Monday, October 12, 2015

HAMERTON 2 Chapter 1- episode 2

 HAMERTON 2
Thank you God for this opportunity.

Hamerton. A large school offering the finest Education to the students of the state and overseas. Natalie joins this school arriving from Brooklyn and she has grief over her lost friends who were murdered in Hamerton. She teams up with Ingrid and their fellow seniors against the House of Representatives to prevent a bomb blast that could cause a large massacre.

Previously on Hamerton; Natalie is the President of Hamerton and a senior student. Trevor is in perfect health and has joined University. He meets Kehlan who's information, Mr. Tommy and Corny have a lot to provide. 

Continue;


The door to Natalie’s office opened to reveal Ivan in the black uniforms of Hamerton. He had moved to study with Natalie a month before.
Natalie did not want to hear about the watch that she asked him to recover. She only wanted to embrace the company which he was very much willing to offer.
“Miss President?” he greeted, allowing himself in.
“Oh. It’s good that you are here Ivan.”
He walked to her desk and looked down on the file on top of it. “What’s that for?”
“Cheryl gave it to me to review. She wants it for the school magazine.”
“May I sit?” he asked.
She waved a hand to the chair in front of her desk. “Where are my manners? Of course you may.”
He sat. “You know, I am yet to adjust to your school. So, I don’t remember many names. Who is Cheryl?”
“The chief editor of HM. She also reports for HTV.”
He raised an inquisitive eyebrow. “Which is?”
She chuckled once. “Okay. HTV stands for Hamerton Television and HM for Hamerton Magazine.”
He nodded. “Nice.”
“Okay. Amh, the school is organizing for a ball dance or something.” She bent down and pulled a drawer from which she took out an envelope. “Check that out.”
He took the envelope and pulled out a handful of brochures. He separated one from the rest and scanned it with his eyes. “Don’t you need a sports prefect or someone for this thing?”
“Yes. But, my minister got a problem and he had to leave school.”
He glanced at her. “How can I be of assistance?”
“Oversee that everything goes perfect. Including the music. I think that, that will be a great opportunity for you to expose your skills as a DJ.”
He nodded. “Who will I need to look for from here? About this issue?”
“Oh. Amh, just find a couple of friends. And the deputy Minister of Sports. I’ll link him to you.”
He returned the brochures inside the envelope. “Thank you for this.”
“Welcome. So, tell me. What brings you here?”
“You.”
She raised her eyebrows. “Me?”
“Yes you. I want you to go out and see the light.”
“You are exaggerating. I do see the light.”
“Not when you come from the dormitory to the office and from the office to class and back to the dormitory.”
“You’re wrong. I go to the cafeteria for breakfast and dinner.”
“That doesn't excuse you from going out with me or anyone else for that matter.”
She rounded her eyes and turned to her file.
“Natalie. You are still on that guy. Trevor.”
She drew a deep sigh and looked at him. “I don’t want to talk about it.”
“Well you should. Get it over with. Natalie, face it. He felt better and practically abandoned you. No text from him no email. Maybe he never loved you.”
“Don’t say that.” She begged with tears tingling her eyes.
He drew forward and fetched her hand on the desk. “Natalie. I care for you. You are my friend and in Caitlin’s memory, I don’t want you to suffer.” He paused to take her response but, she remained silent. “Natalie. Please?”
She took her hand. “I don’t know how to follow your advice. Trevor’s a part of me that I will never get over with.”
He drew back. “You’re too young to say that.”
She scowled at him but stayed quiet.
He rose. “Since you have refused to take my advice, I will leave you now and work on what you have given me.”
She did not reply.
He shook his head a little. He pitied her.
When he left, Natalie did not know what to think. She did not want to believe that Trevor forgot her. Clearly he was fine. He had all the means to communicate with her. But, why choose not to?
She sighed. Maybe Ivan was right. She had to let go and move on. After all, there was no longer any bomb blasts. She might as well have her own blast.




Trevor walked down the stairs below the portico of the University domain building. From the distance, he picked a glance of a familiar figure standing in the open grounds beyond the building.
He grinned a little and followed the path to where his brother was.
Trevor thought that Kenneth came to visit him after the long while that they were apart.
Kenneth was wearing a black long-sleeved shirt and black trousers. He also had his hands on his waist, squinting his eyes below the scorching sun, as he watched Trevor approach him.
Trevor halted in front of him and they exchanged a light hand shake and a hug.
They drew to a shade under a London Plane.
“How are things bro?” Kenneth asked first.
“Okay so far. I keep a low profile just like dad asked.”
“Ah… father. He is always so protective.”
“And you? How’s your family?”
“Great. I thank God. Adam is walking now.”
Trevor nodded. “So, you named him Adam?”
“Yeap.”
Trevor looked around for a second and back at him. “Why don’t we get a special place to talk? I really missed you, you know.”
“I wish so too but, hey? Have you forgotten completely about Hamerton?”
Trevor furrowed his eyebrows. “No. Why?”
“Because. Nothing’s been put to rest. With your wicked principal around, everything is quite, the same.”
Trevor was confused. “I don’t understand.” He confessed. “Nicky’s dead. Some of the seniors and those belonging to the sect were apprehended. Madam Sue improved security and Natalie is now the senior President. What could be wrong?”
“Your principal and the House of Representatives.”
He frowned. “How are the HOR involved?”
“See, I finally got the full meaning of SOHOT. The sect that was and still is running in Hamerton.”
“What does it mean?”
Kenneth looked around for security and pressed a device in his right ear. There was a voice that Trevor also heard from a receiver in his own ear. “All clear.”
Kenneth looked at Trevor. “Secret Organization of the House Of Representatives.”
Trevor furrowed his eyebrows. “I don’t get it. If…” he paused, searching vainly on the ground. He glanced at Kenneth. “If it is as you say then. Why ‘T’ instead of ‘R’?”
“To make it more secretive.”
Trevor was silent for a while. Absorbing the few facts.
“Brother. You have to do something. I guarantee that the DEAD line of all Hamerton students is still on.”
“I don’t know what to do. My hands are tied. Dad keeps watching me.” He gasped. “Oh my God, Natalie.”
“I can cover for you with dad. Go to Hamerton. Natalie must know that she needs the missing piece of the badge.”
Trevor thought. “Kenneth. Even if you distract dad, what can we do about Corny? He must be listening to us right now.”
“No. I jeopardized their communication so that I can push through with this talk with you.”
“Who really are the HOR and what are they planning?”
“First of all, they don’t know that their comrades in Hamerton were murdered. Two, they will bring reinforcements for Archibald. They are more professional and very tactic.”
Trevor swallowed and nodded. “How do you know all these?”
“I’ve never stopped following up on Hamerton’s case. Especially after Mr. Dickson was discharged from the mental Hospital suddenly.”
“Mr. Dickson is?”
“Ralph’s class teacher.”
“He got sick?”
“That’s a story for another time but, he is involved with SOHOT.”
Trevor sighed again. “Do you know what happened to Steven?”
“He disappeared.”
“How?”
“Not clear but, he disappeared and was never heard from again.”
“Corny has no lead of him?”
“I don’t think so.”
Trevor took in a deep breath. “Kenneth please take care of father. I’ll take care of seeing Natalie.”
“And Corny?”
“I will have to find words to talk to him.”
“Will you be able to convince him to be on your side?”
“I have to. I have to rely on the chances that he will help me.”
Kenneth nodded. “I hope that we will get the chance to talk again and maybe you come to Paris with me to meet my family.”
Trevor smiled and initiated a hug with him.

 What will follow next? Stay tuned to find out!

©All rights reserved

kindly don't forget to drop your comments on the story Hamerton, wherever on the net with the hashtag #creativewritingHamerton . 
Ahsante, Thank you, Merci, Tack, Dank, Obrigado, Salamat.

No comments:

Post a Comment