Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Hamerton 2- Chapter 1- episode 3

HAMERTON 2
Thank you God for this opportunity.

Hamerton. A large school offering the finest Education to the students of the state and overseas. Natalie joins this school arriving from Brooklyn and she has grief over her lost friends who were murdered in Hamerton. She teams up with Ingrid and their fellow seniors against the House of Representatives to prevent a bomb blast that could cause a large massacre.

Previously on Hamerton 2; Ivan sees Natalie to talk to her about forgetting Trevor but, she is reluctant, claiming that she can not let him go. Kenneth sees Trevor and informs him about SOHOT and their plans to blow up the school. 

Continue;


Natalie sat across a dining table with Ingrid telling her about Ivan’s visit in her office and what he told her.
“What do you think Ingrid?” she asked afterward.
“I think that Ivan is partially right.”
“What?” Natalie retorted. “Why?”
“Because, though I think that Trevor has not actually deserted you, his abandoning you has no explanation.” She replied. “Natalie. Maybe it’s time for you to move on. Leave the past behind and carry on.”
“How?” Natalie carelessly asked.
“Go out with somebody. With Ivan for example.”
Natalie grimaced. “He was my best friend’s guy.”
“Your best friend is dead, Natalie. It has passed three years now and maybe up there, she doesn't want you to be lonely.”
Natalie looked down. She remembered Caitlin.
“Oh, Natty. If you must, follow your heart.”
“It belongs to Trevor. I can’t take him out. I have hope that he will look for me.”
“I hope that he does that because you my friend, is wasting away.”
Natalie was silent for a moment then asked. “Don’t you miss Steven? I mean, he was a bad guy but, you loved him nonetheless.”
“Maybe a little. But, I give myself a chance.”
Natalie giggled at this and Ingrid frowned.
“What?” Ingrid queered.
“I just remembered that over the past eight months, none of your relationships have worked.”
Ingrid shrugged at that. “I don’t know.” She paused to add emotionally. “Maybe I do have a missing piece in my heart as well.”
Natalie took her drink from the table and puffed. “C’mon? Let us not talk about gloomy stuff and discuss the affairs of your Ministry.”
Ingrid frowned. “Seriously Natalie? That’s gloomy than ever.”
“So what should we talk about?” Natalie asked, laughing.
“Boys.”
“Ingrid!” She snapped.
“See, see. That one over there.” Ingrid said pointing to a half-caste boy about 18. He was sitting in a third table from the girls. “And I bet that he has a crash on you.”



In a similar situation, Trevor sat behind a round table having his early dinner in the University cafeteria.
He had picked an outdoor table and sat on a wooden bench below a sycamore that was also embroidered with colorful lights.
The wind blew gently. He felt it around his nape.
There were other tables some meters from him and Kehlan sat on one of them with some girlfriends. When she saw him, she waved at him and he waved back.
“Shall I come?” she called.
He opened his mouth to reply before somebody called his name, approaching his table from the cafeteria exit.
“Hallow Trevor Tommy?”
Trevor smiled at the greeting of a very familiar lady.
She was averagely short and chubby with distinct red hair. She wore a blue-sweater and knee-length silver pants that glittered in the moonlight.
She walked to Trevor’s table and relinquished her plate on it.
“Hi Maggie.” Trevor greeted back.
“Is this seat occupied?”
“Maybe in a few seconds, yes.”
She offered her breathtaking smile and sat opposite him. “So, what’s up?”
Trevor forked noodles on his plate. “Nothing much.”
“Oh, you are not telling me about your girlfriend?”
Trevor broke into a laugh. “So, I see that news travel fast around campus.”
“Maybe. She tells everybody that you two are dating.”
“We only had breakfast together this morning. That doesn't mean anything.”
Maggie sipped her smoothie. “Mmh, really?”
He laughed again. “Maggie c’mon?”
“Alright.” She said and put her juice box on the table. “So, tell me what’s really up.”
He gave up an insincere grin and sighed. “Just down.”
She eyed him for a few seconds. She was concerned about him.
She slipped her hand in her pants’ pocket and took out a small handset. She tapped it twice and announced. “There, the microphone is off. No one can hear us now.” She paused to add again. “And I promise that I won’t tell Howls anything.”
He smiled. “Thank you Maggie. I actually need your support in this.”
“Yes?” she asked.
“Natalie’s life is in danger and I don’t know how to help her if my father keeps an eye on my every movement.” He paused, sighing. “I love her Maggie and I miss her so much. I couldn't stand if anything bad happened to her.”
“Aaw. I feel sorry for you. I couldn't imagine being separated from Howls either.”
“See? But, dad would not understand me. And it’s not only about me getting in touch with Natalie. It’s also about saving Hamerton. Kenneth came to see me today and told me that nothing was solved then. The sect’s evil plan will still push through and Natalie doesn't know about it.”
Maggie sighed feeling pity for him. “I must confess that your dad is only worried about you and his methods of protecting you are a bit extreme but, that’s how much he loves you. He is afraid of losing you. You gave us all a fright the last time and Mr. Tommy rather blames it on Hamerton.” 
“Maggie please? I promise that I’ll be careful. I am using my medication. I’ll, I’ll avoid getting agitated. I’ll just see Natalie and tell her what’s going on. Please?”
Maggie thought. “Tell me how I can help.”
“Thank you!” Trevor said, sighing with relief and fetching her hands on the table. “Kenneth promised to elude father that we are together as I go to Hamerton to talk to Natalie. I’ll only need you to talk to your husband.”
She raised her eyebrows. “What will I tell Howls? He’s in charge of taking care of you, he is going to panic if he hears that you are going back to Hamerton.”
“Maggie please? It’s only going to be for a couple of days. If you know the meaning of love and losing the one that means everything to you, then you will help me.”
She looked sullen for a while. “I don’t know how I will talk to Howls about this matter. He might never understand me.”
He squeezed her hands in his. “Please Maggie? He is your husband. You can try.”
“Okay.” She agreed and he kissed her fingers.
“Oh Maggie, thank you, thank you, thank you.”
“Stop it. We are not sure that he will listen to me anyway.”
“He will. I am sure of that.”
She took her hands and picked up her fork. “Okay. Tell me more about your girlfriend… Natalie.”
Trevor smiled. “Well. She is smart. She has a cute face. She has bright blue sparkling eyes…” he begun and went on dreamily.
He pictured her close to him. Sitting next to him at the table, having her hands around his neck and probably both of them, telling their life to Maggie.
Natalie was ever so kind and loving. She had the purest of love for him. She gave up herself to him and he could not stop worrying about what she was thinking of him. He left her without a trace of where he was or what he was doing.  
“Truly dad restrained me but, I haven’t made any effort on my part to reach her.” He told Maggie. “That’s why I want to make it right. I want to say I’m sorry and I want to explain to her everything.”
Maggie nodded. She was also done with her supper. “I understand you, Trevor. And, I pray that you mend things with her.”
He smiled with gladness. “Thank you Maggie. You really are a sweet woman.”
She chuckled a little and rose. “Okay. May I leave you now?”
“It’s alright Maggie.”
“Goodbye. I’ll text you when I’m done with Howls. Oh.” She said and turned to the handset on the table. “On in three, two, one.”
Trevor laughed. “He did that?”
Maggie laughed too. “Aah that guy of mine. Such a pest. Okay, Trevor bye.”
She said before Corny’s voice came in both their receivers. “I heard that Maggie.”
“Oh shut up…” she replied teasingly, leaving the table.


 What will follow next? Stay tuned to find out!

©All rights reserved

kindly don't forget to drop your comments on the story Hamerton, wherever on the net with the hashtag #creativewritingHamerton . 
Ahsante, Thank you, Merci, Tack, Dank, Obrigado, Salamat...

No comments:

Post a Comment