Wednesday, September 28, 2016

TWO WEEKS - Episode 26 (Healing)


From the upper room of the house, Mrs. Harts could hear the commotion outside.
She followed the events from the moment the kids were making noise and the dogs were barking. Right then, she asked her husband, who was now out, to check who had arrived.
As she lied on her matrimonial bed, helpless and in terrible condition, Mrs. Harts stared emptily at the door of the room, opposite her.
She waited for it to open just one last time.
Three days ago, Dr. Fischer said that, she was surely going to die.
For a time, she saw people whose funerals she had visited, coming to see her. Even now, her mother stood beside her, by the bed, with her palms holding together, wearing her favorite dress.
‘You still have hope?’ Mom was asking.
Mrs. Harts did not look at her. “He is here.”
‘Veronica darling. I know how you feel. I felt the same way before I had to leave you.’
Mrs. Harts shut her eyes lazily, swallowing with difficulty. She reopened them again. “You’re not real.”
‘You honestly don’t think that or do you?’
Mrs. Harts was silent. She was so angry at her condition and the words of her mother aggravated her.
They had no good relationship when mom was still alive and Mrs. Harts believed that, the curse flowed to her own generation. She frowned and snapped. “I do.”
‘You don’t believe that!’ Mom shouted. ‘I waited for you Veronica but, you never walked through that door!’ She cried.
“My son’s back. That changes everything.” Mrs. Harts said loudly.
‘No!’ Mom shouted. ‘You’re coming with me! You’re coming, now!’ She declared.
Immediately, Mrs. Harts gasped, popping out her eyes and feeling her breath being taken out of her.
Suddenly, the room became noisy and her vision became blur.
She struggled, releasing tears of pain, trying to maintain her focus on the door.
She felt her throat being turned within her neck and the pangs of the most painful death, seizing her.
She felt so grievous when she could no longer keep her eyes open.
Amidst the screams and shattering glass sounds, she heard the door burst open and somebody shouting; ‘Jesus!’
At the mention of the name; Mrs. Harts felt a short relief.
“In the name of Jesus!” The voice came again stressfully. “I cast out the spirit of death in this room!”
Mrs. Harts heard the clanging noise subside. Now, the only voices she heard were the echo of shouts and a name repeated; Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.
She swallowed, marveling at the lightening of the pangs on her body and of the grip around her throat.
She heard a pleading and the voice of who made it, was clear in Mrs. Harts’ ears.
“Father please? I beg you to heal my mother in the name of Jesus.” It was Astrophe.
He drew close to Mrs. Harts and she felt it because of the warmth coming close to her head.
Maybe he was standing at her head and praying for her.
“Jesus. You said that; we will lay our hands on the sick and they will recover. Please, heal my mother now and make me realize that, you are God and art powerful.”
He said placed his stretched palm resting over her forehead.
Immediately, Mrs. Harts felt like a shock run through her body. Though, the shock was more powerful than the last one, it was not violent or agonizing.
In an instant, she felt like, throngs that had limited her body released her.
She had no pain and strangely, she felt hungry.
She opened her eyes and saw Astrophe, clearly now, along with her husband and firstborn son, standing behind him.
Astrophe looked amazed and he broke into a cry, thanking God.
Mr. Harts (Wayne's dad) also stared shockingly at his wife, being estranged by the recovery she portrayed.
Chris was baffled. “Mom.” He called.
Astrophe turned from looking at the heavens and down to her mother. He embraced her strongly. Crying he said, “Mom. Mom, I’m so sorry.”
Mrs. Harts was still in shock while her whole family held her. She looked for her mom but, she could not find her.
She broke into a laughter, puzzling everyone in the room.
They boys drew back, wiping their tears.
“Mom. Are you alright?” Chris was asking.
Mrs. Harts easily sat up, to everybody’s amazement. “I’m healed!" She reckoned aloud. “I’m healed. I don’t feel any pain!" She shouted.
Astrophe smiled.
Mr. Harts laughed and embraced her wife as she rose from the bed.
“Oh honey.” He cried and kissed her.
Chris hugged Wayne, crying with him.
“Oh. Thank you, thank you.” Mrs. Harts said gratefully, holding with her husband.
They parted and turned to the boys.
“Astrophe my son.” She called him and threw her hands around him.
“I’m sorry mom, I did everything wrong to you,” he cried.
Mrs. Harts drew back and kissed her son’s forehead. “Forget about that.” She relieved him. “I thought that, I’d never see you again.”
Wayne cried.
Mom drew back. “Thank you.”
“It’s Jesus mom. We should all thank Jesus for your healing.”
Dad drew closer. “Jesus. He could do that?”
Wayne turned to him. “Yes dad. He healed mom. Just like he promised me.”
“Jesus.” Christopher repeated. “That’s amazing.”
“I want to know more about him.” Mom said nodding.
“He is the savior of our lives. He is a healer. He is a Dad. He is the creator of heaven and earth.” Wayne declared.
“I don’t understand.” Chris confessed. “I’ve heard of Jesus but, I never believed that he existed or he could do such miracles.”
Wayne nodded to him. “He does that and more.” He turned to his father. “Can we all be acquainted with this God?”
Dad nodded along with mom.
“Okay. Please, I want you to repeat after me.”
“Okay.” Mom replied instantly.
“Our Father.”
“Our Father.” The family chorused with their eyes closed.
“Thank you because you love us. So, much.”
“Thank you because you love us. So, much.” They repeated emotionally.
“Thank you for the demonstration of mom’s healing.”
“Thank you for the demonstration of mom’s healing.”
“Thank you for the demonstration of my healing.” Mom said.
“In the name of Jesus.” Wayne went on, joyfully.
“In the name of Jesus.” They repeated.
“I receive Jesus Christ as the Savior of my life.”
“I receive Jesus Christ as the Savior of my life.”
“And I ask that you would forgive all my sins.”
“And I ask that you would forgive all my sins.”
“In the name of Jesus Christ.”
“In the name of Jesus Christ.”
“Amen.”
“Amen.”
They all opened their eyes and smiled at each other.
“It’s a great day in heaven.” Wayne said with a smile on his face.
“We should have a celebration of our own.” Dad suggested, having his arm around his wife.
The boys laughed happily.
“Yes dad.” Wayne replied. “But, since we are so thankful to God and well, we missed a lot of time being together, let us all get ready and meet downstairs for catching up. I will have a Word ready and we can all share it and glorify God.”
“Yeah. You are right.” Chris agreed. “It’s marvelous what God has just done to our family. You know, I still can’t believe that, mom is healed just like that. We thought that, she was going to die.”
Mom shook her head sympathetically. “I thank you Jesus.”
“God is wonderful and he loves us.” Dad acknowledged.
“We were such a wreck of a family you know.” Chris added
“I thank God for his greatness and mercies.” Wayne said.
“Amen, Amen.” The others replied in turns.
“So, boys? Catch us down stairs while I and your mom prepare for the small re-union chitchat.” Dad said, looking at his wife.
Mom smiled at him.
“Chris, will you help me get, something ready for lunch?”
“Please get to that. I’m starving.” Mom interjected.
The family laughed.
Chris nodded. “Sure bro. Whatchu making?”
“Follow me.” Wayne replied instead.
They left together out of the room and Mr. Harts turned to his wife.

                                                                              #

The couple sat on the bed being full of smiles on their faces.
“I thank God for you darling.” Dad said.
“Thank you dear. It’s marvelous. In a second.” She shook her head with disbelief and looked up to the havens. “He is God.”
“We should begin to go to church and thank him. Mrs. Wendy has always invited us.”
Mrs. Harts nodded in agreement. “Yes. We have to turn toward him completely. We should also have a thanksgiving offering.”
“Yeah. I’ve thought of that, the moment we were thanking Jesus.”
Mrs. Harts smiled. “I thank God for Astrophe.”
“Yes. The boy has changed.”
“Oh, I could never have dreamed of this day. Half of my life, I spent on this bed; I could never watch my sons grow up; I could think of them as monsters.
"The day Astrophe left this house, I was sure that, I would never see him again but, behold; Jesus brought him back.” She said and sighed deeply, releasing tears of gratitude. “I thank this God. I want to serve him forever.”
“He loves us so unconditionally honey. We haven’t given him anything but, he brought our son back and he brought you back. Let us live toward him. In any circumstances, I know that, God loves us and he is very powerful.”
Mom wiped her tears and nodded. “Let’s praise him honey. I don’t want to miss out a thing that involves God. We are going to go to church, we are going to read the Bible and we are going to pray.”
“Amen honey. I am with you in that 100%. Let us see more of Jesus in our lives.” Dad said before the wooden floor of the room begun to vibrate from the music downstairs.
“That is Apphy.” Mom reckoned.
“But now, hear the words of the song.”

There is Salvation in no one else!
Except Jesus Christ who died for us.
For there’s no other name given among men!
By which we might be saved.

“Amen.” Mom said after the refrain sounded. “The song is true and good.”
“It is good that our son nowadays plays gospel music.” Dad said.
“I wouldn’t want to hear any other sound after what God did to me.” Mom added.
Dad nodded.

                                                                              #

watch out for more, coming up on multtalentedp.blogspot.com

#twoweeksstory

No comments:

Post a Comment