced, “thank you” then asked. “Is that all you had to tell me?”
“Yes. But, I would like to add that you don’t tell Natalie that I talked to you. Can you keep our meeting a secret?”
She furrowed her eyebrows in queer and nodded.
“Thank you Mrs. Bradley.”
“It’s alright.” She said and rose.
“How about that drink?” he asked, halting her.
She turned to him. “No thank you.”
“Okay. Will you pay for mine?”
She looked at him and at a bottle of alcohol on the table. She glanced at him again. “Sorry Simon, but, I didn't carry any money with me.”
He was silent but, obviously agitated by the news.
She pushed her baby’s trolley, walking out with him.
Simon emptied his drink and left a bill from his worn out wallet. He rose afterward and watched Mrs. Bradley walk to her car from the diner’s glass window.
He turned to the exit to follow them and at the doorway, met with a built-up guy who also stopped him.
“He he hey… where are you going?” the man asked, holding a riffle against Simon’s rib. “You try screaming and I’ll make this even more painful.” He warned.
Simon popped his eyes out at the man, sweating heavily. He gulped. “Please don’t hurt me.”
“It’s alright. We only need you for a few questions.” He said and waved his head toward the street.
Simon glanced at the roadside behind the man and saw a black van parked.
There were more men around the van. One, took the liberty to open it.
“What are you going to do to me?” Simon asked as the man as he was led to the van.
“I just told you. Questioning.”


What will follow next? Stay tuned to find out!

©All rights reserved

kindly don't forget to drop your comments on the story Hamerton, wherever on the net with the hashtag #creativewritingHamerton . 
Ahsante, Thank you, Merci, Tack, Dank, Obrigado, Salamat...

No comments:

Post a Comment