Thursday, September 29, 2016

TWO WEEKS - Episode 28

Back in campus, Gregory stood outside the door of Posh’s apartment.
He carried foodstuff in a bag and was there to see Posh as well as Miley, who moved in to stay with her.
Since the day before, the girls became good friends. More than that, class 100 was more united. They made shifts to see Mike in the hospital and Posh, at her apartment, to encourage her. 
When the door was opened, Posh was standing at the threshold, dressed in a black silk shirt and blue denim trousers. She covered part of her purple hair with a dark head kerchief that also matched with a small hand bag she carried.
“Posh?” Gregory greeted.
“Greg. Come in.” She invited him in, opening the door wide.
He entered the house and asked, “You are going out?”
“Yeah. To the hospital to see Mike.”
He nodded.
“How is he?” She asked.
“He was with the guys when I left. He’s making a remarkable recovery.”
“We have been praying for him.”
“Oh. Thank you. And the pastor, you know him? From the doctorate school of theology? He’s gone to see Mike.”
“It’s the right time I guess. I’ll also get to hear the words of God.” She said, smiling.
“Amen. Is Miley in?”
“She is in the kitchen.”
“Okay. I’ll just see her.”
She nodded. “Take your time.”
He thanked her and she left.

                                                                              #

Gregory put the bag on a table inside the room and took a corridor to where humming sounds came from.
He paused at the threshold of the kitchen watching Miley pick out a couple of plates from the cupboard, humming the Salvation song.
“Hey.” He greeted.
She span around quickly and greeted him with a gasp. “My. You scared me.”
“Sorry,” he said.
She sighed. “What’s up? How’s Mike?”
“Doing great. We thank God.”
“Amen. We have been praying for him.”
Gregory smiled. “Thank you for taking care of Posh. She’s more stable than I expected.”
“It’s hardly my doing. She’s been reading the Bible.”
He smiled. “God is great.”
She nodded. “Great enough to inspire me too.”
He raised his eyebrows in surprise. “Yeah?”
She smiled and nodded. “I’ve come to realize that, it is a waste of time; a life without God. He gives us all the important things; better performance, brighter future; overflowing blessings and love.”
He smiled broadly. “I am happy for you.”
She smiled back. “Thank you,” She said and turned back to the cupboard, storing the plates properly. “Would you like a glass of mango juice?”
Now Gregory, instead of responding with a yes or no, shook his trouser pockets and some keys sounded jiggling. “Amh. Would you like to go out for lunch?” He asked back.
She laughed a little. “C’mon Greg, you don’t have to beat around the bush. You want to know if I agree to marry you and,” she took in a deep breath, taking her time as she knew that his heartbeat ran fast.
“Yes.” She exhaled, drawing elation from his face. She laughed at that. “You should see yourself.”
“Thanks God.” He sighed with relief and walked closer to her. “Thank you Miley.”
“Aaw,” she begun, receiving his hug. “It took me time to see it but, you are the perfect man for me.”
He withdrew and smiled. “I have been praying for this over the past two weeks. That day you shut me out, I never thought that, I’ll ever have you accept me again.”
“I was wrong to reject you because you decided to follow God. There’s nothing right than that on this earth. God is everything.” She admitted.
He smiled at her, staring at her with disbelief.
She rested her forehead on his. “Let’s pray to God and set the date for our wedding. The past is gone, Greg. God is going to help us build a very good future.”
He shut his eyes. “I want us to get engaged in church. The college chapel. But, I want to give you the best wedding. One that you will never forget.”
She smiled and thanked him in a whisper.
He drew back. “Okay. I will not be able to control myself around you, Miley.” He confessed and she laughed a little. “Seriously. Get ready and we drive to Boston to see your parents and my cousin and; I’ll call my uncle so he meets us tomorrow when he arrives New York.”
She smiled with excitement, showing her teeth. “Okay. Your uncle, uncle, Matthias?”
“Yes. The Father. He always wanted me to settle down with one woman but, I wouldn’t agree until fourteen days ago. Now, I am sure that, I want to marry you, Miley. God has told me so.”
She was overwhelmed by his statement. “Thank you Gregory.”
He smiled a little and sighed. “I believe that my parents, wherever they are, they are happy for me.”
“They would be in heaven, Greg. And they are very happy for you.”
He took in her words, grinning shortly. “Amen. So, I’ll be in the living room. Can you be ready in five minutes?”
She shook her head, laughing. “I’m going to see my folks, Greg and they don’t know I’m coming with a man. I have to make phone calls, talk to my sister; plan what to take to them.”
“Oh, we can do that on the way.”
“I’d rather I do that before moving a step from here.”
He nodded. “Alright,” he said and took out his phone. “You can use this.”
She shook her head again. “I don’t want to freak mom out. I’ll fetch my phone in Posh’s bedroom.”
He grimaced. “Are your parents that strict?”
She nodded. “Yeah. You don’t wanna know.”
“Do you think they’ll reject me?”
“They’ll probably think that I should have my bachelor first before getting married but, they will be okay with you.”
“Oh. I hope I will be able to convince them that, we won’t have any kids before we graduate.”
“I’ll handle that” She told him. “Okay. I’ll just…” She begun, pointing upstairs. Maybe she meant to dress.
“I’ll wait in the living room.” He said and they parted.

                                                                              #

Posh took in a deep breath, asking God for strength before pushing the loosely opened door into Mike’s ward.
She found Mike seated on a bed, listening attentively to Pastor Pat. She knew the pastor from the fellowship house that she usually passed, heading to campus.
When the door opened, the pastor, who sat next to the bed and Mike, turned to the entrance.
The pastor smiled but, Mike seemed surprised.
“Hallow?” She greeted.
“Hallow. Come in. Alexandra, right?” The pastor asked.
Posh walked across the room and stood at the foot of the bed. “Yes. You know me?”
“He just told me about you.”
Posh glanced at Mike at the pastor’s statement. “Mike?”
“I told him about my friends. Mr. Patterson has high sense of humor.”
The pastor laughed.
Posh felt like giggling.
“Have a seat, please?” The pastor asked, waving to a chair on the other side of the bed.
Posh walked to it and sat. “How are you doing?” She asked Mike.
“Better, I thank God.”
“Where is Astrophe? The mascot leader.” The pastor asked, drawing the youths’ attention.
“Maybe he went to record with the Faith band.” Posh replied to him.
“No, he left to Ohio.” Mike said.
“Oh. I wanted to have you all together.”
“Yes pastor?” Posh asked.
“I just want to share with you the word of God. The bond between you four is very strong. I love the way you took care of each other, physically and then, spiritually.”
Posh furrowed her eyebrows. “I don’t understand.”
“It all begun with Wayne receiving Christ, pastor. We weren’t better off before. Now, because of him and Gregory converting to Christianity, the whole class has changed.” Mike said to the pastor.
Posh glanced at him and back at the pastor. “You have a word for us, pastor?”
“Yes.” The man of God replied and opened a Bible that was in his hand. “I would like to read Psalm 133 to you.”
“Amen. Go ahead pastor.” Mike told him.
The man of God nodded and begun to read from Psalm 133:1. “The Bible says; behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!” He turned to them. “God blesses all relationships. Those with blood ties and those without blood ties. Verse three of the same chapter reads,” he said and added from the Bible, “for there the Lord has commanded the blessing, even life forever more.”
“God knows our friendship?” Posh asked.
“Yes” the pastor replied. “And he saved your friend Astrophe for your sakes. God has a purpose with your lives.”
“It is amazing how God works.” Mike reckoned. “Wayne came to make me realize a life of wrong that I was living. Now, in Jesus, I’ve found peace. I just pray to get out of here and go ahead with, mending my life.”
Posh turned to him. “Wayne told you about Jesus too?”
He nodded to her. “Yap and you?”
“Yes,” she agreed. “I’ve also felt different after receiving Jesus.”
“The love of God changes us,” the pastor said.
“Yes” Posh agreed and turned to Mike. “Mike, I am sorry for what I did to you.”
He looked warmly at her. “It’s alright. It was my fault that you became upset anyway.”
The pastor glanced at the two and rose. “I will be outside with the rest of the class 100 who are here.”
Mike turned to him. “More words of God, pastor?”
Pastor Pat smiled. “Yes. I’ll be back. You two need to talk.”
Mike was silent as was Posh.
The pastor left.
There was silence for a short while, until Mike spoke.
“Do you remember the African girl?” He asked, opening the conversation with Posh.
She nodded. “They call her Vicky Prettiz. She is very famous because of her cooking and her singing.”
“She was right about God. We should never have rejected her proposal.”
“You have already received Christ, Mike, and so have I. It is not late for God to change us.”
He nodded. “I have no doubt about that. Wayne recommended that we read the Bible often.” He said and added. “Didn’t he text you that, his mom, who was sick, was immediately healed after he prayed for her?”
Posh became amazed. “No, no. I didn’t know whether his mom was sick.” She said, searching her handbag on her lap, for her cellphone. “I haven’t checked my phone,” she added, retrieving it.
“Check it out.”
“Here is one unread message,” she said, pressing the buttons of her phone. “Amh. He says; Hi guys. Thank you for your prayers. I never told you but, my ma was sick. My dad called me four weeks ago, our last night together at the college club, and told me how mom was sick and that, she was going to die. All the past week after turning to Jesus, I was praying and fasting for my mom’s healing. God enabled me to get the permit to leave campus and return to Ohio to see her. She was dying when I arrived home but, I prayed to God and laid my hand on her in the name of Jesus. My mom was immediately healed from Cancer, instantly.” She read and paused, staring shockingly at Mike.
Mike was not too surprised. “Yeah. Go on.”
“Wow.” Posh said and turned back to the phone, concluding. “I am so happy guys and relieved. I thank God for the healing of mom and I believe that, he is going to heal you too, Mike. Jesus is able and he is so good, keep asking him. Ps. Read Jeremiah 30:17”
“Amen.” Mike said nodding.
“It’s unbelievable.” Posh reckoned. “Wow, God is so powerful.”
“It’s encouraging. I wonder where we were all this time. The devil is such a liar.”
She smiled, nodding her head as she reckoned, “truly. God is good.”
"Amen." He agreed.
She read the message silently again and asked him, “Have you read this verse?”
“Yes.” He said. “The pastor’s Bible. Oh. He left it.” He stretched his left arm to the Bible beside his lap and opened it. “Jeremiah 30, right?”
“Yeah, 30, 17.” She replied.
“Amh. The verse goes; for I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the Lord, because they have called thee an outcast, saying this is Zion for whom no man seeketh after” he read and said,  “Amen.”
“So, God promises to heal you.” She elaborated to him.
“Yes.” He agreed. “How is your case going?”
She packed her phone. “I’m out on bail.”
“Can’t I just say that you didn’t shoot me?” He asked, indignantly.
“I confessed. I will get out of this. Thank you for worrying about me.”
He sighed. “Who is fighting for you in court?”
“I haven’t gone to court yet. There’s no need. But, Mr. Hurts is my lawyer.”
“So, who’s accusing you?”
“The police department.”
“Can’t I just file a statement to omit everything and claim that they should no longer persecute you?”
She shrugged. “I don’t know but, I’ll be fine, Mike, don’t worry.”
“No. Tell me, what is the punishment you’ll get?”
“Maybe public chores. They know that I’m in school.”
He sighed.
She looked pitifully at him. “I will be alright. I’m ready for it and besides that, Jesus will take care of me.”
“Alright.” He consented at last.
“So, how are you feeling?” She inquired.
“I broke a shoulder blade. It’s a good thing that I’m left handed.”
“Will it heal?” She asked, feeling worried. 
He smiled at her. “Of course, with God all things are possible.”
Posh smiled at her and they continued chatting for a long while.
The pastor returned later bringing lunch with him and they all ate together joyfully.
God had replaced the four’s terrible unsatisfied life with joy and peace.

                                                                              #

watch out for the final part of this story...
right here @ multtalentedp.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment