Tuesday, December 1, 2015

HAMERTON 2 Chapter 4 episode 5

HAMERTON 2
Thank you God for this opportunity.


Hamerton. A large school offering the finest Education to the students of the state and overseas. Natalie joins this school arriving from Brooklyn and she has grief over her lost friends who were murdered in Hamerton. She teams up with Ingrid and their fellow seniors against the House of Representatives to prevent a bomb blast that could cause a large massacre.
Hallow viewers!


previously on Hamerton; Nicole appears in Geneva, Switzerland with Gale Baeyer who loves her and wants to marry her. She is forced to disagree because of her commitment to Trevor.


“Hallo?”
“Hello Henry?”
“Howls. What a relief to hear from you. How are things with your wife? Any news?”
“Yes. The SOHOT got hold of me a while ago and told me that, I have to deliver Trevor to them or else they are going to kill her. Somehow, the SOHOT people found out that the real Trevor is still in London.”
Henry was amazed. “How?”
“I don’t know. But, now they want him.”
Henry sighed. “Oh my God. This is bad.”
“Yes. I have already asked Nicole back in the field. All I need is you to try to reach Maggie. I believe that you can access her through the receiver in her ear.”
“Yes.” Henry said nodding. He rose from where he was sitting and walked to a computer desk at one end of the room. “Yesterday, I heard voices on the radio but, I was in front of Mr. Tommy, I could not follow up.”
“It must have been Maggie. Me and Trevor have switched off our receivers.”
“Oh.” Henry said, feeling sad that, he did not take notice of that. He tapped on the screen touch computer. “Her receiver is dead for now. She must be asleep or something.”
Corny sounded sighing. “I just hope that, she is still okay.”
“Could there be a way to wake her so that, we can make the receiver go live again?”
“No. There is no way to reach her unless she makes a sound.”
Henry was silent.
“Henry. When you heard her yesterday, what did she say? Did she sound afraid?”
“She was breathing. I don’t remember hearing any words.”
“Wait. Trevor’s room has got cameras right?”
“Right.” Henry replied, nodding.
“Whatever she said that, you can’t remember, must have been recorded by the secret cameras.”
Henry smiled with hope. “Right. I got in my room, I mean, Trevor’s room when the radio was already on. Probably, she said more before I arrived.”
“Yes.” Corny agreed, sounding more hopeful. “Please, go to the security room and take the security tapes belonging your room. You also understand that, if Bill or Mr. Tommy take notice of them, they will realize that, Trevor is not with them.”
“Yes.” Henry said, rising.
“Who is holding the office in my absence?”
“Bill.”
“Okay. Just, find a way to get those tapes.”
“Okay.” Henry replied, nodding.
There was a short pause before Corny came again. “Henry?”
“Yes Howls?”
“Please you will let me hear what she said.”
“Yes Howls.” Henry accepted pitifully.

He left the room and rushed to the top floor of the mansion.
There was a hallway and a door at the end of it that opened up to a short corridor.
He walked into the corridor to a door labeled.

Security

“Bill?” Henry called.
“Who is it?”
“Me.” He replied, imitating Trevor’s voice.
He waited a few seconds and the door was opened.
The tall and heavily built security head of the house, appeared, wearing a black shirt and blue jeans.
“Yes boss. How can I help you?” he asked.
“Amh… Mr. To… I mean, my father is calling you.”
“Oh. Okay. In the study right?” Bill asked, fully aware of everyone’s movement in the house.”
“Yes.” Henry replied quickly. “But, before you go. Tell me, since you have been picking on me in my room, do you know where I placed my blue bag? I misplaced it, I forgot where I put it.”
“No boss. On the contrary, I have been focusing on helping Corny find his wife. I hardly check on you. But, I can go through the tapes and find out for you.” he said, retreating into the room.
“No, no, no.” Henry snapped. “I want to do that, on my own. It’s good that, you also don’t check on me. I like to dance naked.”
Bill grimaced at him, giving his back to a bunch of screens behind them. “Really, sir?”
“Yes, yes. So, please, go see my father. And, I will just find my blue bag with my music tapes.” Henry replied quickly.
Bill blinked, shrugged and left.
Henry sighed with relief after Bill had gone.
Trevor will kill me for telling Bill that. He thought, hastily occupying a swing chair in front of the screens.
He darted his gaze on them, looking for one that, must have showed his empty room. When he found it, he stretched his hand to a compartment below the screen where a VHS played. He pressed a button and the compartment opened. He took the tape and read a label on its side. “T. Of course.”
He turned to a drawer below the computer screens and shuffled through a pile of tapes for those labeled T and those without any labels.
He wanted to flush the security tapes into an empty video tape.
When he finally got hold of one, he hurried to shift the files to the empty tape and by chance, got a glimpse of Mr. Tommy’s study room.

“No. I haven’t asked for you.” Mr. Tommy sounded.
“Oh. Really sir? Then, I guess Trevor must want to check his naked videos in private.” Bill said.

Henry sighed, pressing a button to delete the files in the original tape.

“Naked videos, Bill? Is that the reason why he shuns me from his room?” Mr. Tommy asked

Henry sighed again at this. “Trevor will really kill me.”

“He’s slightly changed since he came back.” Bill commented.
“Do you think that, he’s missing that girl, Natalie?” Mr. Tommy asked.
“He has not showed that, but, it could be possible.”

“C’mon c’mon.” Henry vainly urged the computer in front of him.
He glanced at the screen showing Mr. Tommy and Bill.

“Did you make follow up on her as I asked?” Mr. Tommy was asking.
“Yes. She has no link to your enemies. She is the daughter of one engineer Nathan Bradley.” Bill informed him.
“Ah. I've heard that name before.”
“Maybe because he is the chief engineer of Mr. Brooks' mining project in one country in Africa.”

Though Henry’s work was already done, he paused behind the screens, following closely what Bill and Mr. Tommy disclosed.

“Ah. Robert Brooks. He used to work for our company. It seems that, he struck such a big deal in the mines. Do you remember that, we saw him last year I think, with his children?” Mr. Tommy asked.
“Yes and he seemed very wealthy.”
“His house is a castle. It’s bigger than this. It is close as big as Trevor’s favorite home in London.”
“Do you think of contacting him sir and probably engage in his business?” Bill asked.
“No. But, I will visit him some day. You see, I think that, his daughter could be good for my son. We come from the same social class and well, his daughter and my son were already acquainted once.”

Henry frowned at this. “Trevor loves Natalie.”

“Not once sir. Caitlin Brooks also went to Hamerton. She was shifted after a blast that, almost killed her.”
“That school is no good for my son. Not for him nor for anyone.”
“I agree with you Mr. Tommy. Okay. You will tell me when you would like to see Mr. Brooks and I will make the necessary arrangements.”
“Okay. Before you go, tell me what happened with Maggreth Howls.”
“Corny is making the efforts to rescue her.”
“Please, supply him with whatever he needs. If it also necessary, I’ll travel to England to show him my support.”
“That, could be dangerous for you sir.” Bill warned.
“No, no. Corny is like my second born. Whatever happens to him affects me too.”
“I understand sir.” Bill replied nodding.
“Please update me of his progress.” Mr. Tommy asked.
“Surely sir.”

At this, Henry replaced the tape in its compartment and pocketed the new tape.
At the screen, he noticed Bill leave Mr. Tommy’s study room. He pushed back his chair and started out of the room.
He scurried to the end of the corridor and opened the door that got him back into the hallway. There was an elevator at the opposite end of the floor that, could have quickly got him to his bedroom. But, he knew that he could cross paths with Bill so, he took the stairs instead.

After crossing a few floors, he came to his bedroom floor. He got in and shut himself inside.


What happened next? Stay tuned to find out!


©All rights reserved

kindly don't forget to drop your comments on the story Hamerton, wherever on the net with the hashtag #creativewritingHamerton .IG: @mult_talented_p


Ahsante, Thank you, Merci, Tack, Dank, Obrigado, Salamat, Spasibo, Grazie, Gracias...

No comments:

Post a Comment