Sunday, October 18, 2015

HAMERTON 2 - Chapter 1 - episode 7

 HAMERTON 2
Thank you God for this opportunity.

Hamerton. A large school offering the finest Education to the students of the state and overseas. Natalie joins this school arriving from Brooklyn and she has grief over her lost friends who were murdered in Hamerton. She teams up with Ingrid and their fellow seniors against the House of Representatives to prevent a bomb blast that could cause a large massacre.


Previously on Hamerton; Natalie receives a visit from Trevor's younger brother who gives her message that Trevor wants to see her. Simon is kidnapped and questioned by a lady about Natalie's life. 
Ingrid shot Nicky, causing her death.

Continue;


Natalie and Ingrid stood anxiously within Hamerton Recreation Park.
There were many families scattered, having a picnic or the parents watching their kids as they played on swings. There were also teenagers and grown-ups sitting in couples, having their romance or just chatting.
 Natalie rubbed her hands in anxiety. She was going to see Trevor. Now, after such a long time. At that moment, it did not matter that he kept silent and forgotten about him, she only wanted to see him.
Ingrid looked around standing next to her. “I don’t even remember the last time I was out of the Hamerton four walls.”
“Really?” Natalie asked. “But, you did leave in the last holidays.”
“Yes but, I went straight to Heathrow and not to the neighboring streets.”
“Oh. That explains things.”
“And you? Have you ever been here?”
“No.”
“How did you know of it?”
“Google.”
Ingrid laughed and remained smiling.
By chance Natalie glanced behind her and caught sight of Trevor.
He was approaching them in a dark attire and covering his eyes with sunglasses.
Natalie’s mouth parted in shock of seeing him again. Ingrid noticed that and spanned around too.
“That’s him.” Natalie whispered.
Ingrid furrowed her eyebrows, scrutinizing the incomer. “No. You really haven’t seen him for a long.”
Natalie frowned and turned to Ingrid. “I’m saying that’s him.”
“No, Natalie. I’m telling you.”
“So, who do you propose that he is? And check, he is coming this way.”
“Good that’s how I am going to prove you wrong that, that’s not Trevor.” Ingrid said and turned back to the nearing young man. “If I’m not mistaken that guy is Henry Reeds. He is one of Trevor’s bodyguards. Mr. Tommy made some children grow up with his son and imitate his dressing, talking, walking, you name it, so that they can be Trevor’s decoys. This he did to trick those who wanted to harm Trevor.” Ingrid said and continued thoughtfully. “To use one of them now must means that Trevor is really in danger.”
Natalie looked at her, remaining speechless. She was baffled by Ingrid’s statement.
There was a helicopter flying close to the park. The girls could hear it at the back of their ears.
The guy drew nigh and lowered his glasses. Natalie confirmed then that, it was not Trevor, her Trevor. But, the resemblance was so incredible that she wondered if Trevor’s dad also had a plastic surgery on him. She hoped that it was not a violent surgery either.
“Miss Ingrid, Miss Natalie. Good day.” He greeted humbly.
“Henry.” Ingrid said first before Natalie had the chance to respond. “Anything wrong? Where is Trevor?”
“He is around here, Miss Ingrid. But, I had to go ahead of him to give you his message.” He replied.
“He is around?” Natalie asked. That was where her mind was. “Where? Can I see him?”
The boy turned to her. “No but, maybe he can hear you.”
Ingrid intervened. “I don’t understand. Why can’t we even talk to him? He sent us a message to meet him here.”
“Yes.” He agreed. “But, I tell you honestly, Miss Ingrid that, as much as Trevor wants to, he can’t see either of you at the moment. His father doesn't know that he is out of his protection center and Sir Corny Howls cannot jeopardize Trevor’s security.”
“He is seeing us, me and Ingrid. We are not harmful to Trevor!” Natalie almost cried.
“Tell Corny that he has already jeopardized Trevor’s security by bringing him out here and the least that he could now is to allow us to see him.” Ingrid said angrily.
Henry opened his mouth to say something before pressing his ear. Shortly, as the girls watched, he took out a handset from his trousers and waved it to Natalie. “For you.”
Natalie hesitated for a moment and took it. “Hallow?” she called.
“Natalie.” Trevor’s voice came making her skip a heartbeat.
She turned aside, breaking into a cry. “Trevor.”
Trevor came again, sounding equally wretched to be far from her. “Natalie I love you.”
“I love you back Trevor.” She said, crying. “Where are you, I want to see you, please?” she asked.
He was crying too. “You don’t know how much I would give to see you again. To be near you, to hold you,” he sighed. “But, I can’t.”
“Why? You can, nothing bad is going to happen to you.”
“Natalie…” he was crying. “Listen to me very carefully.”
“Trevor. Please? I want to see you. Please? I can’t live without you. My life is meaningless without me being near you.”
“So is mine, Natalie. You don’t know how many sleepless nights I've had since I had to part with you. Natalie I want you to know that I've never intentionally neglected you. I always had you in my mind and I've never thought of being with any other person than you. You are everything in my life. Everything.”
His words touched her heart making her yearn for him.
She found herself kneeling on the ground because her legs lost strength of standing.
“Natalie. My father doesn't want me anywhere near Hamerton or you. But, you are in danger now and I had to force my way to come here.”
She drew a deep sigh. “What’s going on with Hamerton?”
“The sect that was going to destroy the school which we all thought was uncovered, is still pushing through with their operation. They are connected to the House of Representatives that annually visits Hamerton. They will oversee the welfare of their plans to destroy the school and if nobody does anything, the distraction of Hamerton and the rest of you in it will be inevitable.”
Natalie gulped. “House of Representatives. How are they involved?”
“They are the main people here. Not Archibald as we thought.”
She took a few minutes to digest the enlightening. She asked afterward. “So, what are we going to do?”
“Henry will give you the missing piece of the badge. Do you have the badge with you now?”
Natalie felt her coat pocket. “I do have this replacement. The original one is in my office back in school.”
“Okay. Fill the gap in the badge. I will give you instructions on how to work it the next time we see each other.”
“Will I really see you, Trevor?”
“We will see each other, I promise you that.”
“Trevor, I really miss you.” She cried.
“I am dying to be with you too. Look up.”
She raised her head and had to blink frequently to overcome the great air currents that the helicopter above the park gave.
She could see a few men inside the craft. One of them sat at the edge and looked down to her.
She broke into a joyful laughter. “I think I see you.”
“It has to be this way for a while.” He said and paused.
“I’ll wait.” She said.
“Natalie. You have to remember this.” He said. The tone of his voice came a bit more serious. “Nicky used to be the head of SOHOT, the sect that was and still is running at your school. Whoever killed her, took her place in the rank.”
Natalie froze. She could not comprehend the revelation. What???
He came again. “That is how it works in SOHOT. Whoever kills the boss succeeds his office. In this case, her office. Please, beware that, your enemy and the rest of Hamerton’s is still out there.”
Natalie gulped. She was only a stone-throw from her!
But, it can’t be.
“Natalie?” Trevor called.
Natalie took in a deep breath. “Okay.” She said simply. She did not know what to add. She lost all words.
“Remember that I love you and that I think of you every single day.”
“I love you.” she replied.
The helicopter sounded, drawing away from the spot.
“Gotta go.” He said.
“Bye.” She bid and he hang up.
She remained there for some seconds, not knowing what step to take next. Trevor’s revelation on the operation of SOHOT was overwhelming to her.
Henry and Ingrid walked to her and Ingrid held her, helping her up.
“Ready?” Henry asked.
“Yes.” Natalie replied.
“What did he say?” Ingrid asked.
Natalie eyed her and said. “He only wanted us to be careful with the sect. He also misses me a lot.”
Ingrid smiled.
Henry took out a small metal case from his coat pocket and gave it to Natalie. “Inside this, is the missing piece in your badge.”
Natalie took it. “Thank you.”
“Okay. You will insert it in the gap in the back of the badge and further instructions will be handed to you later.”
Natalie nodded. “He told me that.”
“Thank you Henry. Please say hi to him for me, will you please?” Ingrid asked.
“Your phone.” Natalie said, interrupting Ingrid.
“Keep it. He could still use it to communicate with you.” Henry said and turned to Ingrid. “I will. My kind regards to you too.”
“Thank you.” Natalie said for all.
He turned around, leaving and Ingrid faced Natalie. “What did he say? Was he sorry for leaving you?”
“Let’s go Ingrid.” She said hoarsely and started out of the compound on her own.

Ingrid followed her, stunt. 



What will follow next? Stay tuned to find out!

©All rights reserved

kindly don't forget to drop your comments on the story Hamerton, wherever on the net with the hashtag #creativewritingHamerton . 
Ahsante, Thank you, Merci, Tack, Dank, Obrigado, Salamat...

No comments:

Post a Comment