Wednesday, September 28, 2016

TWO WEEKS - Episode 24

PART II : FINAL EPISODE

Wayne stood for some time beside Mike’s bed. The doctors had said that, Mike was going to recover soon as, blood was being transmitted to him. 
Watching Mike lay pale on the bed, Wayne prayed sensitively for his recuperation.
At one time, he opened his eyes, glanced at Mike and sighed, making the decision of leaving and return later in the evening.
“Water.”
Wayne heard a whisper that made him turn back to the bed.
“Water," Mike murmured with his eyes closed.
Wayne broke into a short silent laugh and drew to a table beside the bed where a water bottle and a pack of cotton wool were. 
He dabbed the wool with the water and touched Mike’s dry lips with it. “Save your strength bro. You will be fine.” He told him.
Mike lifted his eyelids slowly, managing a smile as he recognized his friend. “Wayne… ma men.”
Wayne laughed. “That’s right. I’m here men.” He said before retreating the wool to its place.
Mike coughed a little and Wayne turned to him.
“Are you okay? How are you feeling?” Wayne asked him.
“I can’t feel my right shoulder. I was shot, right?” Mike replied and asked.
Wayne nodded. “Yes.”
“Oh.” Mike sighed and took some time, gathering strength to add, “do they know who shot me?”
“Yes.” Wayne replied.
“Where is she?” he inquired in agony.
“They took her to the station. Mr. Hurts is working on her bail. She will be fine and out soon.”
“It was my…” he swallowed. “My fault Wayne. Please get Posh out of there and tell them I shot myself.”
“They got the video. But, she’s going to get out.”
Mike stayed silent. He struggled to speak and shut his eyes, lazily opening them again. “I never thought that, my life will get to this.” He said painfully.
“Mike. You don’t have to continue this way either.”
Unlike Wayne expected, Mike released a tear. “I was dying, right?”
“You lost a lot of blood it’s a great thing that, I found you just in time.”
Mike smiled a little at that. “Thank you men.”
“Thank God. He has given you another chance to live. Jesus still has a purpose with your life.”
He eyed him for a while. “I see that, you’ve changed.”
Wayne smiled, nodding. “It’s God.”
“Two weeks, right?” Mike asked.
“Yes.” Wayne replied, just realizing that. “Can a man encounter God and his life not change?” he wondered loudly.
Mike looked away. “That African girl was right.” He admitted. “She never assimilated our ways. God is superior than anything. Truly, he doesn’t forsake those who cling to him.”
Wayne narrowed his eyes staring at Mike. He was amazed by the heavy words by which spoke. Was he dying or something?
“Mike?” Wayne called.
Mike turned back to him. “Yes?”
“Do you wish to receive Jesus?”
“Do you think that, he would like me? I am not worthy to be called a Christian.”
“The Bible says that, I came to call the sinners and not the righteous to repentance.” He said and drew closer to emphasize, “Mike, you are more than qualified to be a Christian.”
He swallowed, releasing more tears. “I don’t want to receive him and get back to drugs. I don’t want to be an addict, Wayne. I want to be God’s and his completely.”
Wayne nodded strongly with tears sparkling his eyes. “I am sure that, Jesus will make you, wholly his.”
Mike managed a chuckle.
Wayne smiled. “Okay. Repeat after me. Our father who art in heaven.”
Mike shut his eyes and repeated emotionally, “Our father who art in heaven.”
“Thank you because you love me.”
“Thank you because you love me.”
“Thank you for sending Jesus, to die on the cross for me.”
“Thank you, thank you for sending Jesus, to die on the cross for me.”
“Please forgive all my sins.”
“Please forgive all my sins.”
“Please help me to follow you, Lord.”
“Please help me to follow you, Lord.”
“And make me yours completely.”
“And make me yours completely.”
“I deny Satan and all his works.”
“I deny Satan and all his works.”
“And I accept Jesus Christ as the savior of my life.”
“And I accept Jesus Christ as the savior of my life.”
“Amen.”
“Amen.”
Mike reopened his eyes and so did Wayne.
“How do you feel?” Wayne repeated the same question that, Vicky asked him two weeks past when she led him through the prayers of repentance.
Mike glanced at him. “Maybe lighter.”
Wayne smiled. “And you will be healed.”
Mike smiled and shut his eyes slowly. “I think, I’m falling asleep.”
“It’s the medication.”
“It’s Jesus” Mike corrected him and dozed off.
Wayne grinned, thanking God inwardly.

#

The evening of that day, Vicky arrived the large Music hall of the Derby. She paused at the threshold staring at the empty hall.
There was a pack of seats at one side, close to a set of violin and classical music instruments. A row of the audience seats was situated at the opposite side and a recording booth with a glass entrance, was stationed just few yards behind the audience chairs.
The music hall was alone and quite. She didn’t expect to find it that way.
Nevertheless, Vicky walked in and sat at the front row of the audience, staring emptily at the violins.
She sighed.
Truly the group was occupied with the shooting that took place earlier that morning. It was not too widespread but, there were rumors of it.
Thinking about that, Vicky shut her eyes in prayers, asking God for his mercies to class 100.

“I knew I’d find you here.”
A voice that filled the hall, interrupted Vicky and made her span around quickly.
“Sorry. I startled you?” It was Wayne. He asked, climbing down a couple of stairs to the audience seats.
She smiled a little. “No. I have been worried about you.”
He smiled back, having drawn close enough to give her a handshake. “Thank you.”
“Tell me what happened.” She requested.
He sighed with exhaustion and sat next to her. “Men, I had a long day but, I thank God because, everything worked out fine in the end.”
“That is great to hear. And who was shot?”
“Oh, so I see that the news has already spread.” He reckoned.
She shook her head. “I found out through other means. The issue is merely a rumor.”
“Okay. It was Mike.”
She seemed sorrowful but, did not express surprise. “I am very sorry. How is he doing right now?”
“He is out of danger. The doctors have assured us that, he would be fine.”
She smiled gladly. “That is great and your other friend?”
He furrowed his eyebrows. “Who are you talking about? Posh?”
“So, it’s her.”
He grimaced. “What was your source?”
“God told me.”
He raised his eyebrows in amazement. “Wow. Really?”
“Yes and led me to submit your assignment.”
His mouth dropped open in amazement. “What? Now I understand why, Mr. Hurts said that, he received my assignment.”
She grinned.
“Truly, God is good.” He acknowledged.
“All the time.” She replied.
He nodded and said. “Anyway, Posh is out on bail.”
“That is great.”
“Right. Thank you for your prayers.”
“You’re welcome.” She replied smiling. “So, you said something like, you were looking for me?”
He nodded. “Yeap. I checked you at your place but, I couldn’t find you.”
“I thought we would have rehearsals. I missed the fact that, the whole band’s made of your class.”
“Oh yeah. The guys were a bit shaken by what happened. Some are at the hospital, others are at Posh’s place showing support; you understand.”
“I do and… you are here.”
“Yes.” He said and paused, to add. “I’ve got news about Annie.”
Her face became inquisitive. “How is she? How did it go in New Mexico?”
He sighed. “Her father died.”
She blinked quickly, freezing as she absorbed the news. “Oh my God,” she whispered.
“Yes.” He affirmed. “Mr. Hurts informed us that, Mrs. Earl took leave from the office to stay longer in New Mexico after her husband’s death.”
She sighed deeply. “I can imagine how much a tragedy this is to Annie. Have you talked to her?”
“I tried calling her since this afternoon and left plenty of messages. She is not reachable. I wanted to make her aware that, she is not on her own.”
“I miss her so much, I wish that I could speak to her.”
“Same here.” He said and sighed. “When are you going to have your phone?”
She scratched her head. She did not expect that question. “Well. I want to have a laptop first.”
“I can lend you money to purchase a new phone. You’ll return to me whenever you can.”
“Thank you very much. I will be fine.”
“It’s important that you have a mobile phone. I tried to reach you earlier today but, I couldn’t get to you. Now I just have to guess where you may be or, the Holy Spirit has to guide me.”
She laughed a little. “Let the Holy Spirit guide you.”
“He’s guiding me to give you a loan for a phone.”
“Come on Wayne? I will be fine.”
“And if I want to reach you while I’m away?”
She raised her eyebrows in surprise. She was puzzled by two things; him wanting to reach her and him going away.
“Don’t look at me like that. You know that, you are the only person that I can confide to about a lot of things; spiritually, socially.” He paused, finding more words. “I am going home tomorrow to see my family. I am scared.”
She took a moment to respond. He sounded really terrified and she wanted to choose her words carefully. A word came to her mind. “Psalm 37:5 says; commit your way to the Lord, trust in him and he will act.”
He took out his phone from his pocket and perused his Bible app. “37 verse 5… okay; commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will act.” He read and turned to her, surely waiting for the sermon.
“Tell God where you’re going and all about your journey. Tell him how you feel about it and just trust that, he will sustain your mother’s life and your family’s welfare. He will surely act.”
He nodded silently.
“You know, the issue about trusting is; for example when you were kid and your dad would go to work and tell you that, he will bring you a present. You would go around the house joyfully and even tell the neighbors’ kids that, you are going to have a toy or a present from your daddy.” She explained and he laughed a little. She smiled too and added, “so, with God its’ the same. Only that, he has more power and influence than our earthly fathers.”
“Yeah. You’re right, you’re right.” He agreed, nodding.
“Go to the same Psalm. Chapter 12 and verse 6.” She instructed him.
He perused the Word again. “The promises of the Lord are promises that are pure, silver refined in a furnace on the ground, seven times,” he read.
“So, there. God never lies. Trust in him and he will act.”
He nodded to that and lowered the phone to his lap. “Thank you Vicky. I want you to know that, you have been so good to me. May God bless you so much.”
She smiled modestly. “Amen thank you Wayne.”
“I’ll tell my mom about you.”
She laughed a bit. “Wow. Thank you.”
He pocketed his phone. “So, I won’t talk to you till I get back?” he asked.
“You can leave me with your number.” She suggested.
“Do you have a place to write?” He asked.
She turned to her bag to look for a pen and a piece of paper but, could not find them. “I thought I carried… oops, I left my diary on the bed.”
“Okay it’s alright then, you can call me through Kyle or either of the boys from the band or Posh.”
She nodded.
He rose. “What can I get you from Ohio?”
She grinned, making her comely face, look like a baby. “Oh. It’s not necessary.”
“Seriously, tell me, what do you like?”
She glanced away, vainly searching among the violin sets for her thing. “I’m not sure. I’m no fond of anything special.”
“Okay. What’s your favorite color?”
“Green Apple.”
He nodded. “I’ll remember that.”
She smiled brightly. “Thank you. What time will you be leaving?”
“I’ll take the first flight that leaves to Ohio tomorrow morning. So, right now I’m going to my apartment to pack and go to JFK this very night.”
“They also have local flights there?”
“Yeah.”
“Okay. I wish you a safe journey. I’ll be praying for you.”
He offered a smile. “Thank you. Are you going to be here for long?”
She looked around. “Not for long. I’ll try playing a violin, I guess and then, get back to my place.”
He nodded. “Okay, good bye.” He said, bending his back to offer her an unexpected air-kiss that also got her off-guard.
He turned around and left.
Vicky paused there for a while, contemplating what just happened.
She then shook her head and rose from her seat, to try the violin sets on the stage.

watch out for more to come in the final part of TWO WEEKS right here
@ multtalentedp.blogspot.com
#twoweeksstory

Thank you Dank Sukriya Ahsante Gracias (add your own in the comments below)

No comments:

Post a Comment