Monday, September 26, 2016

TWO WEEKS - Episode 9

Later that night, Wayne sat on his bed in the night light.
He already got the bags for Vicky and developed his group’s assignment. Now, he was struggling to stay awake after an hour of a horrible night.
The nightmares that he usually had, made his ‘1/3rd of life’ almost impossible. He closed his eyes at twilight, only to find himself in gruesome sites, facing ethereal creatures. His fears confronted him in his sleep and because of his problem, he forgot the last time he had a real rest.
What’s wrong with me?  He asked himself and drew a deep sigh.
He turned to the stand and picked up a syringe with a dose of anesthesia. He already used five of them over the past week, to force himself to an undisturbed sleep and whenever he did, he had a drowsy day afterward. 
The problem was becoming chronic and Wayne was scared of having to involve a psychiatrist. It was not going to be good for his image.
He eyed the fluid inside the syringe tube for some seconds, despairing the fact of needing to use it.
He lowered it down to his arm just when his cell phone that was beside the pillow, lit up and begun buzzing, displaying his father’s name.
Mom. Wayne thought and sighed deeply. He was supposed to have gone to see her the previous day.
He took some time, debating whether he should receive the call or not. He only agreed to receive it when the call ended, relinquishing the syringe on his lap.
He stretched himself to pick his phone, without knowing that the needle dropped under his leg.
He grasped the phone at the cost of piercing his right leg with the needle and it, breaking in his calf.
“Ouch ouch ouch!” he cried, jumping out of the bed quickly.
He dropped the phone on the floor, feeling his leg that was in great pain.
Now he really cried. The new phone’s screen had a crack and it slithered many feet from himself.
Trying to reach for it, the aching leg prevented him.
“Ouch!” he shouted and cursed, dropping on his knees. “Oh God what’s happening to me?” he asked, calling onto Him who he seldom turned to before.
He panted, holding the back of his leg. He dragged himself to the corner of his dim lit room where his phone fell and leaned on the wall, tapping it to dial someone.

                                                                              #

Some kilometers away, Vicky sat with Annie planning on the next day’s budget.
They placed a notepad before themselves, sitting cross-legged on Vicky’s bed. Annie used her cellphone as a calculator.
“So, you’ll need two pounds?” Annie asked, taping the figures on her phone. “That plus the 3.5 dollars for oil and everything else.”
“6 dollars?” Vicky asked.
“Yes.” Annie agreed, when the right answer read on the phone screen.
“That’s good. And if we sell each pack for 50 cents, if God wishes we can get a profit of-“
“Wayne.” Annie interrupted her, staring at the name on the screen.
“Wayne?” Vicky asked, turning to Annie with queer on her face.
“Yeah. He’s calling me.” Annie explained and slid her finger on the screen. “Hallow? Haven’t you slept yet?” She greeted, before her facial expression changed to seriousness. “What? Are you alright?”
Vicky became alarmed. Something was wrong with Wayne.
“No, no. You can’t get it out on your own. We have to get you to the hospital.” Annie warned over the phone, hastily getting her legs off the bed.
“Is he okay?” Vicky asked in a whisper.
Annie shook her head in response and went on, “I’ll call my mom. But, stay put and don’t move much okay? If you are telling me that, the syringe was dosed, then you could become unconscious or something. That is very dangerous. I’m on my way.”
Vicky sighed. She was also becoming anxious with worry.
“Yes. I remember the combination.” Annie added, hastily slipping her feet into her bedtime slippers on the floor. “I’m coming.” She concluded and lowered the phone, hanging up. “It was Wayne. He was about to use a dose of anesthesia and accidentally, broke the syringe into his leg.”
Vicky gasped. “Oh my God. I know how bad that is.” She said and got off the bed. “Let me come with you.”
“No, no. It’s alright Vicky.” Annie said, tapping her phone and about to leave. “Me and my mom can handle everything. I’m calling her now.” She said and placed her phone against her ear. “You do what you do best, pray.”
Vicky nodded and Annie left.
She got on her knees immediately and bowed her head on the bed, shutting her eyes to pray for Wayne.
“Oh Lord” she begun, “thank you for this night and for helping me to talk to my mother. You are a Great and Awesome God and I glorify your name for keeping on revealing yourself in my life. Please forgive me for all the wrongs that, I have done against you and all the wrongs that, my family and my friends may have done against you.
“Jesus I ask you to heal my friend Wayne and reveal yourself in his life. I know that you have a purpose for him and for everyone else in our lives and the devil has no right to snatch him out of your grip either by sin or by accident.
“God please forgive his wrongs and through this test, give him a testimony. I know that, regardless of how we appear to be now, we are meant for great things in your kingdom. The Bible says in Ephesians 3:20 that; Now to him by the power that is at work within us, is able to do far more abundantly than what we think or what we ask. God you are able to perform miracles. You are able to change people and I believe that, you are able to help Wayne in whatever he is going through, that, I feel in my heart. God you are able.” She said and paused, releasing a tear.
She continued praying for him very sensitively for the following forty minutes.
When she finally felt peace in her heart, she made a cross sign and wiped her face, rising.
She sat on the bed for a while, thinking about the thing she thought of asking Wayne before he left.
During prayers, Vicky felt the burden to pray for him. She felt that, something was greatly troubling him. She did not know why but, frequently, he became the subject and focal point of her private prayers.
As she continued wondering, the land line phone rang in the living room and she got on her feet quickly, running out of the room to receive it.
“Hallow?” she called, immediately after picking up the receiver. “Annie and Vicky’s residence. How may I help you?”
“Oh Vicky it’s me.” It was Annie. “It’s a good thing that you are awake.”
“Annie. How is he?” Vicky asked, desperately.
“The doctor says that he is going to be fine. We found him while he was already unconscious though. The needle did not sink deep into his body. They are removing it right now.”
Vicky sighed with relief. “That is great. Thank God. Where are you? Which hospital are you in?”
“We are in the Ortegun clinic. But, do not bother coming. I will bring you here later today if he will not be out already.”
Vicky smiled. “Thank you.”
“It’s okay. I called his pals. Only one of them was awake but, as I expected, drunk.”
Vicky rounded her eyes. “He has such a bad company.”
“I’ll tell him that when he comes out of the surgery.”
“Please tell him that he will be fine.”
“Sure Vicky. He will. Now, I gotta go. I see the doctor approaching.”
“Okay, okay. Later.” Vicky bid before Annie hang up.
She thanked God while replacing the receiver back on its place and then locked the doors, retiring to her room for rest.

                                                                              #

No comments:

Post a Comment