Tuesday, October 20, 2015

HAMERTON 2 Chapter 1- episode 9

HAMERTON 2
Thank you God for this opportunity.

Hamerton. A large school offering the finest Education to the students of the state and overseas. Natalie joins this school arriving from Brooklyn and she has grief over her lost friends who were murdered in Hamerton. She teams up with Ingrid and their fellow seniors against the House of Representatives to prevent a bomb blast that could cause a large massacre.

Previously on Hamerton; It happened that, Steven gave Natalie a gun, to use it in protecting Natalie and herself while he sacrificed himself to be known as the leader of SOHOT just in case Ingrid had to kill Nicky.

Continue;


Ingrid arrived at Natalie’s office later that day. After the brief moment at the park, the two had not talked much. Natalie was suddenly silent and rude to her.
They parted at the school gate. Natalie rushed back to her office and feeling offended, Ingrid retired to the dormitory.
After a while, Ingrid felt the need to address the issue and apart from that, there was a call for Natalie.
“Hello Ivan?” she greeted, walking to the secretary’s desk.
“Hi Ingrid.” He replied with a smile.
“Why are you still here? It’s late.”
He made a funny face, shrugging.
“Heey… there is something you’re cooking.”
He smiled, giving himself up. “I was hoping that after the ‘madam’ comes out, maybe we can have a drink.”
Ingrid grinned.
Just then the President’s door in front of them opened and Natalie appeared, looking very upset.
“Ivan!” she almost bawled. “Who came into my office while I was gone?”
Ivan drew his head back defensively. “I don’t think that anybody went in.”
“Are you sure?” Natalie asked reproachfully. “You did not let it out of your sight?”
“I only went for lunch at around 3.” Ivan replied.
Natalie frowned. “How could you leave while I was away?” she begun reprimanding him.
“Natalie!” Ingrid interrupted her. “What is wrong with you? Are you seriously going to reproach Ivan for going for lunch while you went out?”
Natalie twisted her head to face her. “My badge. It’s gone!”
Ingrid’s mouth dropped open with shock.
“But, you are wearing it.” Ivan said pointing at the blue badge on Natalie’s shirt pocket.
“No. It’s not this that I’m talking about.” Natalie said, sighing.
“Oh my God!” Ingrid exclaimed and walked to her at the office entrance.
Natalie let her in.
“But, did you look everywhere?” Ingrid asked throwing her glance around the room.
“Yes.” Natalie said and trod to her desk. She pulled a drawer on the front part of the desk. “It was right here. This is where I always put it.”
“So, who could have taken it?” Ingrid asked in obvious surprise.
Natalie turned to Ingrid, scowling at her.
“Why that look on your face?” Ingrid asked.
“You took it.” She claimed.
“What?” Ingrid asked with disbelief. She frowned at Natalie. “How can you say that? I was with you the whole time. Why would you think that I could steal something that could serve as a help to save the whole school?”
Natalie glared at her. “You are-” she begun before Ivan walked in.
“Miss President. You have a call.” He said.
She eyed Ingrid and turned to Ivan. “Who is it? Bring him on the line.” She said and rounded her desk to sit on her chair.
“I don’t think that I can make the connection from the dorm to here.” He said. His cheer was gone. Glancing at him, Ingrid thought that it was because of how Natalie treated him.
Natalie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.
“It’s your mother.” Ingrid said, tapping her foot to control her anger. She was very mad at Natalie for her awkward behavior.
Natalie took a moment and rose from her seat. “Okay.” She said to Ivan and turned to Ingrid.
“Before you say anything.” Ingrid said first. “I am going to help you find the badge.”
Natalie was still undecided about that but, she left anyway.



“Hallow?” Natalie called over the phone after receiving it from her matron. She drew to the exit of the room and took it. “Mom?”
“Hallow Natalie?” Mrs. Bradley sounded over the phone. “Are you doing okay?”
Natalie sighed. She was not any close to okay. “I’m great.” She lied.
“Nice to hear from you dear. I really miss you.”
Natalie managed a smile. She stared at the chocolate colored corridor wall opposite her. There was a lopsidedly set portrait. “I miss you too mom.”
“Thanks dear.”
“How’s the baby doing? Has he learned to walk?”
“Honey? He’s barely six months old.”
Natalie laughed a little. “Sorry. I was only teasing you.”
Mom sounded sighing. “Well, it’s a pity that neither you nor Nathan were here when Nathanael was brought into this world. He doesn't even know you.”
“He will get to know me. Tell him to be patient for just a few more months.” She said and added. “Tell me mom? How’s New York?”
“I couldn't say much. I hardly go out. But, honey? Tell me about you. You know that we haven’t talked in a while. And I honestly want to know what is going on in my daughter’s life.”
Natalie found a lying stool and raised it. She sat on it. “Your daughter has been very lonely mom.” She said sincerely. “With one of my friends gone and the other absent, I have been feeling very alone.”
“Really sweetie? A little bird told me that you had a boyfriend.”
Natalie chuckled. “Not just one.”
“What?” Mom asked in panic.
Natalie laughed. “C’mon mom, I’m just making fun of you. Seriously, I haven’t had a boyfriend ever since I became President. No time for that.”
“So you had one?”
Natalie was silent, judging her mother’s tone. “Amh… Why do you ask?”
“Natalie, I thought that we are supposed to talk about these things.” Mom said, whining.
“Mom. I didn't mean to keep anything from you. I just didn’t think that it was important to let you know.”
“I am your mother.”
Natalie was silent, out of words.
“Natalie?”
“Mom?”
“Is the guy a rich person? Did he take advantage of you?”
Natalie rose, rubbing the fingers of her free palm together. “Amh… By advantage you mean?”
“Did he sleep with you?”
Natalie widened her eyes. “No. no.” she denied defiantly and raised her tone. “Mom. Why are you asking me all these?”
“Oh. Thank God dear. You are safe. I should have known that, that boy was lying to me. I trust you my dear daughter.”
Natalie swallowed, narrowing her eyes. “Who is that boy mom?”
“Simon! Can you believe that he even told me that your boyfriend, maybe now an ex, came to America and shot his friend?” Mrs. Bradley asked and laughed to herself. “Who could believe that? You are sweet dear. You couldn't possibly socialize with criminals.”
Natalie’s face had folded in anger. “Mom? The only criminal here is Simon. I do not believe that he is back from his hiding either. If you knew what he did to me, you would never trust him again.”
“Oh I’m not going to trust him again. He drinks. How much I thank God that you are far from him. I get Goosebumps just imagining that you were close to him or something.”
Natalie’s mouth stayed shut. What her mom was imagining was a story for another time. 
“Do you lack anything dear? I am going back to the office on Monday. If you need anything, probably I could get you at the end of the following week or… if it’s urgent, I’ll see if your father can send you anything.”
“Mom, I’m fine. You need not worry.” Natalie assured her.
“Okay. But, if you ever need anything, don’t hesitate to call me. Don’t ask anything from a man dear. It’s not proper. I taught you that.”
I am going to get you, Simon for this. Natalie thought in anger and told her mom, “Yes mom. I remember that.”
“Okay. It’s good to hear that you are fine. I love you dear.”
“I love you too mom.”
“Good bye.”
“Wait. Mom?”
“Yes honey?”
Natalie strolled on the silent corridor looking down as she said. “You don’t have to work if you still can’t.”
“I’m alright.”
“What about the baby?”
“Greyson, Mrs. Grey’s grandson is here. He has his difficulties but, he can help.”
“Mom, do you honestly trust Grey with Nathaniel?” she asked. She obviously had no confidence on the boy in question.
“If I give him a good tip he could be good.”
“What happened to Mrs. Grey?”
“Natalie?” Mom called reprovingly. “The lady has been gone for over three months now. Why do you think that Grey is living here?”
Natalie gasped. “What? Mrs. Grey died? How?”
“Well, she was older than she looked. It was only age that killed her.”
Natalie sighed. “May her soul rest in peace. So, Grey is staying at our house?”
“Yes.”
“Oh… Okay but, if you don’t mind me asking, what happened to his mom? Isn't she going to live with him?”
“The girl has been going around the world on adventures. She doesn't care about her son. It’s just like she damped him to me.”
“Oh. I am so sorry mom and I feel sorry for Grey too.”
“So, you understand why I have to work? I have to support You, Grey and Nathanael.”
“But, dad is doing everything.”
“No doubt. I will at least, share the burden.”
Natalie sighed. “I just hope that one day, all of our troubles will end.”
“We are in no trouble compared to what other people are going through. Nathan tells me that where he works, there are people who live in poverty. The kids don’t have education and they wonder around, begging. He hopes that once he has succeeded, he could start our own fund to help the less privileged children in Africa.”
“That will be a good thing.” Natalie consented.
“Yes dear. So, don’t feel bad. Whenever you think that you are in need pray. Don’t ever think that you are alone. We are here to support you and more than that, there is God.”
Natalie smiled. “Thank you mom. I will always remember that.”
“You are welcome dear. Take care.”
“Kiss Nathaniel for me, will you please?”
“I surely will.” Mom said and hang up.
Natalie lowered the phone. What her mom told her about Simon confused her. He was back and he went straight to fill her mom with ideas. Ideas that were largely true.
But, he had no right to tell my mom anything. She defended herself.

She decided to set that aside and focus on the missing badge. 



What will follow next? Stay tuned to find out!

©All rights reserved

kindly don't forget to drop your comments on the story Hamerton, wherever on the net with the hashtag #creativewritingHamerton . 
Ahsante, Thank you, Merci, Tack, Dank, Obrigado, Salamat...

No comments:

Post a Comment